It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Déja vu - result of a parallel universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ex source from another thread;

In Everett's "many worlds" universe, every time a new physical possibility is explored, the universe splits. Given a number of possible alternative outcomes, each one is played out - in its own universe.

So, this would mean, for every decision you make, every decision somebody else makes that affects you, another universe get created, which is focused on you.

Now, concerning the large number of possible universes in which you live your life, you can have done "odd" things that you yet have not in the universe where you exist and are aware of.

Lets say you for some reason are talking with a homeless man about flying yellow pigs, and get a deja vu, you think "this has happened before, but that aint possible, why would i be talking with a homeless person about flying yellow pigs TWICE?"

But, if the amount of parallel universes is infinite, the chance this has happened in another one gets bigger for every universe there is.

So, is it possible we somehow have an unconscious contact with these parallel universes, but it only actually gets "real" when we experience the same thing twice, yet we explain a déja vu as something else because the thought of multiple universes is so mind blowing we simply cant use it as an explanation?

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery

[edit on 4-10-2007 by darksky]

[edit on 4-10-2007 by darksky]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Someone REPLIES FINALLY!!!! I think that's a very good theory, prolly the best one there is. If the universe is infinite, the amount of universes are infinite, and time and space and every parameter that makes it up are all infinite as well. How can you have something with limits existing in an infinite world? It's not possible, because it's infinitesmally small, as well... which is quite a paradox, but if you can go into an object with boundaries infinitely, then how can you say it has boundaries? The only boundaries being drawn are the ones that make up our conscious illusion.

Anyway, back to deja vu..... if time and space and the amount of universes is infinite, then who's to say there's not an infinite amount of possible realities for each probability?

I've come to this conclusion because I know everything in the universe is infinite, in one form or another..... so the possibilities are endless.

Somebody had this quote by piccasso as their signature..... I believe he stated "Everything you can imagine is real."

Deja Vu is kind of a reversal of you imagining, I think..... it's what you thought about doing AND also what you didn't think about doing (but actually, you really did... somewhere in the infinite probabilitiy that is your separate universes) all coming back to you as a faint non-local memory.

I can't wrap my head around that still... but I've done a lot of meditating, a little dose of acid, and a lotta talking with some of my buddies who were fortunate enough to get to college, and we all concluded the same thing. It's all an infinite unity of one, and your deja vu is just stumbling upon one of those other very very very similar probabilities, and you think you are predicting the future or something..... but that's why nobody can accurately predict the future. It's all just probabilities, and what seers see is a probability very very close to the one currently in play. It seems that it's all like stumbling upon a very similar line of code than the one currently in process. Like the Matrix says, it's a glitch in the system, kinda.

Hey, if you don't like it, blame yourself. It's your system. I don't wanna blame anyone, though. It's too interesting to get mad at it.

Deja vu is a decent mystery, but the real mytery is if deja vu is a glitch in the system..... what IS the system, and what is the purpose of it?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
maybe when you die in a dream you die in that parallel universe.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The 'World Lines' theory is only thought as possible because of how Sub-atomic particles interact with eachother...

However the brain operates at a molecular level... not sub-atomic.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i think that would be retty cool if it were like that. i have deja vu all the time and everytime it happens it amazes me. i wish we could actually see instead of having random visions though.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Neurology also offers another diferent explanation for the Dejá-vu subject:

We can have amnésia...and we can have something called as "Paramnésia!
(I hope it is spelled right...).
In normal amnesia we can loose memory for many time(just summaryng).
In Paramnesia we loose the memory for less then a second, so when memory in fact returns to normal we have that hard felling of Dejá-vu.

Small exemple:

I am in my restroom seeing TV; Paramnesia happens for 1/4 Second; when my memory cames back to normal, i will have the weird sensation that i was in that room before seeing exactly that show in the TV, at the same our.
Not to hard to understend

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darksky

My strictly personal opinion - well, not really an "opinion", more of a hunch, an intuition based on my own time-related experiences - is that, for some reason, at certain moments one's mind comes to a sort of "standstill" - not really a definition, more of a description of my feeling - and peeps out and over the "surface" of Time (imagine a diver - or a whale
- coming to the surface of the sea for a moment).

Time, of course, is not exactly - or even approximately - what we perceive it to be, which is why at those moments one is able to simultaneously live AND recall the same moment.

That is not to say that I don't believe in the possibility - or even a probability - of "parallel worlds". Quite the opposite, actually. But that's a different story.
And I think Everett's words are often misinterpreted. (Which is also a different story, so let's leave it at that for the moment.)

I do not, however, put much faith in allegedly "scientific" - medical - explanations of deja vu as being a sort of malfunction of the brain/mind.
I mean, the phenomenon is so widespread - and has been, probably from time immemorial (which is why I posted Rossetti's delightful "Sudden Light" poem in another related thread last night) - that, based on analogies with other medical "conditions", there would have to exist a very specific cause and trigger for such a "malfunction" to occur.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I like this particular theory. I'd like to think I'm doing something worthwhile in a different dimension or something, or that when I'm blue on Planet Earth, I'm happy as hell in the Eight Dimension or whatever.

Can't wait to see what the future holds. Exciting time to be alive.

Paging Dr. Hasslein . . .

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

You've taken all the fun out of life with this explanation.

Pass the Prozac.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nah. Here's my excellent explanation of deja vu.

You know that thing that happens just as you're facing death when your whole life flashes in front of your eyes? Well, what if when you really, really die, the same thing happens, except that you live every little detail of your life over, minute to minute, in real time? That means your consciousness keeps going around and around in an apparently infinite time loop, reliving the same life over and over again at the moment of your death.

Then deja vu is what happens when through some quirk of quantum mechanics you retain some tiny bit of memory from one loop to the next. You're "remembering" the future, because you've lived it before, who knows how many times.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Boy, you are depressing the hell out of me. I can't face my childhood again!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
deja vu is so wierd,i tend to have deja vu moments alots like once for a week i had i every day sometimes twice a day i really dont kno what it is .I would be just about to do something then i start to look around the room seeing every1 or everything doing exactly what i expect them to do then i would be like why is this happening again? it already happened in the exact same way, what is the purpose, but, i might have a theory.parallel worlds, our bodies are made up of all kinds of energy especially wierd ones i believe sumtimes our bodies astro project into other worlds similar to ours, even just in a moment then when this similar moment happens in our world, time comes togther for this short moment causing our memory to now meet with our experience in the other world and it seems like we already went through it, fact is we might have but in a different world

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darksky

Hi! I've been thinking about this recently as i too get these deja-vu moments...... the last one was around 4 weeks ago.... at first i never really thought they could be anything but past experiences of being in that place at that time but after this experience i got to thinking that for me it's actually the future that i've seen..... do you understand? The experience before that was just over 4 months ago when i was in Las Vegas, now i know i've never been to Las Vegas before so it must have been the future i saw...... some people experience deja-vu from the past while others experience deja-vu in the future......

Complicated but that's what i think i'm experiencing...

Was going to put my own thread up about this but you beat me to it..... S&F coz this is interesting topic

[edit on 11-8-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Maybe it wasn't so interesting after all.........

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You are all wrong déjà vu is when the MATRIX changes something.

All kidding aside, I don’t think one answer can explain it, déjà vu is experienced in different ways. It can be a moment, it can be a whole day, or at least in my experiences these are the ranges I have noticed.

Although the repeating the same life over after death is interesting, because it would mean that anyone who experiences déjà vu has experienced their own death at least once. Could you be put under hypnosis to find out the rest of you life including your death then, much like people claim to do with past lives? We can all repeat the fraise “Dead man walking” and it would be true. Good though Nohup, very interesting.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would hate to think that there's another universe as crappy as this one

But on a serious note it may be just a trick of the mind. Your perception of your position in time is just the result of your own brain. It would not surprise me if this can waver slightly from time to time.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

I don't believe that..... i've had many deja-vu experiences and i'm sure each one has been my future not my past.... sort of hard for someone to believe if they have not experienced this...... for example the last time i had one i was in a pub, one which i know i've never been in before because it was situated at a place i've never been in before, everything just stopped for like 30 seconds or so.... only one person remained in the time and that was exactly how it was in my dreamstate or whatever it was.... everyone else was blanked out or were not there for those 30 seconds.....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Interesting. though im not sure i understand how that works exactly.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

AWAKENING TO PARALLEL LIVES AND ALTERNATE REALITIES
Creation, ah creation; quite a phenomenon; is it not? Many believe creation began with “The Big Bang.” The “Big Bang” gives a definition of the energy that brought about the physical manifestation of Creation, of which took place as the Cosmos came into being. Have you ever thought that maybe every frequency or level of energy on any plane of existence, is a never ending experiment that has and will continue to change, and that that never ceases?
Every level of energy is Creation manifesting whether that be in a form or non- form. Think about this: There are many frequencies and realms of existence that are still dormant, unconscious and asleep, in that they do not yet know that they are a living aspect of the Universal Life Source or even that they are life itself.

lightworkers.org...

Seriously mind bending stuff!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
S&F!

Great theory

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join