It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night, the sky was WHITE!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Ok, got one on noctilucent clouds from a finnish weather observers site

www.sci.fi...

Enjoy

Cool clouds! But your wrong. They look nothing like the completely white sky he is describing. I have seen it many times while observing chemtrails. They spray all day long and by the end of the day atlest half of the sky is covered with a white layer of chemicals. Literally, completely and blatently white like a sheet of paper.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by realanswers

I got a contrail outside that has expanded right now and the wind is gusting at 10knots....in fact wind hasnt change at all

You just replied to my post just 3 MINUTES after I've posted it. You can't honestly believe that weather control would be that INSTANT. It takes time and sometimes the government has to fly a number of "chemtrails" over an area.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Im sorry I just dont believ in chemtrails. Im work in the weather industry and look at the sky and weather phenomenen on a daily basis so I have sufficient knowledge and training and experience. I have never witnessed anything that gives me even the slightest hint that planes are spraying chemicals into the atmosphere. Thats my opinion

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

Its been here for about an hour, I am now reporting it as cirrus cloud. It will have no effect on me or the environment

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
realanswers: interesting stuff. i'm not trying to cause any sort of argument, but i still don't see any scientific backing provided. i do understand what you're getting at, i just don't see anything that entices me to believe.

Well, gravity has been changing in our star system so that in itself will cause major changes on Earth. Here is the scientific backing that you wanted: www.rostra.dk...

Read this about Earth's major gravity changes: www.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The shape of the planet is changing and people think that rising sea levels are from polar ice melting??? When ice melts, it DECREASES in volume NOT increase!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
the magnetic field of the earth IS shifting - quite wildly actually. i saw a map in a nat geo mag a while back that showed where it was 100 years ago, where it is now and where it's projected to be in the next 50-100 years.

the link you put up about the relation between volume and gravity makes perfect sense. i already knew that was the case but never saw the math for it which was pretty cool.

what i still don't see is what evidence there is that we revolve around another star call "Alcion" and that a "photon belt" even exists. i don't automatically dismiss the possibility, but where's the evidence?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here is another article about Earth's gravity changes which would change other things: www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This happens all the time where i live wots the big deal and no this isn't a problem its just water vapour

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
This happens all the time where i live wots the big deal and no this isn't a problem its just water vapour

You're probably right, but I remember having a hard time seeing clouds at night. Now it seems like it's on a daily basis where I'm having a hard time seeing the stars and the blackness of the night sky because of these light reflecting/glowing white clouds.
That third youtube video was from Arizona which is one of the better states to see the stars yet the clouds still where white at night.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Airplanes occasionally jettison fuel during emergency situations in flight.

NASA has discharged trimethylaluminium (TMA) into the air above the Atlantic Ocean, as part of a 2003 project to study the ionosphere, creating linear man-made clouds which glowed in the night sky before drifting and dispersing.[19] . This of course does not account for the thousands of patterns observed daily.

Skywriting is the process of creating patterns or messages in the sky by leaving a smoke trail behind a small aircraft.

Often during air shows, coloured smoke trails can be seen. These trails are generated by dyed paraffin color discharge cartridges at the exhaust of the engine.

Fertilizers and pesticides are sometimes sprayed over large fields from low flying agricultural aircraft, a process known as aerial application or crop dusting.

Got this from Wiki

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Its been here for about an hour, I am now reporting it as cirrus cloud. It will have no effect on me or the environment

That's not true. High altitude cirrus clouds be it natural or contrail derived do have a measurable effect on the environment. I've compiled all the relevant reports in a thread. Here, check it out. As a meteorologist you might find it interesting:

Aircraft contrails contributing to global warming?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Someone I know claims it is phosphorus in the sky, glowing as it usually does.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure about visibly glowing clouds during the middle of the night, but if they can be seen during or just after sunset it is probably due to their altitude. If they are directly above you at high altitude, the horizon for them would be further away and therefore sunlight would still be shining on them making them appear as they would during the day. That should only be the case around dusk though.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know if this is applicable or not, but I have noticed especially in fall and winter when taking my dogs out for the 'quick' walk before work at 4 to 5 am the city lights light up the clouds to where they seem they are glowing. I live in big city, lots of ground light pollution.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ahhh the long discussed and easily debunked Chemtrails.... quiet funny actually.

The shape of the planet is changing and people think that rising sea levels are from polar ice melting??? When ice melts, it DECREASES in volume NOT increase!

Antarctica, Greenland, and even the Arctic are ABOVE sealevel, therefore if they melt, sealevels with rise. Go take a glass and fill it up with so it overflows with iceblocks. Then, fill it up to the brim with water..... You'll notice the cup will begin to overflow as the ice above the water melts.

[edit on 6/10/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've seen these also, on the east side of Washington state. More and more they are showing up at dusk only.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
More and more they are showing up at dusk only.

Interesting. They've shown up two dawns in a row today where I am.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
The city lights light up the clouds to where they seem they are glowing. I live in big city, lots of ground light pollution.

This is most likely the answer. It is not just city lights, but highway lights and the super powered lighting at sports arena's cause a major brightness shift. Factor in all the wal-mart's, and other shopping facilities with parking lots full of lighting.

Often over new york city or out across the hudson at Giants Stadium in New Jersey, it almost looks like glowing UFO's hovering. When in fact its just lots of bright lighting.
bouncing off low flying cloud cover. Further away from the city the glow is diminished, but if one looks carefully the clouds are there as well, just unlit.

I've noticed pure white skies when its going to snow or rain for about thirty years.
Especially during certain kinds of snow fall.

Its nothing new, thats for sure.

Now if a cloudless sky turns white...that would be weird.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
Ahhh the long discussed and easily debunked Chemtrails.... quiet funny actually.

Antarctica, Greenland, and even the Arctic are ABOVE sealevel, therefore if they melt, sealevels with rise. Go take a glass and fill it up with so it overflows with iceblocks. Then, fill it up to the brim with water..... You'll notice the cup will begin to overflow as the ice above the water melts.

[edit on 6/10/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

It's also due to the different densities of salt water and fresh water. The polar ice is frozen fresh water, this displaces less volume of water (salt) than it produces when it melts so that there is an overall net increase in global sea levels. However if ice that is situated on land melts into the ocean, sea levels will also rise.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I can pretty much pick up a bead on where Jacobs field Cleveland Indians stadium is 6 miles away by lit clouds passing by when they are lit up. Also over downtown, but not quite as pronounced. Jacobs has some kind of new vertical halogen mega lighting.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join