It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in this video ? (old clip, mods can lock or trash)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have been looking for some video on the Iowa/Minnesota fireball meteor and stumbled upon this clip which was posted 04OCT 07.

Anyone recognize this?

edit: identified as old clip

[edit on 2007/10/4 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
THIS VIDEO IS WILD! IS THAT A METEOR OR A SPACESHIP CRASHING?!?! ANY MORE INFO ABOUT THIS ANYWHERE?!?! // / /

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't know, it looks like old tv footage,

I am sure the experts here will recognize this,

I don't follow the UFO deal like lot of the members

I just thought it was interesting but I think someone here has probably seen this before.

Looks cool though.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I saw this video about five years ago so its not new at all. No clue what it is, it has always looked some what odd to me though. I dont know of any rocket/missile that could take a impact, bounce, then impact again and disintergrate. It does look like a missile to me, but still very odd.

[edit on 4/10/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
missile test gone awry

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yes it's been posted many a time.

I'm still not sure what it is, but debunkers explain that it is a missile test of some sort, just that the missile is very hard to make out. The glowing portion is said to be the exaust from the missile. Seems very plausable, I'm not totally convinced though.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As I recall this is the video of a missile test gone array in the White Sands testing range in New Mexico. This video is at least 10 years old.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kyyuulle

A clinicaly succinct answer, if ever I saw one. And, agreed it could well be, and if it has actually been explained as such, could you provide a link?
But, whilst you hunt one out, as a point of interest, do long, tubular missiles (that are presumably designed to disintegrate) continue to fly in the same trajectory once they've bounced, at great speed, from good ol' terra firma? That's one super tough missile!
I can understand that the casing for balistic missiles needs to be hard, in case of accidental and uncontrolled realease. But saying that, would a tube, moving at great speed after glancing the earth, not start to tumble? Even a teeny bit?
That video showed no sign of tumbling.

Could someone who understands the principles of impact mechanics explain it to me? I am more than ready to learn something I don't know.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ahh the old missle test video..

Been at least 2 weeks since this ones been posted.

new topics

top topics

join