It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly on Mars: weird object

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
sadly, the light prevents every attempt of comparison, and its shape isn't clear at all, we can only "imagine" it:

HEY Glad to see you back!! Hope everything is okay

I thought maybe THEY came and got you

Here is the best I can do from the MSSS strip... The USGS one looks like a different angle, so they must have shot this one twice even though the image number is the same..

Have a look at this closeup and tell me what you thing...

As to the "spotlight effect" take the image above and put in in your graphics program... (I use thumbs plus as it has a slider control and you can watch the changes) Increase the brightness quickly... you will see your 'spotlight effect' There is only one crater in that field but the sun angle is from upper right... the effect definitely appears to be coming from the object

I will try to make an animation later

In the USGS version there is no detail at all in the blacked out area... but you can see the sun angle in the small crater... You can also see the angle of the light from the object... this one is even more dramatic in lightness change

[edit on 4-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

sadly, the light prevents every attempt of comparison, and its shape isn't clear at all, we can only "imagine" it:

HEY Glad to see you back!! Hope everything is okay

I thought maybe THEY came and got you

Glad to see you too

maybe one day i'll account what happened

As to the "spotlight effect" take the image above and put in in your graphics program... (I use thumbs plus as it has a slider control and you can watch the changes) Increase the brightness quickly... you will see your 'spotlight effect' There is only one crater in that field but the sun angle is from upper right... the effect definitely appears to be coming from the object

I will try to make an animation later

In the USGS version there is no detail at all in the blacked out area... but you can see the sun angle in the small crater... You can also see the angle of the light from the object... this one is even more dramatic in lightness change

Thank you for your answer: i'm curious to see the animation, now...
I'd like to see the area without that sun angle, just in order to see the shape of the "hill" or whatever is it.

Originally posted by spikedmilk
Another late one cruising the Mars Rovers site last night. I found a few interesting pics. Today, I issue to you, this one. What stands out about this is whats most obvious. (see links) One of them, the center is blacked out, the matching photo is not. I wonder what they didnt want us to see, yet the other photo was there. While it might be nothing, the shape is still interesting. (I'm sure I'll get flamed just as I have been in the past but I've got my my kevlar helmet on, so fire away....)

Thank you for issuing it on this thred.
I have two things to say about:
the first one is that i came accross, in the past, to similar black squares, and after some checks i've found nothing:
but the second one is that some researchers consider the objects like the one almost shell shaped in the circle as actual shells

for instance, this one:

other examples here:
/2eno28

What is neglible in our opinion, could be much interesting in someone else's one:
i've sent the link to the pic you provideed to a friend o' mine, just to know his opinion.

[edit on 4/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite fossil on Mars picture...

Mars Rover

Do you have the number of the one you just posted with the shells?

Never Mind here it is NASA is the same in Italian

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 4-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The anomaly appears to me to be a big piece of industrial equiptment. It looks like a giant machine, possibly for mining, like John Lear has suggested the governemnt mines on the moons. I really believe that we have been to mars already and have mined it for ore samples. This picture kinda reaffirms that belief!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

thanks internos, for sending that on to your friend. Always looking forward to someone else's view....thats why were here.

I've seen the seashells, it would seem Mars is teaming ... was teaming with ocean life at one time. Do the rovers have 'arms' for scooping stuff? I wonder if they scoop anything besides soil?

anyways, I was pondering the 'lizard head', how bout the martian equivalent of a sea-horse?

anyways, just for the fun of it, i found the calcified martian bullfrog

ok, its a rock, but look at the eyes!

I couldn't let this go un-noticed.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You have to love skulls regardless of what planet they are from...
btw, using the Mars Rover site, how do you get a color pic vs. a black and white? Maybe I'm not looking at all the options?

[edit on 5-11-2007 by spikedmilk]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

thanks internos, for sending that on to your friend. Always looking forward to someone else's view....thats why were here.

Well his answer has been that it would be much better to watch at it by a lower angle (as the one of the last pic you posted, i mean). Anyway, this friend will join ATS soon, so we'll discuss with him about this kind of anomalies: this is the best we can do. He works with fossils, but he knows even a big number of kind of shells.

I've seen the seashells, it would seem Mars is teaming ... was teaming with ocean life at one time. Do the rovers have 'arms' for scooping stuff? I wonder if they scoop anything besides soil?

Zorgon is the first person able to answer to this question, because he knows very well what devices they have installed on the rovers, IMHO

anyways, I was pondering the 'lizard head', how bout the martian equivalent of a sea-horse?

anyways, just for the fun of it, i found the calcified martian bullfrog

ok, its a rock, but look at the eyes!

Well, this is very funny

i noticed it instantly and from the correct angle, this means that the shape is really close to your description (bullfrog)

And what about this "dog" i've found on Mars some times ago?
(This is just for fun, of course, good for a laugh!)

[edit on 5/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
dogs.
, Mars sure has the wildlife covered. Now... how about that intelligent life? well, still lookin anyways........

in the meantime, another beastie of some sort, maybe....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Do the rovers have 'arms' for scooping stuff? I wonder if they scoop anything besides soil?

Oh yes they carry a full lab... but that will be for a later thread...

They have the RAT as well (Rotary Abrasion Tool)..

Opportunity Rover Digs for Fossils Sol 30 to Sol 33
Some of the images containing the 'fossils' are listed below. Opportunity spent several days drilling in this area. Above I have highlighted several interesting areas as well as two drill marks.

1M130859833EFF0454P2959M2M1.JPG
1M131117213EFF0454P2953M2M1.JPG
1M131117272EFF0454P2953M2M1.JPG
1M131117332EFF0454P2953M2M1.JPG

NASA Opportunity Rover Sol 30 Microscopic Imager

NASA Opportunity Rover Sol 33 Microscopic Imager

One of the most famous anomalies talked about is the "Rotelli" fossil. It was found in these images and is one of the best case samples for life on Mars to date. It was called "rotelli" because of its shape, looking like rotelli pasta on Earth.

There are many other samples that we found in these images and a few are highlighted below... a "Rotelli" and a "Turritella"....

Then there is this one....

Close up....

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There is also this famous one... Hoagland claims NASA has deliberately destroyed these...

Here is the sample... highlighted

Here is the supposed 'damage' If you study this you will see the rock texture and crevices don't match and the holes are farther apart...

Being an avid fossil hunter myself I would not have a problem with NASA grinding them anyway and here is why...

If there is one fossil in a sea bed rock there will be many more... erosion on surface rocks would wipe them out eventually anyway, though fossils are pretty tough...

But grinding them... you could then study the powder for organic chemicals... errrr ummmm said to much already......

The funny thing about looking at NASA images though is you do find the odd stuff as well... I call it "troll food"

You can check out Pegasus "Fossil On Mars" pages

Page One

Page Two

Page Three

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You have to love skulls regardless of what planet they are from...
btw, using the Mars Rover site, how do you get a color pic vs. a black and white? Maybe I'm not looking at all the options?

The color versions are hidden at lyle.org...

DAGNABBIT I knew this would happen... Hey Mike... we need to find them again seems they shut them down at Lyle. I hope ArMaP managed to save some of them.

Happens everytime we post a link... I guess so many hits from ATS exposes the 'back door" This sucks those were all real color images too

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You guys just don't know how to look hard enough for anomalies. Check it out. Tail broke off, but what do you expect? I don't know where the other planes in the flight went. You find them.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
These objects are extremely interesting. IF NOT computerized graphic mischief?
I studied the surface of Mars many years prior to entering our National Space Program at Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center, Florida. (1958 to 1992)
In 1954, A Japanese Astronomer and I, observed, what appeared as an explosion on Mars. We both assumed that we observed the eruption of a volcano, or a hit by a large meteorite or possible small asteroid.
Mars in not far from the Asteroid Belt out towards Jupiter.
The Mars Orbiters are sending back excellent photos of that area we saw the "flash" occur! There are, what appear as, volcanic craters in that area.
We may have observed an eruption.
Clark

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSCVeteran
These objects are extremely interesting. IF NOT computerized graphic mischief?

Hi, Clark, and thank you for your post: these are the references of the pictures:
www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

I studied the surface of Mars many years prior to entering our National Space Program at Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center, Florida. (1958 to 1992)
In 1954, A Japanese Astronomer and I, observed, what appeared as an explosion on Mars. We both assumed that we observed the eruption of a volcano, or a hit by a large meteorite or possible small asteroid.
Mars in not far from the Asteroid Belt out towards Jupiter.
The Mars Orbiters are sending back excellent photos of that area we saw the "flash" occur! There are, what appear as, volcanic craters in that area.
We may have observed an eruption.
Clark
That's interesting of course: about the craters, i've noticed that sometimes the winds drops dark debris out of craters and on a white background: and this generates the "smoking effect". But sometimes you find something which cannot be explaned so:

Spirit :: Navigation Camera :: Sol 519
Left Navigation Camera Non-linearized Sub-frame EDR acquired on Sol 519 of Spirit's mission to Gusev Crater at approximately 12:49:51 Mars local solar time. NASA/JPL

Source:

Spirit :: Navigation Camera :: Sol 519
Left Navigation Camera Non-linearized Sub-frame EDR acquired on Sol 519 of Spirit's mission to Gusev Crater at approximately 12:50:27 Mars local solar time. NASA/JPL

Source:

Close-up:

Thank you again for your post.

[edit on 4/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Do you remember the "alleged" triangle on the far side of the moon?
Well, it's only me or do you too see what i see here?
I think to see a triangle here....

www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

Of couse, even a perfect triangle can be a geological formation, but this is at least odd, IMHO...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Where's Mr. John Lear when we need him??????????

We do?
Why? Don't you know already that our society is spending vast sums of money to pay for a massive, humongous coverup operation by NASA/govt? We are also paying off the Chinese, the Russians and some other nations so that keep silence of the many alien artifacts they find all over the place.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
We do?

John does not follow this thread, so there will be no point served here with your obviously bias rhetoric. I know it pains you greatly, but many here at ATS actually enjoy his posts and opinions

:shk:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It would seem no one has utilized Internos Anomaly page for some time now. Well then, let me take this oppurtunity to post something new for the thread.

From the MOC images, I've found something that looks like it could either be a face OR is it a landform so windblown that it looks like a face? Plus I think I've found what might've have been pyramids at one time. However if they were, they are covered by terrain now and/or degraded. Kinda hard to tell, but I've provided some pics to illustrate how I've come to those conclusions by way of fancy little lines

Face or Terrain?

Face with notes and comparison....

Pyramids?... brightness/tone adjustment on bottom with illustration...

The 'face' and the pyramids in the same shot, hopefully it will show......

www.msss.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Interesting this one: as you know, i dislike anomalies like "faces" and such stuff, but in this one i see clearly the shapes you pointed out.

This is a nice find, IMHO

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

As suggested by some other members, i've decided to open a thread about this find:
I don't know if these pics have already been posted here:

Sources:
anomaliasemmarte.no.sapo.pt...
www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

I'm not claiming that there are spaceships there, i'm just curious...

internos, yes I see what looks to be a shuttle looking craft or structure in the first photo. What really gets me excited is the city above where you outlined with a blue square the so called Shuttle. The city and detail of structures and statues are beyond comprehension and the photo is showing perfect detail of the statued Martonians, larger sized humanoids, on Mars and the totums plus headdresses are magnificent. Great find, Rik Riley

[edit on 13-2-2008 by rikriley]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join