It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Gordon Ramsay is just too damn funny. I watched the last two episodes on Fox and was rolling. I'm surprised no one has knocked him out yet. I know he helps people with their restaurants but I don't think I could handle him in my face barking insults like that. Althoe they do deserve it LoL.

Episode 2 "There's bugs in this kitchen!" has to be the nastiest restaurants Ive ever seenKitchen Nightmares

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I love that show. If Gordon walked in off the street and went off the way he does, he'd probably get belted. But with Gordon, you know what you're getting, or should. By the time he's called in, things are already pretty far gone, and if there's any hope for a turnaround, a little tough love via Ramsay's Reality Check isn't a bad thing.

If I were a restaurant owner with Big Problems, I'd love to have him come in and straighten things out. You can't buy that kind of expertise on a failing restaurant's revenues.

And as a consumer, I love his "customer first" attitude. He's the kind of advocate restaurant goers should be thankful for.

But then, I also like Bob Knight.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah he is awesome at what he does. He kinda strips them down and then builds them back up. Its funny because most of the restaurants have the same problem. They always have too long of a menu.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Its funny because most of the restaurants have the same problem. They always have too long of a menu.

And lousy business sense, an out of control staff, no quality control, and all around sucky food.

Hence, "Nightmare".

You're right. The funny thing is that they all have the same basic problem set. And they're all resolved the same way - simplify, get back to the core mission, pay attention to detail, focus, and care.

Few people can see their own problems, or at least are able to acknowledge them. So an outsider comes in and rubs their collective nose in the obvious and voila - success.

Interesting.

top topics

join