It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yenaldlooshi: Navajo Skinwalkers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Lol, well that's a long story. But basically I got sick of it....can't remember my reasons exactly. Anyway I recently started back up again under new guidance.

-Draco

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
couldn't help but reply i'm navajo so i know some on the skin walker.
but here some navajo facts, whistling at night is a bad omen because it attracts the skinwalkers. its their from of communication and if your animal's eye not glow at night when you shine a flashlight into their eyes thats another sign it might be a skin walker. hope you find this interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have encountered a skin walker and let me tell you they are some scary people. I didnt know to much about them when i moved from another state and on night i was watching tv facing away from the windows then all of a sudden i felt like my stomach explode i couldn't move i was frozen like but i was able to turn and when i turned to look at my sister in the kitchen i saw a grey figure a man staring at me with the most intense look but his eyes dark and also his mouth but his face was all grey it scared the crap out of me. So when i return to the reservation i always keep my guard up. Skinwalkers are no joke and everyone should be well aware of your surroundings when you eneter the reservation of any tribe.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
while I was at NCC Navajo Community Co. Things I never believed in before were revealed if I only opened my eyes. Just because it isn't the norm never rule it out. Lora

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just thought I'd post my comment. Skinwalkers are for real. I've been hit by a couple of them when I was little and still they are around. Just recently I saw a skinwalker near Low Mountian in AZ. It spooked me out but I thought to myself..."its their time to roam" and brought my daughter close to me and told her how to protect herself. So all of you even if you don't believe in them, just take care out there. They are everywhere.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by meld

u want to know about the skinwalker?i know alot about them!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As a Navajo, i had no idea that the Red Running Through Water clan was the father clan of the first skinwalker, i had never heard the creation of the skinwalker but i found it quite intersting. My clan is Red Running Though Water clan and find it quite weird. Because the Navajo are not as reverant as we used to be, we have put aside our praying in the morning and evenings, and a lot of things our ancestors did to be healthy and rid of bad spirits. I think that it is why people tend to rely on medicine men a lot. Although it is good to have medicine men, for those ailments that modern medicine cannot cure. My family and I had been "witched" a couple of times and my grandfather who is a medicine man had called a family meeting and we had a protection ceremony done, apparently whoever was witching us wanted to harm my brother and one child from each of my aunts and uncles. Sadly one of my maternal grandmother's horses had shielded itself to protect my family, and we are forever grateful to the horse for sacrificing its life to save us. So after the 4 hour ceremony, we were instructed to not do or think of doing any negative things for four days. Now there is less distortion in my family but there is only a matter of time before someone tries to strike our family again with such burdens.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
couldn't help but reply i'm navajo so i know some on the skin walker.
but here some navajo facts, whistling at night is a bad omen because it attracts the skinwalkers. its their from of communication and if your animal's eye not glow at night when you shine a flashlight into their eyes thats another sign it might be a skin walker. hope you find this interesting.

wow. i never heard of this before.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When a people will not willingly speak of something like this, it would behoove one to listen...

I don't know whether or not there's anything to this story/legend. Legends do have a basis in fact of some sort...

A friend of mine who has since passed on, he was in his late 70's when he told me this...and given my own experiences with the unknown, there's something to it. He told me, in all seriousness on his part, there are spirits that walk the earth in form of man, and are not to be trifled with for they are angry, and very dangerous.

Sasquatch, skinwalkers, and legendary creatures of this sort, have walked our legends since the dawn of mankind. We are right to fear them...not because they're evil, but because they're dangerous.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I am Navajo, 23 years old, lived on the reservation for about, 11 years, before moving into town about an hour and a half from where I call home. My family, mostly on my granfathers side are traditional, we attend NAC and every other ceremony. Talking and thinking about those creatures are bad indeed, non-natives are always curious about them, asking me what and who they are...I just give them this look of disbelief that thwy even knew about them.
My grandparents always told each and every one of their grandchildren that:
1. whistling at night would bring "those things" they would call them, to our house.
2. talking about them would cause harm.
3. and to not travel anywhere at night on the reservation, they roam the roads.
4. respect and stay away from abandoned hogans, they dwell and practce their arts there.

and that a medicine man who helps heal our people can also be bad. He can use what he has learned for horrible things. I was told that skinwalkers are derived from medicine man who turned evil.
Basically, I was taught to respect everything around me, my elders, nature (mother nature and father sky), and myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join