It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many pyramids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
hello scott and welcome to ats.

i have just read your introduction thread and noticed it says "goes on to demonstrate how all 11 pyramids along with the Great Sphinx form a grand `Precession Wheel', indicating key dates from humankind's remote past"

as there are over 100 pyramids in egypt, could you please explain which eleven you are referring to and what of the other egyptian pyramids?

i love egypt and heave been there five times already. can't wait to go again some year.

enjoy your stay here

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i still to today dont know how thay are made lol pyrimids i cant believe egyptions done it or anyone human lol any of u?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

…as there are over 100 pyramids in egypt, could you please explain which eleven you are referring to and what of the other egyptian pyramids?

SC: Hello Justyc. Yes, there are over 100 pyramids in Egypt many of which are nothing more than rubble piles. The 11 I refer to are the 11 located on the Giza plateau, namely:

Khufu (+ 3 Queens and 1 cult), Khafre (+1 cult) and Menkaure (+3 Queens).

As for the other Egyptian pyramids - my work hypothesises that many of these pyramids were built as part of a learning curve with the ultimate (future) objective of building Giza. This ‘learning curve’ would typically start with a simple mastaba, progressing to a Step Pyramid and finally to a smooth-faced true pyramid. Sometimes they would get angles wrong and the structures would collapse – all part of the learning curve before implementing the ‘Giza Plan’. Once Giza had been completed, pyramid building continued but the structures were of inferior quality (as one might expect) and eventually pyramid-building came to a halt.

Regards,

SC

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

ahh, thanks for that information. im not sure whether 'learning curve' explains it though because why, having perfected their pyramid, do they not continue building them to the same specifications (but not necessarily the same scale)? if it worked, why the degeneration of building technique afterwards?

the bent pyramid may be explained by the wrong angle being used (but i always believed it to be deliberately made that way rather than an accident)

the red pyramid was also regarded as the first smooth-faced pyramid, not the 'final' great pyramid (which i prefer not to call khufus')

what do you think to the theory of the sphinx being much older than the pyramids (and how would it affect your theory if it turns out to be so)

please don't think that i'm knocking your theory at all (i only know what i have read today on this site about you and your book). im just turning what i know and think around with what i read.

thanks for your time

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

ahh, thanks for that information. im not sure whether 'learning curve' explains it though because why, having perfected their pyramid, do they not continue building them to the same specifications (but not necessarily the same scale)? if it worked, why the degeneration of building technique afterwards?

SC: The ancient ‘sacred plan’ that “fell from the heavens at Saqqara in the days of Imhotep” (Aldred, “The Egytians”, p.32) was the ultimate goal. Having completed this there would have been little desire or need to build further structures of perfection. Only the sacred Giza design HAD to be perfect. After Giza (the sacred plan) was completed there would have been little need for so many skilled stonemasons to be employed and this would have resulted, over time, in a loss of skill and this is reflected in the inferior craftsmanship of subsequent pyramid structures.

the bent pyramid may be explained by the wrong angle being used (but i always believed it to be deliberately made that way rather than an accident)

SC: The lower courses of the Bent Pyramid were simply too steep and the angle had to be lessened further up otherwise the structure would most likely have collapsed under its own weight. Again, this was something the AEs had to learn – as I have said, it was a learning curve.

the red pyramid was also regarded as the first smooth-faced pyramid, not the 'final' great pyramid (which i prefer not to call khufus')

SC: Yes, the Red Pyramid is regarded as the first “true pyramid”. And having reached this level of pyramid-building expertise, the AEs were sufficiently confident of tackling their sacred plan and initiated the building of Giza.

what do you think to the theory of the sphinx being much older than the pyramids (and how would it affect your theory if it turns out to be so)

SC: The question of the age of the Sphinx has been something of a hotly debated issue the last 10 years or so. Ultimately I do not think geology alone can settle this question and must attempt to do so only with corroborating archaeological evidence. Archaeologists have presented such corroboration by having recovered some 4th Dynasty artefacts (pottery etc) from the floor of the Sphinx enclosure when this was cleared of its sand in the early 1900s. This is held up as sufficient evidence for dating the Sphinx to the 4th Dynasty. This does not, of course, exclude the possibility that the Sphinx enclosure had not been cleared of sand numerous times in antiquity, with each clearance removing artefacts from earlier times. Bottom line here – it is not possible to date the age of the Sphinx by geological means alone and to do so with archaeological corroboration is fraught with problems.

please don't think that i'm knocking your theory at all (i only know what i have read today on this site about you and your book). im just turning what i know and think around with what i read.

SC: No problem. Glad to receive your questions.

SC

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
does it not seem a little odd that if the great pyramid was to be the final result, to serve as a warning to mankind in the future (if i understand you correctly) then why didn't they inscribe anything on the inside of it knowing it might be found if the pyramid was ever opened? surely a backup plan to explain more would be better in case mankind 'didn't get' the reason the pyramid was built?

how would you explain the lower room which appears unfinished if the pyramid was complete?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

does it not seem a little odd that if the great pyramid was to be the final result

SC: No – more accurately I theorise that the completion of ALL 11 Gizamids was the desired final result, not solely the completion of the Great Pyramid.

…to serve as a warning to mankind in the future (if i understand you correctly) then why didn't they inscribe anything on the inside of it knowing it might be found if the pyramid was ever opened?

SC: A couple of reasons why this would not have been desirable.

1) The information is being passed down in the arrangement of monuments that have been built so large that they would last for tens of thousands of years. As the old Arab proverb goes: “Man fears time but time fears the Pyramids”. If any significant inscriptions had been made INSIDE or OUTSIDE the pyramids at Giza these would only serve to take our eye off the ball. In other words, if there are no significant inscriptions, where else can we look for information? The obvious answer is in the arrangement of the structures themselves. And this is what I have done.

2) What language would such inscriptions use? We have only relatively recently been able to translate hieroglyphs and only thanks to having a head start with the discovery of the Rosetta Stone. The use of mathematics and astronomy, however, is a universal ‘language’ that transcends all cultures and civilisations, hence its use in the layout of the Giza groundplan. Certainly different cultures/civilisations will have different levels of understanding but abstract concepts such as Pi (the ratio of a circle’s diameter to its circumference) will always remain the same although its actual expression may differ. Abstract concepts such as Pi and the movement of the stars are not ethnocentric – they would be the same for all civilisations.

surely a backup plan to explain more would be better in case mankind 'didn't get' the reason the pyramid was built?

SC: The Giza Precession Wheel or ‘Doomsday Clock’ encodes its dates using two different means. By marking the maximum and minimum culmination of the Orion Belt stars with the relatively placement of the so-called ‘Queens Pyramids’ we are being given a visual clue to the ‘danger times’. This visual clue is not, however, as accurate as the second means which uses the azimuth of Menkaure which aligns with its celestial counterpart, the Orion Belt star Mintaka, c.10,550BC. Specific ‘date lines’ are also offered using the intersection of the Queens and Cult pyramids.

how would you explain the lower room which appears unfinished if the pyramid was complete?

SC: That there are chambers built into the pyramid structures is most likely a development of the cultural/religious ideas of the AEs who inherited the ancient design. This design was created to pass down knowledge of a ‘cataclysmic cycle’ that the Earth must pass through every 13,000 years or thereabouts. The purpose of the plan – the design – was to forewarn future civilisations of such a cycle thus ensuring the future ‘continuity of life’ after the next cataclysm – forewarned is forearmed. This “message”, however, was corrupted over the ages and by the time of the 4th Dynasty AEs it concerned itself with the continuity only of the Pharaoh’s soul in the Afterlife. Hence such chambers would have been built into the structure to accommodate such cultural/religious ideas of the time. I do theorise, however, that it is possible that such chambers may have been part of the original design as ‘seed vaults’. This may be why we find a reference in Genesis 41-41 to the ‘grain stores of Egypt’. Not so much grain stores as ‘seed vaults’.

Regards,

SC

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hey Scott, again welcome. I have a bunch of curiosities re ancient Egypt, but one of my biggest is the great pyramid.
Do you feel the "Kings" chamber", constructed from Granite, was in anyway designed to draw energy to charge Pharaohs and eventually the version in the Bible claimed to have been constructed under Moses (AHE --assuming he existed) ; known as the Ark of the Covenant?

Dallas

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

Do you feel the "Kings" chamber", constructed from Granite, was in anyway designed to draw energy to charge Pharaohs

SC: Hello Dallas. I am not entirely sure about this. As I said in my introduction to this Forum, I do not believe the prevailing model of the Gizamids offers the complete picture and that there is much much more to these structures than we presently understand. Science, for example, is still struggling to understand how it is that a pyramid form placed over organic matter prevents it from decaying. Certainly the organic matter will dehydrate over time but is somehow prevented from actual decay. I have read Christopher Dunn’s theory The Giza Power Plant which proposes that the GP was constructed for the purposes of ‘tapping into’ the Earth’s natural vibrational energy. How it would do this and the reasons for doing so (if indeed it does) is still pretty much a mystery. As I said in my post above, I think it is possible that the various chambers in the pyramids may have been designed for more practical purposes such as a ‘seed vault’.

One very odd feature of the Great Pyramid which has not yet been adequately explained are the so-called 'Relieving Chambers' above the King's Chamber. I believe there is a very specific (non-acoustic) purpose to this feature which I will be elaborating more on later in this Forum.

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hello Scott, again, Welcome to the establishment, I do have a question regarding when the French occupied Egypt and what I believe to have stripped of some outer bricks on the Pyramids of Gizeh in 1837, do you think maybe some of the history of the pyramids was removed say hieroglyphics perhaps written upon some of these bricks?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lepracornman

Hello Lepricornman,

“… do you think maybe some of the history of the pyramids was removed say hieroglyphics perhaps written upon some of these bricks?”

SC: That ALL the pyramids of Giza were encased in glittering white casing stones has never been proven. Certainly there is a remnant of such casing stones on the top courses of Khafre’s pyramid. If, as some historians (Herodotus, Abd el Latif) have claimed, that these casing stones were covered top to bottom in strange symbols, then we have to ask ourselves why we do not see these symbols on any of the remaining casing stones at the top of Khafre’s pyramid?

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Thank you Scott, for your kind reply.

I myself have noticed that there is a unequal amount of bricks on the top compared with the bottom which suggests layers have been torn, As you say that there have been turning points in which different methods for building pyramids, where would they have got the idea to use white glistering casing stones (If they were ever used)? What substance would these stones been made of? I just have never seen any suggestions of these stones being used on other pyramids.

Lepracornman.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

have to be brief as i have to go out.

true, there were many grain stores around egypt. alexandria used to be the 'head office' where the details of all grain stores around the country were kept - im sure that if the pyramids had ever been used as such then it would have been recorded somewhere. also, the shape of the unfinished room doesn't really look like a store room. there are a few remaining carvings and paintings that show egyptians storing grain. will post a pic later when i find one.

i skimmed through your pages on graham hancock's site (will study more in-depth later) but i thought you might be interested to know there was another start with a 47 degree connection to true north - thuban

have you ever enlarged that circle covering the 3 giza pyramids across the globe?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Hello Justyc,

...there was another star with a 47 degree connection to true north - thuban...have you ever enlarged that circle covering the 3 giza pyramids across the globe?

My own work presents an entirely different 'purpose' to this 47* angle formed by the Centroid Alignment Theory (CAT). I will be elaborating more on this once this Forum really gets underway. Suffice to say I believe this angle has been presented to us for a very significant reason. I am presently preparing a presentation of my work for the ATS community which I hope to post shortly.

No - haven't thought of enlarging the CAT circle across the globe.

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hey Scott welcome to ATS, i was just wondering if you had soem sort of diagram showing us this wheel that you speak of, i figured it would be easyer for us who are new to this wheel.

ProTo

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Hello Proto,

Hey Scott welcome to ATS, i was just wondering if you had soem sort of diagram showing us this wheel that you speak of, i figured it would be easyer for us who are new to this wheel.

SC: Yes, that would indeed be good and should go a long way to facilitating a better understanding of my work. I can tell you that I am at this very moment putting together a presentation of my work for the ATS community which I will be posting soon under a new thread entitled: GIZA: A NEW PERSPECTIVE.

Look out for it in the next day or so.

Best wishes,

Scott

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Howdy Scott

The ancient ‘sacred plan’ that “fell from the heavens at Saqqara in the days of Imhotep” (Aldred, “The Egytians”, p.32)

Why don't you put the full quote up so people can see what they were actually referring to ?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hello Hans,

Nice to see you back. Hope your trip went okay.

Hans: Why don't you put the full quote up so people can see what they were actually referring to?

SC: Certainly - with pleasure.

The temples of Philae, now rebuilt on the adjacent island of Agilkia, are first of a series of magnificent stone buildings that arose on ancient foundations at Kom Ombos, Edfu and Esna in Ptolemaic and Roman times as far as Dendera 115 miles to the north. These vast edifices in their huge proportios, their unstinted use of sandstone and granite, their elaborate floriated capitals, their astronomical ceilings, their scrupulous detail and technical triumphs, have a solemn grandeur. They were built according to an architectural plan which was supposed to have been revealed in a codex that fell from heaven at Saqqara in the days of Imhotep. The most complete of them is the temple of the falcon god Horus at Edfu, built between 237 and 57 BC, the most perfectly preserved monument of the ancient world. It's many inscriptions have bequeathed a wealth of information about the founding of such temples, their construction and use. the daily ritual, the festivals and their dates, the duties of various priests, even the dimentions of each chamber, it's name and purpose, besides myths of very ancient origin.

Aldred - 'The Egyptians', p. 31-32 (third edition, revised and updated by Aidan Dodson, 1998)

Hope this answers your question.

Best,

SC

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
100 pyramids in Egypt?

Ummm, I'm not sure about that.

Perhaps there are over 100 pyramids in Africa.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
no - there ARE over 100 pyramids in egypt, but as scott pointed out earlier, not all of them are in as good a condition or as well-known as the giza ones.

please see here here here

new topics

top topics

join