It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Vs The 2008 Beijing Olympics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It is funny I originaly found ATS because of Titor conspiracyLOL I believe jeff Rense had a link to the Titor thread on rense back in the day, It may stilll be there.
DWT

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
Can anyone name ONE thing that John Titor stated would happen that actually happened?

Sorry for the one line post; sometimes it is necessary though to ask a question.

I read through all of the John Titor threads and was quite taken back at his demeanor. I also found information pertaining to a Professor Ronald Mallett who is a Professor of Physics Research Group Affiliation Particle and Field Theory University of Connecticut. Prof. Mallett has echoed a lot of the same technical information. You can find his information and time machine work here.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
J Titor is the biggest scam ever, he predicted something in 2036! why he can't predict in 2012?
no one will be here by 2036 to verify what he said?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
titor like many befor was a hollow sham - even the lady he spoke to admits it now - why even give creedence to such pathetic hoaxes - if you check the time line you will actually find many predate 9/11. In itself thats the clue - a time america realised that shaddow foes and hoax predictions have nothing on what the real world would and will throw at them.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What I think many people forget is that the events that John was describing happened 30+ years ago from his perspective. Seeing that he is a solider from a rural area, I would imagine that his education is some were between high school graduate and associates degree. I would also surmise that he is young, maybe 25 to 30. I can tell you all right now that though I consider myself to be fairly intelligent; I do not know the historical facts of the last 50 years like the back of my hand. Margin for error in cases such as the 2006 winter Olympics are to be accounted for, as well as such errors are to be expected. That being said, I only halfway believe his predictions myself, but like one with an open mind, I am willing to give Mr. Titor a chance to prove his validity.

I believe that time travel should be considered possible merely from the stand point that all other great obstacles in human history where consider impossible until done. Examples: The Discovery of the American Continent, Flight, Breaking the Sound Barrier, The Atomic Bomb, Space Travel, Landing on The moon... Why Not Time Travel?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Speak for yourself... I'll only be 50 years old!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It did not matter what JT said, because if you even remotely resonate with what his message was for us, he claimed that there are differences that happen in the different timelines. I made a lot of changes based on his visit. It got me off my butt and looking at the world around me with more seriousness than before I heard about him. I liked the idea of healthy eating, avoiding mad cow, GM foods, having a plan being prepared, raising my kids to think about the world and what it takes to be a participant in the event that you couldnt go to the store to buy foods and what it would take to find at least 5 people within a 100 mile radius that you would trust your life to. To know that water and purification knowledge is important, to be honest and hard working, to be brave enough to fight for your life and for those you care about. To see children as the future and to honor the elderly for their wisdom, to stop watching the tv so much and to appreciate communicating via the web instead. To communicate with my family by computer and video rather than by telephone. To teach my children music and martial arts, to feel the responsibility for the future and to be willing to fight for the right to survive if the SHTF and they want to put people in harms way. To know the importance of the simple things in life and to seek out the kinds of people that resonate with harmony and stay away from dysfunction and people that are cruel and just have no respect for women, children, elderly, animals, and our planet.
I liked his ideas about the up coming elections... I am watching to see which candidate choses a female as their vice president, that is the one that will win the election. A female for sure. Will end up being the president in 2009.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
titor made avery clear statement about the olympics. He said, "there will be no official olympics after 2004"

the IOC considered the 2006 olympics official. That's good enough for me. No offense to you, but I bet the Norwegians and Austrians and Swedes consider the winter olympic games the real games

unofficial olympics means me and my friends skiing down a hill and handing out medals on a plywood podium.

official is an event run by the IOC, as you can clearly see here;
2006 - IOC website

A record 2,508 athletes from 80 National Olympic Committees (NOCs) competed at the Turin Winter Games, and 26 NOCs took home medals, another record. Austrians dominated Alpine skiing, gaining 14 of the 30 medals awarded. South Korea displayed equal success in short-track speed skating (gaining 10 medals of the 24 awarded).

China is also not the end of it, Vancouver, London and Sochi would all have to fail to happen before you can count this in JT's tally as an accurate prediction

btw, thanks for linking to a scource that shows the fiber optic picture, oops, I mean the laser picture that proves it was all a big hoax

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by peisman
What I think many people forget is that the events that John was describing happened 30+ years ago from his perspective.

he adressed that, and said he was a history buff

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sometime it's fun to go on that journey with someone who makes up stuff. You play along the whole time and wonder with your own imagination. You know it's all fiction but the point is to enjoy the ride. Don't take everything so serious. To bad I missed that ride. This is the first time I heard of the character.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There is no absolute proof, in my mind, that he is a fraud. But there is proof that he MAYBE real. So I remain skeptical yet nothing to absolutely proof one way or the other.

However, there is one thing in the near future we could proof him right/wrong. He said there will not be an olympics after 2004, giving him the credit that he is referring to summer olympics (I would if I came from 2036, and who cares about winter olympcs anyway). So this is THE thing we can proof him right or wrong.

Now I think beijing olympics may not take place, NOT because of olympics, but because of the war John mentioned. The anex of taiwan.

If you follow the news on these events, all experts are saying 2008 will be the point China will take action, some even predict it'll be Feb. John even mentioned that "instability" will be the cause of NOT having the olympics.

We'll see if this is gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by OzWeatherman

John Titor has never been "proven" as a fraud although many skeptics simply insist on it because time travel is impossible.

he is a fraud, where is the civil war of 2005?

there is nothing of him that should be held in a regard of maybe some of what he said was true

he states he was from the future therefore knowing the past, his story has not come true at all

therefore fraud

anything else can be considered coincidence

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think he said "civil unrest" begins in 2005

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by congomangt

I agree. As I tried to argue earlier in the thread, the winter olympics are neglected by many people. If someone says the word "olympics" to me, track and field immediately come to mind. I often forget there is even such thing as the "winter olympics", probably cos far less of a fuss is made about it in my country.

Perhaps Titor was a hoax. I think there is some (rather inconclusive) evidence to suggest so. However, it's not enough for a rational, sane person like me to quite abandon the possiblity that it could be true.

Like I said before, this summer will provide a hugely strong piece of evidence, either for or against John Titor. If the olympics happens, I'll gladly admit I was wrong to give Titor a second thought. If the olympics doesn't happen, I'll continue to watch the story pan out with an open mind.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Why would anyone hang their hat on his olympic prediction?

He stated many stuff was supposed to happen well before 2008. Absolutely nothing has come true. Not to mention his laughable "science" in discussing time travel and his time machine.

Titor was 100% a hoax, and I can't imagine any rational thinking person still discussing him as if there is still a chance he wasn't a hoax. Nice story but....thats it.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The 2008 Olympics are another station the Titor train stops at, and where hopefully many more people will get off the train for good. Assuming that it is not true.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, with Germany threating to be the first country to boycot the Olympics this prophecy can get on track again...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Anyone who claims to be a time-traveler and is not 100% correct EVERYTIME is a fraud. Hell, if I can travel back to last week i would be a very rich man, putting all my money in stocks and sports... and i would never lose, because i already know what happened!

I don’t think that you can be correct every time with forecasts or predictions because if you travelled back in time then just being there you would effect the outcome of what ever you spoke about or tried to do, for example if like John Titor he stated that there would be a civil war in America in 2005-6 (not sure when) But that never happened now a lot of people will argue that’s because he a fraud and just making things up, other’s will say it never happened because he, having traveled back and “told” us about it never happened and still others will say that his memory of history is not accurate or just he got the dates wrong, and others will just say wait and see.

As to the up and coming Olympics I have read that there are a lot of people worried about security and other issues which affect the contestants but not the common people so we’ll just have to wait and see the out come.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
considered that he conveniently neglected to let out 911 out of his outrageous prophecies, was good enough for me to read it as a nice science fiction story
The 911 IS one of the turning points in the world's history, even for a dude coming back for into the 3000 will remember it
my 2cts

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Anyone who claims to be a time-traveler and is not 100% correct EVERYTIME is a fraud. Hell, if I can travel back to last week i would be a very rich man, putting all my money in stocks and sports... and i would never lose, because i already know what happened!

Erm. No offense, but that's ridiculous. I'm no Titor believer but there are much better arguments against him than, "He wasn't 100% correct every time!"

Think about what you're saying. Suppose you picked a random American off the street today and sent him 50 years back in time to make predictions to our parents and grandparents. How accurate do you suppose his predictions would be? Given the extreme ignorance of the average American, I'd guess he would get *most* things wrong, despite being a genuine certified time-traveler. A time traveler could be mistaken and/or uneducated just as easily as anyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join