It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some new thinkers to the forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
www.wagingpeace.org...

Richard Falk gives the Iraq situation from a different anlge. He tackles the legalites of our war. He recently retired as Professor of International Law and Practice at Princeton University. There's a few links to other articles on the Web-page. check them out if you like.

there is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I liked this paragraph, "This turn toward international lawlessness in US foreign policy is particularly destructive of world order because the United States, as the world's most powerful state, sets the rules of the game followed by other states. It is hardly surprising, yet revealing, that the Indian Foreign Minister, Yashwant Sinha, has pointed out that India has "a much better case to go for preemptive action against Pakistan than the United States has in Iraq." Washington would lack all credibility if it objected to recourse to preemptive war by India against Pakistan. In this sense, the diplomatic costs of unilateralism could turn out to be immense."

If you play with the bull, you're gonna get the horn...play with the bull...ya get the horn...bull...horn...

sucks doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I hope the direction of pre-emption will be one the world will not follow. And of course one that we will not continue. It's still suprising the lack of opposition of the states. The policy hasn't gotten quite enough exposure yet.

btw, the last words of your post really are the root of this problem I think, the lack of it being applied that is.

join