It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hole in Ozone Layer Shrinks 30 Percent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Hole in Ozone Layer Shrinks 30 Percent

news.yahoo.com

The gaping hole in Earth's ozone layer has shrunk 30 percent in size compared to last year, according to new measurements made by the European Space Agency's Envisat satellite.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It looks like the hole in th ozone layer is not as big of a problem as previously thought. This article explains that the size of the hole is generally determined by the location of it, which is why it seemingly healed itself over the past year.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I not sure about it not being a problem still. It does seem to go through seasonal cycles though ad the sun hits the area then doesn't. I would still go about eliminating as many CFC products as possible. It's the developing world that will be the problem as the ozone issue goes on.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Or maybe they were lying in the first place.

MUST SEE re: global warming
video.google.co.uk...

And...ERRR...WTF
video.google.co.uk...

Or how about
video.google.co.uk...

These issues are all over the net, and it seems there may well be a connection to planet x or the HAARP program.

Are we being prepared for something?

Or is it a conspiracy?

Sorry to those that are aware of this.....I`m certain this has been discussed before somewhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I have not posted in a while but i do know a little about this subject.

In the stratosphere there is a equilibrium between chemical reactions that create ozone and those that destroy it. Ozone is ceated fasted at tropical latitudes , because there is more sunlight to split 02 molecules into single oxygen atoms. These atoms can combine with other 02 molecules to for 03 (ozone). The 03 travels towards the poles from the tropics on high altitude winds, These winds move slowly and can take 5 months to reach the poles.
03 depletion is carried out by contaminants like chlorine and is a lot faster then it can be replaced which in turn creates the whole. so in theory it changes size all the time but I cant see it changinging by 30% every year. Maybe the winds were a lot faster this past year?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
CFCs, the ultimate ozone killing machine, takes about 15 years to get up the the ozone layer, and they will hang around up there for about 100 years, maybe a bit longer.
Their CO2eq is 8100, which means that releasing one kilogram of chlorofluorocarbons is the same as dumping over 8 tonnes of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

The worst is yet to come. And aren't I looking forward to it, living in the southern part of Australia.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The hole does shrink, that's a fact, but what they don't tell you is that when it does shrink, the layer becomes thinner to fill in the gap.

Even if the hole were to be completely fixed, the layer would have thinned out and offered a significantly less amount of protection.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
With all respect to those that claim to have any knowledge of global warming but, I think you are making a big mistake.
Like you, I too could be making a big mistake by not buying into this scam.

Everything is debatable and we cannot prove anything.

Even so called experts disagree, and it seems to me more likely that those who are funded agree and those that are not funded disagree......odd that.

As someone clever once said.....See the truth, follow the money!!!!

Think about it.....are you making money or being billed?

Now, I ask you....Should there be profits at all....aren’t we supposedly all in this together?

Please see links to my previous post…….as this will support my belief and show some possible reasons why there are irregular weather patterns…...all just as credible as the “blind you with science” explanations with things that only major countries can test, and even then the answers are usually theory.

Lastly, I do not claim to be a Physicist and even if I was, I would be at the mercy of the rubbish I was forced to learn to pass my brain wash….err ….I mean test.

Sorry about that last statement, it’s not fair to say that. So let me add, I have a real respect for science and all who are gifted enough to understand it.

P.S.
Ok, I`ve just read this back and cannot believe how cynical I`m becoming…… I just don`t see things simply any more after I saw 9/11.
Sometimes I wonder, am I going mad…or is the world?............Or am I being paranoid?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
it shrinks it grows it shrinks again...so what? it has been happening since the beginning of time. it is the planet's sphincter and every now and then it has to fart.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Have a few questions, Why is the hole directly over Antarctica, nearly the same size as it, and in the same section of the planet the so called niburu, is supposed to be coming from?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

Why not tell it how it is

top topics

join