It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the government build under your property

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I live close to Nellis AFB. I hear all kinds of rumors that they are expanding it underground. Can they build tunnels or bunkers under my house? How far into the ground do you own your property? All the way to the center of the Earth, or is there like a 500 ft property line under your house?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It depends on if you own the mineral rights for your property. Some states, that have oil, gas, and metal deposits, have mineral rights attached to the property. The mineral rights may or may not be sold when the property is sold.
Mineral rights start where the surface starts.

This is what you should investigate for your property.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes better check the deed to your property,for any conveyances,might not contain mineral rights

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
From what I have seen the mineral rights only state you can not dig under your property for the purpouse of mining, finding oil, etc... You technically own your property but not any natural resources under your property. Just wondering how far down I own my property? Some countries say you own as far down as the center of the Earth, I can't find any U.S. or Nevada laws on this. I have no clue of they are building underground, but if they are I would prefer not to have a nuclear warhead hidden underneath my pool.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by CTS32]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you're really worried about it, you should build some type of framework structure under your entire property, that way, you'll have a nice fall out shelter, and if they do start to build under your house you could sue them for millions if they damaged your underground assets.

Or they might not notice it and you'll have a secret viewpoint at which to spy and the subterrianian alien interrogations and experimentation room!!

It's win/win.

Build it.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
uk.answers.yahoo.com...
www.answerbag.com...

I found some links that may help you or at least lead you into another direction that will answer your question. I think if you live in a developing area/a growing city that you dont own all the way down. The city owns it so they can plan for future infrastructure. I hope you find the answer your looking for. Im not sure who you would call in your city/state to find out if where you live has some sort of laws that deal with this issue, but maybe someone esle would know who to contact.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Laws in Nevada are easy to find in any search engine. Unless specifically provisioned in the deed, you have no rights to any resources, including water, sand or gravel, not to mention gold, silver or oil. I believe anyone has the ability to purchase rights within 50 feet of the surface, even under your house, but don't have the time to look it up at the moment.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thank you for looking for me. It's not a huge concern of mine, but just something that made me think.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So have you found anything on this yet? It's an interesting question.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If I were you I'm not sure that I would worry about the government building under my house. More than likely won't happen anyway.

new topics

top topics

join