It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MERMAID IN PHILIPINES!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
OK YOU DONT BELIEVE AND I CANT SPELL WELL.BUT THIS IS A PHILIPINO THING.I DONT EXPECT THE U.S TO BELIEVE ME.YOUR ALL TO WRAPPED UP IN ALIENS RIGHT NOW.
IM ONLY A KID ANYWAY.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If she was a hot latina mermaid I might listen. Did your grandmother mention things like measurements? 36-24-36? Was she blond? What about her eye color?
Hmmm...

Well I don't know what to make of this. I've heard of many strange things, mermaid just never struck me as possibly being real. Aliens, bigfeet, yeti, lochness (questionable), vampires... yeah sure why not. But mermaids? It's Ariel and Flounder!!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I used to know this dude who would never go swimming in Pueblo Reservoir in Colorado because his grandmother told him that salamanders would swim up his butt and become lodged in there.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Does anyone who believes (for whatever reasons) in mermaids/mermen...think they would bite a fish hook or get caught in a net? Maybe they carry a swiss army knife, made in china, and whenever they do get stuck or snagged they use there hands to grab the knife to free their tale!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
all these mermaid story told by an elders in asian country are very common (not only just in phillipine) i personally think it's a little far fetch myself half woman half fish? but anyhow there are alot of mythical creatures story all over asia. the most common one is the dragon like creatures. but i to be honest mermaid is one of least that are likely to ever existed.

i mean biologically doesn't make sense, like if the upper half of the bodyare suppose to be just like a human even the skin, if this was the case and the mermiads spend all that times underwater wouldn't their skin be "prune-like"?!! or something?

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by cjlegolas]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Don't bother feeding the trolls.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

dont be so naive, dont belive everything you hear.....
this is like that guy, that posted that with the pigions evolving.....

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greys

dont be so naive, dont belive everything you hear.....
this is like that guy, that posted that with the pigions evolving.....

Well put.

Mermaids, in my oppinon, are BS. I think there could be SOMETHING weird and somewhat human-like, though.

Maybe mermaids are grey-dolphin hybrids that can come out of water, and they built they pyramids, sunk Atlantis, killed off the dinosaurs, and aided GWAR in inadvertantly creating humans by raping primitive apes
OMG THE WORLD MAKES SENSE NOW!! HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS??!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIdinthewind
anyway,she said when the mermaid sings sonone dies or drowns in th lake.

Then why don't they just stay out of the lake if they hear singing?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, I'm mainly confused because he said that they sing so nobody dies or drowns. But then...when they sing about that they want relatives, people die and drown??

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

she said when the mermaid sings sonone dies or drowns

Did he mean "someone" or "so noone"?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
ttiuwop!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
When I was in the Bahamas, hanging on the beach talking to locals....I was told similar tales of Mermaids that supposedly lived in fresh water pools on the islands, and were dangerous.They would 'sing' to lure in a potential meal....the Bahaimian mermaids would blind you if they didnt kill you...No locals would take me to a fresh water pool for me to check this out, because they claimed they didnt want to be reponsible for my death, or loosing my eyesight........the lady who braided and beaded my hair claimed her nephew had been blinded by such a mermaid, and she genuinly seamed to believe this........
I collect mermaid art, and am always searching out good mermaid stories, and I ask local folks about them where ever I travel to............
There is a scarey Figi mermaid story as well but that was covered on the XFiles one episode.........
Ive never been convinced (lack of evidence) Mermaids have ever existed, but I sure do like the stories!
Tell me some more!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It reminds me of an old wives tale from malaysia, particularly around a lake calle tasik chini. The legen has it there was a 100ft long snake that live in this lake and neighbouring lakes and it travelled between via a series of tunnels... BS in my opinion but probably based on truth. The same as your grandmothers mermaid story. The snake i reffered to was probably a reticlute python, the longest recorded species in the world (not largest anacondas have the most mass), you grans mermaids are probably dolphins or porpoises or something...

and just for the record i dont think something your gran tells you should be valid as evidence for an ats post, not paying out on you, i like your enthusiasm, just a heads up

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
While travelling in Ghana, West Africa I heard quite a lot about mermaids. Most people swore they existed, as well as gnomes, little people with backwards feet.

These are sensibile and very nice people, and I doubt they were just having me on. I've got a bit of a theory about it.

I think that in the past and still in some third world countires, people have a perceptual range that is far more broad than people in the west. Possibly western people have lost part of this range due to a lifetime of television watching. So, in essence, these people are able to see into other realms or other focuses of 'reality'. When they detect something of that nature, ethereal beings if you will, then their perception renders it into something physical (appearing) that they can percieve more easily.

I think people are seeing something that they call mermaids. In my experience, people don't just make things up, especially entire cultures creating fantasies just for the hell of it. There is a lot of history in this. The Irish and faeries, Asians and dragons, Filipinos and aswangs etc. There is SOMETHING out there, of that I'm sure. I've seen a few weird things myself.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
If she was a hot latina mermaid I might listen. Did your grandmother mention things like measurements? 36-24-36? Was she blond? What about her eye color?

mMMmmm... I'd love to get her all wet!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIdinthewind
OK YOU DONT BELIEVE AND I CANT SPELL WELL.BUT THIS IS A PHILIPINO THING.I DONT EXPECT THE U.S TO BELIEVE ME.YOUR ALL TO WRAPPED UP IN ALIENS RIGHT NOW.
IM ONLY A KID ANYWAY.

Like many I always figured that there was something more to yowie/yeti/lake monster sightings than was accepted, but somehow I always assumed mermaids were too far out to be real.

However, over the many years as an accumulator of testimonies and reports from people on 'strange' things, I have met two different people who claimed to have seen an actual, real life mermaid - and strangely (or not) both sightings were around the Philippines islands. I was not given permission for either account to go on the record, as both were professionally employed, and neither wanted publicity or to risk their respective jobs. I will say though, that one of them is a very qualified scientist/naturalist, and has spent his life discovering and identifying creatures in remote SE Asian locations.

I think Fortean Times magazine has also run some interesting research on the topic of mermaids.

Speaking of weird stuff, any Aussies reading this might be intrigued to learn of many reports of a loch ness-type creature in the Hawkesbury river - Cottage Point area - in the 1930-40s. I interviewed one eyewitness (again off the record unfortunately) - she was a high society lady, at a high society function on a boat, and most of the party saw the creature. Long neck, huge displacement of water creating waves, huge body etc.

peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They sound very much like the Sirens of (Greek ????) mythology that sang to lure sailors to there deaths.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
just because your grandmother tells you a story that doesn't make it true. I could come up with a tale about how I used to go to the forest and see bigfoot breakdancing and it'd be about as real as your grandmother's story. without any proof to back up these stories then they'll be dismissed as nothing more then a fairytale or hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join