It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just 1 more day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok, this thread will be short lived, but I'm taking bets:

What's going to happen with Opportunity on the 24th (25th GMT)?

I think it's going to land and have a merry time looking at things on Mars.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
21 views, and no one has a prediction?! Freeow!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Around half of all Mars missions have failed. It's starting to look bad for Spirit, but I'm gonna say that the Opportunity will "have a merry old time" as well. Until the same software problem happens to it.

BTW, any clue where this one's going to land?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Opposite side of mars, I'm not sure of the exact location, but the way they land it, like throwing a tennis ball at the earth from space and waiting to see where it goes, I don't think NASA knows exactly where it's going to land, either.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
let's just say, we're gonna see pictures from mars again.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think it will land, and complete its mission successfully, but not without its setbacks. This morning, NASA officials reported that the Spirit had stopped transmitting photos, and instead was sending back 'crys of help' because something was wrong with its internal parts. They lost contact for a few hours this morning, regained contact, and are, at the moment, trying to fix it. They think it might be a glitch in the software, or a mechanical failure. Since the Oppurotunity and Spirit are twin rovers, they might be built the same, and it might happen again. Lets hope not.

I think it will complete its mission, but contact WILL be lost once or twice.

-wD

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Everything should go according to plan. NASA will get it there, and the bone heads that screwed up the HUBBLE will have their day again with it. That or the little green dudes on Phobos will Nuke it. In other words, 850 million down the tubes. Or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I predict a few days of delays and many sleeping hours of waiting to hear something, we will finally get a few signals - sent back at a snails pace, then things will go down for the count and we will lose all contact and tons of money.

Then Dubya will want to spend even more money and attempt to "explore" the angry red with humans, just too bad he want be the first to go.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Opportunity will land and its first pix will be of greys playing football with the Spirit rover. NASA will then pull the plug and call it another failed mission.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oppurtunity will almost immediately send back the best photos of Mars to date.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Opportunity will land and its first pix will be of greys playing football with the Spirit rover. NASA will then pull the plug and call it another failed mission.

Are they using "BEAGLE" as the ball??????????

new topics

top topics

join