It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MERMAID IN PHILIPINES!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
PPL theres a mermaid in the philipines.my grandmother told me the story.She said where sehs from theres this lake.and kids come bathe in the lake.anyway,she said when the mermaid sings sonone dies or drowns in th lake.like there is this tree there.Divers went into the lake to the bottom and found out it was really deep.andd in the roots underwater was a body of the missing boy

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow, that's some story your grandmother told you

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That's a bunch of bull, IMO. It was probably a dolphin, as most cases revolve around dolphins and manatees. But, this is a lake which we are speaking of...

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by TheConservative]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
how do they know for sure it's a mermaid???
couldn't the person have drowned accidentally?

i don't mean to put down your post in anyway, anything is possible, i too have heard "mermaid" stories from some elders, but i think they were probably mistaken, since they were not the most educated people and didn't know what many underwater creatures can look like.

but anyway do you know of any pictures, links, anything else on this?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It was a Russian Nuclear Sub passing by playing Russian folk music underwater, really loud. Your deaf grandmother thought it was a mermaid singing, and when a boy went to investigate, he got hit by a huge metal object and dragged to the bottom as his shirt caught on to something on the sub. Those Russians don't really pay attention when preoccupied with vodka, I should know, I'm Russian..

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I should make a thread called "HOLY BARRELS DISCOVERED IN ST PETERSBURG" cuz my grandfather once told me a story that when he served in WWII, the Germans released empty barrels with holes in them from airplanes, to trick people on the ground that it's a bomb. Because it makes that whistling sound as it falls (hence the holes). But you'd never know if it was real or not, so people would run their asses off when they hear the whistling.

Also, when my grandmother told me that she kept losing dentures, I could always make a thread and call it "DENTURE-STEALING ALIENS, INVADE!" but that'd be about as accurate as your story!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
It was a Russian Nuclear Sub passing by playing Russian folk music underwater, really loud. Your deaf grandmother thought it was a mermaid singing, and when a boy went to investigate, he got hit by a huge metal object and dragged to the bottom as his shirt caught on to something on the sub. Those Russians don't really pay attention when preoccupied with vodka, I should know, I'm Russian..

ROFL. i think your overthinking again

anyways, i doubt the mermaid exists, but IF it exists, it might be the one causing people to drown and/or die and it should be caught and put on trial

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

ROFL. i think your overthinking again

anyways, i doubt the mermaid exists, but IF it exists, it might be the one causing people to drown and/or die and it should be caught and put on trial

Are you joking? Trial? If it exists, I will personally coin the new phrase "canned mermaid". Mmmm it'll go down as easy as tuna... bring it!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Are you joking? Trial? If it exists, I will personally coin the new phrase "canned mermaid". Mmmm it'll go down as easy as tuna... bring it!

lol. mmmmm..... and only at 100 times the price of tuna

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
its true.even the other people not in my family be talking about it.when she is singing,she says she wants a granddad or boy and that person dies
believe

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
when i go to thye philipines i get a phot then and maybe die to while im at it

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIdinthewind
its true.even the other people not in my family be talking about it.when she is singing,she says she wants a granddad or boy and that person dies
believe

Could you tell us the name of the lake. That would help us research it alot. Find out the name of the lake and post it, if you would.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Huh? I'm having problems understanding that.. I do wish you used punctuation, capitalization, some hint of grammar, and at least looked at the spelling once or twice.. just a thought. It makes it hard to read/understand otherwise.

Oh and, as someone already asked, specifics would really help. Just saying people are talking about it doesn't mean anything, people talk about a lot of things. Then you say believe, like a command telling us to believe, which is essentially futile if you know the types of people who are members of this board. So I'd advise you be more spefic, and don't be surprised when a baseless statement is ridiculed

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Huh? I'm having problems understanding that.. I do wish you used punctuation, capitalization, some hint of grammar, and at least looked at the spelling once or twice.. just a thought. It makes it hard to read/understand otherwise.

Oh and, as someone already asked, specifics would really help. Just saying people are talking about it doesn't mean anything, people talk about a lot of things. Then you say believe, like a command telling us to believe, which is essentially futile if you know the types of people who are members of this board. So I'd advise you be more spefic, and don't be surprised when a baseless statement is ridiculed

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by lilblam]

Maybe English isn't his first language. Give him a break. ATS in an international community.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
NO PICS.... NO MERMAID

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i actually heard that story from my mother.... we live off of Manila... but she said its all not true

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why are you people such #ing jerks sometimes?

This is obviously some little kid, right?

Instead of downright insulting him, please educate him a bit more on the topic at hand.

I'll step up to the plate then.

rubens.anu.edu.au...

Stories of Mermaids have been told for centuries, be it in the form of folklores, legends or faerietales. Images of this creature have plagued artists and writers in their efforts to bring to life the mystery, beauty, and yes, eroticism of the mermaid to their audiences. The role of mythology is ever changing in our human society and it is with this in mind that the time has come for a stocktake of these mediums to establish the different roles the mermaid has played in human development.

This seems like a good site.

www.mermaid.net...

Here you go.

Happy Hunting

Deep

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thank you, ZeroDeep & NotTooHappy.

I don't necessarily believe in mermaids, but it's cool to read about these things. KIdinthewind, thank you for sharing this story with us.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
don't worry. ur grandma probably lived through the psychodelic age (a.k.a drug era, or the 60's - 70's) and she most likely smoked a few reefers. she probably didnt know what the hell was going on and thought that one of the swimmers was a mermaid. i don't blame her. it happens to the best of us

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join