It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier warns "Investigate if I die" then is found dead.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Her area of accounting, and all the papers she had access to, or even might have seen should be descended on with a flurry of investigations.

My condolences and prayers go out to the family of this true American Patriot, her sacrifice should not, nor will not be in vain.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Who is to say she has not left details of what she found? too many people are assuming that the result of an investigation has already been decided (i am not saying it hasn't) maybe this is the time enough people stand up and say thats it no more, and as for the ammunition used that means nothing anymore, i have seen over the past few weeks on the homemade video sites like google, myspace, u tube ETC video of US soldiers in fire fights using AK47 assault rifles and it is more than just a single clip, you only have to search through the footage posted before you come across these clips, i would have thought that using these weapons is illegal especially when investigations into who killed who come into play, what she found could be anything from supplies being bought for enemy soldiers right down to theft on a huge scale, and as some suggested a link to drug production and dealing for black ops funding.

No matter what she discovered it is time to stop allowing people to be immune from prosecution and allowing others to cover up for those responcible, crimes like these should be deemed crimes against America and her people, people like her served her country and people like her are dying every day, its time for their country to serve them FIND THE TRUTH and put them on trial for TREASON.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There are many possibilities as to what she could have discovered. We really don't even have any information that warrants an attempt to classify what kind of information it would have been. True she was in finance, but do you think she never saw anything non-finance related?

There's a lot of stuff you can get into trouble over in the military.

Anything your fellow servicemembers might be doing wrong becomes a motive, whether its discrimination against gays or some other group, theft of government property, some illegal involvement with the locals, or even something as simple as dereliction of duty.

Anything wrong with your unit can become a motive if you've got a high-strung non-com and you're being a child about it. A readiness problem that she threatened to go to the media over, maybe her unit was particularly wasteful with equipment and/or funds, etc.

Then there's bigtime criminal behavior, and that could be anything from drugs to guns to running a black market for harmless luxuries, or any number of kinds of fraud, from keeping "phantoms" on the books to collect their pay to a commander selling promotions, etc etc etc.

And last but not least, there's stuff that aint wrong at all that makes people curious but sometimes should be left alone. Maybe there was someone in the unit who was up to something else- maybe CID, maybe a spook.

And that's by no means an exhaustive list.

So jumping to opium automatically is a bit much. Something is fishy. That's what we really know thus far.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadangel23
This is just another reason for everyone to grab a gun, march to the oval office and demand reform. Why we haven't done it yet, I don't know.
I know MY reasons are not good enough.

Some will say "Citizens can't fight the US military". Oh please...the citizens out number the military 10 to 1. If we did it, they would be helpless. But people are more comfortable with hearing about another suspicious death and watching MTV.

I have to ask if youthought about what you trying to say, or even read this drivel after you typed and before you posted?

To paraphrase your post...

Hey! Y'all grab your weapons, go to Washington and kill all the political morons! Me? I'll stand here and hold your jackets. Oh, and don't worry about a well trained army with Armor, fully automatic weapons , and other assorted advanced weaponry, because you outnumber them 10 to one

Good grief... There doesn't have to be a scurrilous secret agenda to overthrow, We The People. As Walt Kelley said, "We has met the enemy and he is us"!

I'll probably be given at aleast one warning for this, but someone has to say it... Some of you folks aren't really adding much to discussion, except for your post count. You want to make sense, sometimes you have to think beyond the end of your um... Nose.

I have gotten to the point to where I despair of the upcoming generations and the fate of our country. We don't really need to have any conspiracies behind the curtains to take us down... We're doing it to ourselves.

Yes, I suppose I could put you on my ignore list... Kind of lame way to excuse insipidity, but I don't see that accomplishing much. These types of posts, being excluded would only leave blank spots where, otherwise, there are blank spots.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Too bad she didn't just lay it all out over the phone or at least write it down and send it to someone with an "in case I die..." instruction on the cover.

Instead she ends up being "possibly assassinated", and like some cheap/cheesy spy thriller, no one knows why and may never know. There's a lot of money to be made in this war and if she was a part of monitoring finances then it could be something to do with some irregularities on the books. Could she then have stumbled across one of those billion dollar bid scams we keep paying for?

People have been whacked for less than five grand, so if what she knew could cost someone substantially more then yea...it wouldn't be a problem to hush her up.

I have one request though. Can the people that have the information the government is willing to kill for please may a copy and disseminate to family and friends or maybe the press before the secret agents come a-knockin'?

It's all I ask.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Vet here, too. I concur. What these (the Bushinistas) folks forget is all the cock strong young bucks they made into individual weapons systems they have turned out like old dogs they no longer wish to feed. I speak in particular of Special Forces types. How many thousands are there who are last on the list at the VA and are sick of it?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Events like this happen often when large sums of money are being exchanged/played with, as in the case with war.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadangel23
This is just another reason for everyone to grab a gun, march to the oval office and demand reform.

You scare me far more than Bush does. No reason to believe the Government is even involved in any way in this death and your answer is "grab a gun" and head for the White House. Sirhan Sirhan comes to mind.

There is no here, here. No facts or information whatsoever to draw a conclusion from. Single shot to the head could as easily be a suicide as anything else. Could be she was cheating with someone else's boyfriend or husband. Could be a murder by a local who worked on base. Could be???????????????

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Feeling secure in a base does not make you immune to everyday life. Can even get killed just staying home.

however, if the bullet wasnt from her own gun, it makes it a homicide.
if no enemy was in the base it makes it homicide commited by a 'friendly' force.

you might be ok with that but i am not.

also, amazing coincidence here:
pentagon got hit in the finance department.
financial investigation records were destroyed in the as of yet inexplcible wtc7 disaster, and a girl in finance killed by friendly forces inside a base.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
also, amazing coincidence here:
pentagon got hit in the finance department.
financial investigation records were destroyed in the as of yet inexplcible wtc7 disaster, and a girl in finance killed by friendly forces inside a base.

Finance department records destroyed because of what?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Could be she was cheating with someone else's boyfriend or husband.

No that s more or less ruled out since the papers state she was gay. 3rd from last paragraph

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 10/5/2007 by shots]

[edit on 10/5/2007 by shots]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd have to disagree with "no reason to suspect the government in this case"....

If it was suicide, that'd be an easy conclusion to draw, and that would be the report.

The "reason" for suspecting otherwise is (as usual) their own behavior, i.e. not releasing the details to the family...and a single gunshot to the head, in a secured area.

There is "reason" to suspect a possible assassination here, especially given the forewarning to her family.

Sad thing is, anything TO investigate has now had ample time to be covered up even further, with people reassigned, etc. The military of course, sensors all correspondence, so the things she said probably weren't the wisest way to go...while in a combat zone with military rule in place.

This situation really reeks, but I wouldn't expect any answers from an investigation...not unless she was able to actually send some info to someone who can use it.

Our cooperation with the Opium lords in Afghanistan? That's practically common knowledge... The way Halliburton is gouging the taxpayers? Again, common knowledge... So I wonder what she really found....

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
This is going to sound harsh,
but it's honest.

In a combat situation, you mess
with people, you get frag'ed.

There is no tolerance for "I know
this, I'll tell".

You do your job. Period.

She had an agenda, made it known
and paid the price.

Do I advocate this ?
Once, years ago, yes.
I'm no longer military.

Now, it seems tragic.

Oddly, I'm happy I can distance
myself.

Take what I say, as you will,
Lex

WHAT?
SERIOUSLY?
I'm sorry but if someone finds "something out" and has created enemies, it's generally because that person found out something ILLEGAL is going on. Shouldn't you report something illegal going on regardless of where you are? If you are a sane, responsible person, of course you should..

If the report is true and she died from a single shot to the head, it was an execution. Whomever did it, obviously killed her to hide something ILLEGAL going on so they should receive the same respect they paid her.

Now as to who did it? Well if she was involved in the financial aspect, I would imagine that a person or small group of people, diverted either materials or funds for the own private reasons. I'm guessing that since the family has hit a brick wall with the government, it may involve officers or private contractors at a higher level so until the government can absolutely bury that person or persons, they don't want to touch them.

I hope justice is served and not swept under the rug.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If it is true that she made the statement before returning there why didn't she leave some kind of proof??

All we have at this point in time is we said she said which might be the family trying to get their five minutes of fame and or hands way out for more money from the govnmenr by crying foul.

Should they investigate it?? Yes by all means yet I am willing to bet there is nothing to the families claim.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have a friend that is stationed at bagram. i left him an instant message about this situation. here is his reply:

"i cant talk about it via internet phone etc. becauase it would be an opsec violation but i know which thing u heard about and the media falsified that which they usually do with anything that goes on over here. "

i havent talked to him since.i dont know what to think of this. you guys are welcome to pick it apart

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

but it's honest.

this, I'll tell".

You do your job. Period.

and paid the price.

Do I advocate this ?
Once, years ago, yes.
I'm no longer military.

Now, it seems tragic.

myself.

Lex

By that logic, If I don't appreciate you putting jam on your toast, I take you out...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

but it's honest.

this, I'll tell".

You do your job. Period.

and paid the price.

Do I advocate this ?
Once, years ago, yes.
I'm no longer military.

Now, it seems tragic.

myself.

Lex

To Lex I just wanted to say I appreciate the level of honesty you displayed.

We can't all be good guys. You have expressed a mentality that allows for humans to treat others in such a cold manner. It does happen and can't be denied.

You also expressed that as a previous way of thinking in your life/career and for that I am grateful that you have changed and can "distance" yourself. Maybe some day you will even "feel" again.

On topic..................... I agree with the earlier post that said if this was an operation to take out a big mouth it would have happen more discreetly so as not to bring so much heat.

It would seem if anything a warning to other potential whistle blowers as to what happens. That is if it's a conspiracy.........

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well the thing that struck me was that she called her brother 30 min after leaving work and about 30 min from the time she was shot. She left him a birthday greeting and sung happy birthday. Not necessarily the last words of someone who is going to commit suicide or thought she was in imminent danger.

If she did think she was going to be killed soon or something bad was going to happen why didnt she call and leave a message telling all to her brother??

I think she knew something about the finance or someone and could have been blackmailing them thinking they wouldn't retaliate???

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm actually listening to a segment about it on NPR right now. They played the message she left for her brother. Not much other coverage other than the links posted.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by EricFM]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver

The military is also being stiff to the family denying autopsy results and denying a private autopsy.

Please tell me they can't really do this. Because if the military can refuse to allow the family of a soldier to have their own autopsy conducted then every soldier currently in the U.S. military needs to start walking home - no matter where they currently are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join