It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy and Its Implications for a Money-Based Society

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDudeAbides

Originally posted by NRen2k5
And to TheDudeAbides:
Oil came mostly from algae and plankton. If you really were just kidding around, then I'm sorry to have spoilt it.

Doesn't look like we can be friends with you going around spoiling all my fun.

Then I’ll try not to from now on.
It’s just that after someone telling me he honestly thinks magnets are “powered” by dark energy, I can’t be too sure when anybody’s just kidding.

Oops almost forgot...Interesting article showing how much "prehistoric" material was required to produce that petrol well all love soooo much.

A staggering 98 tons of prehistoric, buried plant material – that's 196,000 pounds – is required to produce each gallon of gasoline we burn in our cars, SUVs, trucks and other vehicles, according to a study conducted at the University of Utah.

Now there’s a fun bit of trivia!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
Thanks for the links.

That vid was very good

I am glad the vid points out the politics behind this. Most with a braincell know the politics, but it bears repeating IMO, because some people just don't get it.

Have you ever read Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age?

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Terran Blue]

Please forgive the delay. I don't get email notifications of responses and though I have looked for how to set that up, I have been unsuccessful in doing so.

To the point that I had forgotten that I had already posted the link to my story and reposted it!

Sorry, I have not read that, but will keep my eye out for it. [smile]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
The elite who control these black op technologies will gladly watch the world destroy itself fighting over oil. They will never give it up. And when the last drop of oil is burned, they want to switch us over to biofuels or hyrdrogen or anything else that will still require a trip to a fuel station for our cars and a power line connected to our house.

Its about control. These men have all the money they can possibly ever need. Hell, most of them have the power to print their own money via their control of central banks. These people simply are power-hungry control freaks. And like other despots in the past, they think their blood is better than ours. They think they are smarter and know better than we do.

They are the ultimate evil.

I cannot agree more! They laugh at us peons, no doubt much amused at our struggles. I would see the Universe shift.

Thanks for your comments. [smile]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Free energy-what a crock. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

(Obligatory "free energy suppression" comment goes below)

LOL! You, sir, lack information about how our holographic Universe is. It comes faster than you imagine. [smile]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NRen2k5
You knew I'd have to post here.

Saying that giving Joe Average the ability to generate his own power will render the current energy economy obsolete is like saying giving him the ability to grow vegetables in his back yard will render the grocery store obsolete.

As with anything else, there will be the people who can't do it and there will be people who choose not to. And just as your backyard garden won't feed your family 100% the year round, your domestic power won't meet all your needs.

Just as the grocery store stays in business, so will the utility companies.

You're not going to stick it to the man that way, though you will make your life a little easier.

Free energy in the home is already a reality. Has been for years. Solar panels, anybody?

True Free Energy has no limit. No slowdown on cloudy days, and it does not run out. If we all had enough energy not only to use ourselves but to freely give to others...do you really think the utilities would stay in business? The petro-oil companies? Really?

Perhaps you should read the story I wrote.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
I suggest a reading of Adam Smith would be good.

Markets work quite well setting supply and demand. If oil goes away so do jobs and certain countries (mid east, et. al.) as they have no backup economy. The devices will still need to be built, transported, sold and maintained - just like solar today, and those things have a cost just as the oil does. A nifty fact that people overlook - the US exports more in technology dollars than they spend on energy imports. Find the gov trade data sites and check it out for yourself....

Oh, the Fed is owned by the regional fed's and member banks and by proxy anyone that owns the stocks of those banks - i.e. ME. You could too - just by some stock and join the program. There's no nobility in being poor, just make some bank and enjoy life - it's actually quite fun....

Hmmmm.... Did you read my story?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I know some really tough guys that will protect you, so don't worry about CIA assassins and I also know some people who actually do invest millions in projects and I can make some calls.

I not some teenage punk running his mouth, like many that troll these forums.

Really? Then listen... The Inventor in the vid link I posted could really use assistance. He would love to produce a number of his inventions which would meet your standards, but, like me, he is completely broke. U2U me?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
free energy is scientific folly. there isn't a way to achieve it, we can get damn cheap energy, but it'll never be free

Dark Energy... It would seem it is not "scientific folly." What makes you so sure it cannot be accessed? What makes it not free?

Did you read my story?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
*Shameless Bump *

I was hoping to get more input on my post here. It's been quite a while and perhaps some more recently joined ATSers might want to discuss this.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just don't think you will ever get rid of money. Money is not the actual problem, it is just used to ease exchange.

The problem with money is in the way it is used and handled currently. Fractional banking and the practice of lending the money created is the problem. It is basically legalized counterfeiting on a massive and global scale. It is from that counterfeiting that the wealth and resources of the public is sucked upon. Where as the common man must work hours a week for a small portion, the counterfeiters are allowed to "create" that same amount of work with the flip of a switch.

Even worse, the interest money itself is never created, which guarentees people will always be in debt. Thus we are living under a debt based society, and a man in debt is nothing but a slave. It is that debt based currency system which is the problem. When they create new money, it devalues the peoples money directly, and then it is loaned out with interest and isn't even actually ours to begin with.

Shouldn't it atleast be that the money that is created is done without it being a loan? You still devalue the peoples money, but atleast it's not a loan and starting out with a debt. The government could simply create the money, loan free, and use that money for whatever they do. This is not the ultimate answer and has problems in itself, but why isn't this in itself atleast done? Why in the world do we need to let someone loan us money who's value comes from us in the first place? This would atleast get us off the debt based system.

Problem is of course that now those in the government will just keep on creating the money and giving it away to their friends and corporations. As they do now already, but 1 of the middle men has been cut out. So this means that congress itself will still be able to steal from the people. Need a solution for that.

And that solution is you only issue the currency in direct porpotion to the amount of trade being done. This means that as the markets increase and gain more products and business being done, more money is created to meet the demand. In this way, you have neither inflation or deflation of the currency. And the prices of goods will remain stable, outside any supply and demand change within those goods. The money created as the business grows is created debt free, and is what is used to pay for government buildings and so forth. Overall, government spending will no doubt be much much less and much more limited in function.

The federal reserve says it does this, and keeps prices "stable". Of course all you have to do is look at the prices from 1960 to prices of today and see that is a load of bull.

The people will have no income tax to pay at all, as their is no interest or debt to pay off. The only legal taxes are those of corporations on their profits. This means if a corporation creates a product for 20 cents, labor and costs included, and then sells it for $1, then 80 cents of that $1 is taxable. Basically, this means the stockholders are the ones who are taxed. If the company increases the price as a way of passing the costs to the consumer, then the amount of taxes the corporation pays also increases. As it is figured up as profit. This is what pays for defense and common legitimate functions.

This was called colonial scripts at one time, and is what really lead to the revolutionary war. The colonies thrived under the system as they were debt and mostly tax free. During the war the founding fathers learned the lesson of hyperinflation, and so in the constitution it was tied to gold and silver to keep them from inflating.

Free energy would be a blessing to the people, and it would certainly help in many areas. But I don't see how it will ever reduce the need for money or a currency. Money is a built in function of supply and demand, and as long as supply or demand exist, then there will be a need for money. It is more honest to trade 5 cows for 20 goats against a debt based system today, but the basic function of value will always be there as long as supply and demand exists.

Still going to have products, labor and all those things. Those are demands. So even with free energy there will be a value on other things. You are going to need an honest currency system at some point.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
I just don't think you will ever get rid of money. Money is not the actual problem, it is just used to ease exchange.

I disagree. Consider, when you boil it down, money is a representation of energy. Whether it's the energy of the sweat of the brow or the energy to pump hydrocarbons out of the earth, money represents that energy.

With free energy, however... There will be no need to represent it. And currently, money is absolutely the problem. Through it they keep us as slaves to our debt and our lifestyle. They control us and steal from us. Especially through fiat money.

And there is SOOO much evil done in this world for the love of money. It IS the root of all evil, this love of money.

The problem with money is in the way it is used and handled currently. Fractional banking and the practice of lending the money created is the problem. It is basically legalized counterfeiting on a massive and global scale. It is from that counterfeiting that the wealth and resources of the public is sucked upon. Where as the common man must work hours a week for a small portion, the counterfeiters are allowed to "create" that same amount of work with the flip of a switch.

I agree that this is a poor setup, but no matter what monetary setup you choose, we will still be enslaved to our jobs, and evil things will be done for the love of it.

Give us free energy and we will no longer be enslaved.

Even worse, the interest money itself is never created, which guarentees people will always be in debt. Thus we are living under a debt based society, and a man in debt is nothing but a slave. It is that debt based currency system which is the problem. When they create new money, it devalues the peoples money directly, and then it is loaned out with interest and isn't even actually ours to begin with.

Same as above. Yes, the interest demands on the fiat money fractional banking is a bad choice of setups, and again, any other setup will not remove the evil done for the love of money.

Shouldn't it atleast be that the money that is created is done without it being a loan? You still devalue the peoples money, but atleast it's not a loan and starting out with a debt. The government could simply create the money, loan free, and use that money for whatever they do. This is not the ultimate answer and has problems in itself, but why isn't this in itself atleast done? Why in the world do we need to let someone loan us money who's value comes from us in the first place? This would atleast get us off the debt based system.

Sure this would stabilize the money system, prolonging a state of slavehood over survival when the fiat/fractional Ponzi scheme collapses...

Problem is of course that now those in the government will just keep on creating the money and giving it away to their friends and corporations. As they do now already, but 1 of the middle men has been cut out. So this means that congress itself will still be able to steal from the people. Need a solution for that.

As long as we let Them decide how we distribute resources (true wealth) by deciding how their money will be set up, we can expect to take whatever They dish out to us.

But we have a choice. And that choice will exist as long as a free, unfettered intweb exists. The path is what I outlined in my book.

It's FREE and linked in my sig.

Free energy would be a blessing to the people, and it would certainly help in many areas. But I don't see how it will ever reduce the need for money or a currency. Money is a built in function of supply and demand, and as long as supply or demand exist, then there will be a need for money. It is more honest to trade 5 cows for 20 goats against a debt based system today, but the basic function of value will always be there as long as supply and demand exists.

What if EVERYTHING is abundant? More, so much more than most dream of today. What would you need money for?

Before you say that's not possible, read my book...

Still going to have products, labor and all those things. Those are demands. So even with free energy there will be a value on other things. You are going to need an honest currency system at some point.

Labor can now be done by our computers and robots. We have reached that stage in our technology where every job no one wants to do (or too few do) can be mechanized, leaving us free.

Read my book,,,?

[edit on 5/28/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Yes, money is a transfer of energy. Your flaw is that you seem to think all energy is the same. It's not. Power/electricty and so forth is just 1 form of energy. The energy people put out in their labor and efforts is not the same kind of energy. As such, free energy is not equipped to take the place of money.

The only way to get rid of money is to get rid of supply and demand. If you have unlimited supply of all things, then there is no need for money. Free energy would help a ton, but it just doesn't do the job completely.

Is free energy going to build your house? Come pick up your trash? Cook you dinner at a restaurant? Create movies and video games? Is it going to create your cell phone, your PC? Is it going to do the maintence on this website? Moderate it? Will it come and mow your grass? And so on.

I'm all for free energy and finding out about it. The benefits of such technology would be huge. It's just not going to take the place of money is all. Have to keep your goals realistic.

As far as robots and such doing our labor for us. I think you heavily over estimate their ability. Again another thing which can and will do many wonderful things. But you are going to need people who advance the technology and so forth etc.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by Amaterasu

Yes, money is a transfer of energy. Your flaw is that you seem to think all energy is the same. It's not. Power/electricty and so forth is just 1 form of energy. The energy people put out in their labor and efforts is not the same kind of energy. As such, free energy is not equipped to take the place of money.

With our level of technology, it is.

The only way to get rid of money is to get rid of supply and demand. If you have unlimited supply of all things, then there is no need for money. Free energy would help a ton, but it just doesn't do the job completely.

Certainly it does. It would strip costs for all goods, being as the main cost in production is the cost of energy.

Is free energy going to build your house? Come pick up your trash? Cook you dinner at a restaurant? Create movies and video games? Is it going to create your cell phone, your PC? Is it going to do the maintence on this website? Moderate it? Will it come and mow your grass? And so on.

If there is no one who WANTS to build houses, they can be built by robot... Robots can pick up trash. Many people love to cook, but robots can cook, too.... A HUGE number of people are in their bliss creating movies and video games. We would not have a lack of these in abundance. Robots can make cell phones and PCs. Plenty of people LOVE to maintain websites, moderate websites, and so on. It is their bliss. I don't think we need robots in this field. Robots can mow grass. And so on.

As far as robots and such doing our labor for us. I think you heavily over estimate their ability. Again another thing which can and will do many wonderful things. But you are going to need people who advance the technology and so forth etc.

There are people whose bliss is building robots and creating technologies. As for overestimating things, I see pieces that would fit together beautifully, IF they were brought together. But they come from many and varied places.

I'm guessing that I am closer to the actuality than you credit me for.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not Just Free Energy that can Destroy Capitalist System when it goes Mainstream, Perhaps all the Alternative Theories can do the same thing with Free energy when it meets capitalism

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join