It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joined this forum to ask..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
what this symbol means. I listened to Psyclon Nine for a good while now, and my friend recently pointed out that their symbol had relations with Satan, and I was just wondering what their symbol meant. Don't even know if this should be in this section, sorry if it shouldn't. Thanks in advance though, any help is appreciated.

Or if yall know any symbols related to this, or anything, thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks like they made it up as their band logo, if I had to guess. Doesn't look satanic IMHO. Looks like a sort of modified biohazard sign.

Methinks your friend should maybe lay off the sauce.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I completely agree... it is a totally made up logo based on a biohazard sign.

Nothing more...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I totally agree with both responses, it's a modified biohazard symbol. Nothing satanic about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Alright, thanks a lot guys. Just making sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well this is what I got from my forums..

[QUOTE=VTi EG6;7346815]Kinda looks like a tribal goat head.

The horned goat, goat of mendes, Baphomet, god of the witches, the scapegoat. It's a Satanists way of mocking Jesus as the "Lamb" who died for our sins.[/QUOTE]

And another person agreed with him.

Can anyone make a connection or is his assumption totally false?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dario

i see some slight baphomet references

with the 2 eyes and long snout hanging low and 2 horns bending up and 2 ears bending downward, but could just be imaginationa and some fun with a bio sign

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me a quick info tour of this Baphomet other than what wikipedia can offer me? Or if the sign is related to something else?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

It is a picture of Jesus on the cross. His arms are stretched out and his head is looking straight down. The "9" is the top of his head. The circle in the background may be a slight reference to the Sun being on the cross, maybe not. Jesus's legs come down in the 'dagger' shaped bottom part, which may be a reference to the spear of destiny which killed Jesus.

This band could just as easily be named "God is dead." Or the "Christian age is over."

A quick wikipedia search reveals their song title "Hymn to the Angels' Descent" which is obviously a luciferian symbol of the fallen angels. Therefore I would say the the band's symbol incorporates the curved spikey parts as being the horns, ears and beard of the typical goats head pentagram picture, and the now famous baphomet picture.

Baphomet is atbash for Wisdom. He symbolizes duality... alot. Above:below, light:dark, etc. He even has female breasts. He has horns which are a symbol of devine kingship. If you stare at baphomets head for a few seconds focusing on the 3 spikes (2 horns and torch) then look at this, you'll see what I mean.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Looks like a trace with more slim lines of the baphomet symbol within a circle at first glance. I would say flip it over and see what it looks like so the 9 becomes a 6. Is the 9 symbolic of anything? I assume your talking about a band? If so is there 6 members?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It somewhat forms an outlining shape of an Ankh (An Egyptian cross symbolizing a mythical eternal life, rebirth, and the life-giving power of the sun.) * Egyptians practiced pagan beliefs which are continued today by secret societies such as: The Bilderburg Group, Bohemian Grove Members Club, The Committee of 300, Freemasons (MASONS; (Knights of The Golden Circle, Order of American Knights, Order of the Sons of Liberty); Scottish Rite Freemasons, York Rite Freemasons), Illuminati (Bavarian Illuminati), Rosicrution Order (Rose Cross/Rose Croix), and Skull and Bones (Brotherhood of Death).

The 4 curved "horns" could serve to make 3 6's and/or 9's in either direction.

They used a red colored "9" in the center, red is the color of Mars and more notably of "The Day Star" Venus a reference to Lucifer.

Within the circle it could look like a variation of a Freemason logo:

Then the circle itself:

CIRCLE (sacred hoop, ring): An ancient and universal symbol of unity, wholeness, infinity, the goddess, and female power. To earth-centered religions throughout history as well as to many contemporary pagans, it represents the feminine spirit or force, the cosmos or a spiritualized Mother Earth, and a sacred space. (See next item) Gnostic traditions linked the unbroken circle to the "world serpent" forming a circle as it eats its own tail.

CIRCLE with a DOT (BINDU) in the center: In the complex symbolic system of Hinduism and Buddhism, the bindu (dot) represents the male force. Together, the circle and the bindu symbolize the merging of male and female forces. * the red 9 could be the dot within the circle (even just the round portion of the 9).

CIRCLE (quartered): The sacred circle filled with a cross, four equal lines pointing from the center to the spirits of the north, east, south, and west - or to the basic element: earth, water, air (or wind), and fire.

It also somewhat looks like an outlining of a cows head:

COW: It symbolized the sky goddess Hathor to Egyptians, enlightenment to Buddhists, one of the highest and holiest stages of transmigration (reincarnation) to Hindus.

And finally it also appears as:

Baphomet

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RexxCrow
It somewhat forms an outlining shape of an Ankh (An Egyptian cross symbolizing a mythical eternal life

Why would eternal life be "mythical"?

Egyptians practiced pagan beliefs which are continued today by secret societies such as: The Bilderburg Group, Bohemian Grove Members Club, The Committee of 300, Freemasons (MASONS; (Knights of The Golden Circle, Order of American Knights, Order of the Sons of Liberty); Scottish Rite Freemasons, York Rite Freemasons), Illuminati (Bavarian Illuminati), Rosicrution Order (Rose Cross/Rose Croix), and Skull and Bones (Brotherhood of Death).

What do you mean by "practicing pagan beliefs"? Freemasonry, for example, practices a ceremony that is in some aspects similar to the pagan (i.e., pre-Christian) mysteries, but how does it practice "beliefs"?

And why did you include the Bilderbergs? They don't practicde any ceremonies at all, and don't discuss religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Mythical as in it is a myth is does not exist, existing merely of the imagination.

I believe that these sects setup "false flag operations" which serve their own countries people as a sacrifice to appease their many "gods", i.e. Waco, Oklahoma City Bombing, Pearl Harbor, 9/11, etc.

Freemasonry has ties directly to ancient Egyptian mysteries, Kabbalism, (Nimrod/Osiris, Isis, Ishtar, Shekinah.) From their initiation ceremony to the layout of their Tabernacles.

The Bilderberger's are actually comprised of members from various sects, though seem to be consist primarily of Illuminati relationships.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
...oh boy...here we go again...
Don't you guys ever let up?

The symbol, in my opinion, is made up. A cleverly created icon to create controversy for this band.
It obviously worked because, well, look at the discussion we're having.

I'm not sure if you people know this or not, but most bands have images that are cleverly crafted by publicists, image consultants and artists and are designed for this very reason.

Let it go people.
It's just a band.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
the rounded parts of it form three 6's

new topics

top topics

join