It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather in Toronto - Oct 4, 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have 30 MB of a video/pictures of today's weather in Toronto, Canada. Can someone suggest how/where I can upload them to or email them to one of the mods here?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In short can you please explain at least what you see going on? Fall weather has hit here in California with a bang... seems like just 3 weeks ago it was 100F average everyday... then BOOM! Fall dropped on us like it was just "switched on"... the air is cold and crisp... no real transition period. At least it didnt feel like it and wasnt noticable....

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by quintar

yea just upload to Youtube or google video and then post it here.
I live in Burlington a block from the lake and it's been foggy all day with the sun trying to break through occasional. Nothing out of the norm for this time of year that I have noticed though.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
While we wait... out Scarborough way it is a real super pea-souper today/tonight. Snapped a couple of pics about two weeks ago... bizzaro rainbows at dusk with some "lens flares" so don't get all worked up... a couple of external links enjoy! rainbow1 and rainbow2.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I live nearby Toronto, I think I know the weather your talking about...

I know only crazy people look at the sky but, a few days ago the jets were out, with there 'contrails.'... I don't know if they were normal 'contrails' but, They created all the 'clouds' and totally manipulated the sky until there was a tiny patch of blue... A couple a jets flew by(coming towards each other) and it was gone in 10 minutes.

Coincidentally, the sky is always white or gray for a few days after... Today we had the weird, weird fog that makes you feel like your in a bubble and you cant see ten feet in front of you. I think it is all the chemicals coming down and at ground level it seems like 'fog' but, it doesn't feel like normal fog.

I was also noticing the sun looked like a white dot all day.... I look at the sky alot and it seemed almost like the 'chemical layer,' I call it, separated from what clouds were in the sky and came down to the ground at around 3.

Is this normal weather or manufactured?

EDIT: I'd be really interested to see the videos and pictures.

[edit on 10/4/2007 by Bumr055]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't be to concerned about the fog, it's coming from the lake as far as I know it's normal for this time of year. It happens more at night though, because of the drop in the air temp. So it seems odd or rare to see fog in the day, that should have burned off in the morning.

Then again we do have the chem trails that have been going on around southern Ontario for years.
So who knows

[edit on 4/10/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i got to say the weather here in south carolina has been on the fritz lately as well. it normaly doesnt get as cool as it has been til december.. odd really. but i must admit it is a welcomed change.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ya, it was pretty foggy this morning but it's fairly normal for this time of year. It did last for a while, though. It was coming back about an hour ago. I like fog

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's been foggy a lot. I don't remember it being this foggy this often considering that our precip has been half what it normally is.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Anyways, it was foggy downtown this morning, which the earlier pictures indicate. As the fog then moved North, you can barely make out the highway. After that it vanished, however, in the evening around 5:30 pm, you can see so much pollution in the air, and at the same time, I saw this plane leaving a long trail of something. I then saw another one above it.
Does anyone find anything weird in any of these occurrences? Is this all normal?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I've posted the video on YouTube. Here's the link:

www.youtube.com...

The pictures have been uploaded here:

www.uploadimages.com...-28880

EDIT - Corrected link.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by quintar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Some excellent fog pictures there quintar

Being in the weather industry i can say that this is completely normal and can give you some insight into the cause of theis fog

There are a few different typ of fogs and the one that you took pictures of is called a "radiation fog". These fogs are caused when solar radiation absorbed into the earths surface from the sun is released thus cooling the environment. Moist air near the surface quickly cools and condensation occurs and mixes with the cool air at the surface and creates fog. The best conditions for fog to occur are also in calm to light winds which facilitates the mixing of the air

It is not uncommon for some radiation fogs to last throughout the day as the fog radiates the suns heat keeping the surface cool and encouraging the fog to become deeper.

The pollution you saw was just smog, which is fog mixed with pollutants. The higher the pollution the better the fog as condensation nuclei cling to particles in the air

It is also is common for contrails to hang around. Here is Australia we start to report contrails as cirrus if they are still visible in the sky after half an hour

Hope this helps you a bit

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thank you very much OzWeatherman for your insight.

Today, Oct 5, is pretty much starting out the same way so far (it's 7:45 am right now).

These questions perhaps are way out there, but let's say this is man made, somehow. How would it be done to conceal the scent of fakery from people as yourself? What would be the motive? Who would have such capability?

EDIT - The reason I ask is to know when something is 'off'

[edit on 5-10-2007 by quintar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by quintar

Motives? To tell the truth i wouldnt know.

I dont know how it could be man made unless they have created some type of weather machine

I think fog would be a very difficult thing to create, well on such a large scale it would. I think the power/electricity required to manipulate the weather would be massive. Thats if someone was cooling the earth or a water body to encourage the mechanism that creates fog.

Unfortunantly if they were by some chance doing this we wouldnt really know how. All we can do is measure the temperature, wind etc, and if the conditions are right for fog then it would happen. Now if fog occured in conditons that werent right for formation of fog, then i would be a little bit suspect of that

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Of course the pollution that makes the fog worse is manmade - in effect, if you drive a car you;re partially responsible for what you're experiencing!

Of course, nothing like the infamous smog that afflicted London in the 50s - and killed hundreds of people. A good (bad) example of how humans can affect the weather .....

www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
nice pics!
It wasn't as foggy this morning, I didn't see very much at all. Yesterday there was a nice blanket, as seen in the pictures.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Living on the outskirts of toronto in a high rise (50 meters high) I get a first hand view on the brown line that umbrellas the horizon on a daily basis. The pollution in toronto and the GTA is awful and getting worse.

Not to mention Toronto Pearson Airport is busier than ever.

Cancer rates are at an accepted level of 1 in 4 people. Fight pollution then fight cancer.

Planes like the one in the video whose trails linger for longer than normal are propelled with harmful chemicals. The exhaust falls to the ground and contaminates everybody.

It angers me that people just dont care.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The higher the pollution the better the fog as condensation nuclei cling to particles in the air

So let me get this cleared up. Are you saying that increased pollution directly increases the fog? How about the frequency? Would increased pollution effect that in any way?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
So let me get this cleared up. Are you saying that increased pollution directly increases the fog? How about the frequency? Would increased pollution effect that in any way?

That's about the sum of it, yes. More pollution = worse fog. The fog itself does require the right weather conditions to form, so pollution alone won't necessarily increase its frequency. But it may mean the difference between a slight mist that'd hardly be noticed, and thicker fog causing potentially dangerous driving conditions and increased discomfort for people with respiratory problems.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have been noticing an odd trend in colds among the people I know. Literally 70% of them are sick with similar colds(I am getting the worst of it as I have Asthma). I am really starting to think of walking outside with a mask on despite the weird looks I'd get doing it. It won't be long before most of us have them on whenever this toxic fog grips us...

dangerous driving conditions

You haven't been to Toronto on a Clear Sunny Day, "dangerous driving conditions" indeed
If anything Fog tends to lower the fatalities on the road because that's when people start driving at sane speeds and are actually looking, signaling and turning for a change. I nominate my city for the most idiots on four wheels in the world, except when the weather is bad then they are smart. Sorry for the offtopic rant.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join