It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lincoln County Witch."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hey Janasstar,
That station BBN, I mentioned, has many stations in Texas(isn't that where you live?)
Here's a list...TX Lufkin Satellator 88.5 FM
TX Palestine KYFP 89.1 FM
TX Paris Satellator 91.3 FM
TX San Antonio KYFS 90.9 FM
I work second-shift at a car parts factory and I'm a little groggy tonight

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar

Thank you for your jokes shearder. You might need to throw a few more.
'

not a problem, as long as you are prepared LOL
Tell you what, how about rubber boots and a thong? yeahhhhhh

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I believe I had gotten as far as telling you that Inez had hired a black woman to ride the roads with her. She certainly was not the maid! But we all liked her. Let's call her, Fanny. I don't think she liked Inez very much. She was always shaking her head at her as if to say, "I don't know about you!" But she needed the $20.00 bucks a week it paid for her family.
We loved it when she had an extra minute to sit and braid our hair. It felt like a maternal thing. I think she felt sorry for us.
Had we been older we would have been wiser to the signs of what was really going on at that house. The wide array of drunks that were hanging there, I don't think it was all about Inez's moonshine that she made runs out of the NC mountains with. There were all kinds of single girls there at different times. Some known to be unwed mothers a time or two. That was a no-no, back then! That was almost as bad a shame as murder! If you had sex without benefit of marriage, you sure didn't let it be known! I think I also would have seen something wrong with the visits she made over to Cleveland County to see a certain doctor. And I can state his name, because this issue later became a matter of public record in the papers. The Shelby Daily Star. His name was James Collins, MD.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Laura and I went on more than a few trips with Inez to see him.(Dr. Collins). When I think back, that old witch never went anywhere by herself. Any thoughts on that audience? I have a few. She messed over a lot of people. The end result of the visits with the doc, if I understand it correctly; was that they had concocted a baby selling ring. That seemed to tie in with the woman that kept calling Inez, and Inez would make Laura answer the phone. Seems they sold the woman a baby and didn't deliver, because the natural mother backed out. Dr. Collins was an obstetrician and a gynecologist if I recall correctly. And Inez seemed to know a stream of unwed mothers, so you put the two together and what do you get? Bingo!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

When I think back, that old witch never went anywhere by herself. Any thoughts on that audience?

My intial thoughts are power or authority, maybe also lacked some type of independance, sorry i cant recall, but was the witch ever married?

S

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

And Inez seemed to know a stream of unwed mothers, so you put the two together and what do you get? Bingo!

Actually very frightening to say the least - i don't want to think of what she did with babies she bought. The world needs to be rid of those sorts of people!!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Much as I hate to disappoint you all, Inez and the good doctor were found, 'not guilty.' And the charges were dropped. Everytime that old witch rubbed that thing in her bosom, things went her way. That was her account, anyway. Laura and I were awakened the night before her trial to some eerie sights and sounds.
Her son, demon seed was staying overnight at a friend's so, she told us to stay at her place and sleep in his room. It gave me the creeps, even when he wasn't in it. I felt evil lurking in the corners.
Laura and I had barely dozed off when we awoke to a strange noise. Laura grabbed my shirt and dragged me off the bed, so that we could look out the window.
We could hear strange chanting. There was an old rusty trash barrel that had flames shooting out of it! And to our absolute amazement, there was Inez dancing around that barrel of flames!
If it wasn't such a frightening scene, I would have felt embarassed for her. She looked ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666

When I think back, that old witch never went anywhere by herself. Any thoughts on that audience?

My intial thoughts are power or authority, maybe also lacked some type of independance, sorry i cant recall, but was the witch ever married?

S

It's probably hard to recall the beginning of the story at this point, but yes, she was. But her husband was as non-descript as her daughters. He worked all week. then came home and drank himself into a stupor all weekend.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

And Inez seemed to know a stream of unwed mothers, so you put the two together and what do you get? Bingo!

Actually very frightening to say the least - i don't want to think of what she did with babies she bought. The world needs to be rid of those sorts of people!!

She sold them to women
who couldn't have children.
at least until the one case
backfired.
On second thought, tthat may have been where the good dr came in. he would know sterile women, right?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I want to hurry and finish this also, so I'll jump ahead a few years. We had made a few moves away from the log house, but somehow, we never left inez behind. She kept bringing my mom some kind of pills to help her lose weight. I didn't understand a lot of things then, but in later years, i think I did come to understand that she had my mom hooked on those pills. My mom was ignorant about things like that. And she was very vain about her nice figure and Elizabeth Taylor Good Looks. Men once swooned at my mom's feet.
There came a time when mom came home in the middle of the night and announced that she was married and that we were moving to Georgia! Well that didn't last long. She couldn't stay away from Inez. She stayed married, but she was mean to my step-dad. He endured a lot from her. He loved her. We all did.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You are a fabulous writer, you could easily sell your stories to a book publisher, and you would be well to do. Your real life experiences are just as interesting as Harry Potter, and Roots. You would be foolish to go over the air by radio without publishing your books first though. It is absolutely terrible that all of you kids had to go through hell in order to let others know of it.

Your story breaks a persons heart, and makes a person wish they could have been there for all of you kids when you were younger, so that things wouldn't have gone down like they did for all of you kids.

If I would have known you were out there like that, I would have come and gotten all of you kids, and brought you back to be with me, where you would have been loved and treated with respect.

If I would have caught someone doing stuff like that to any of you kids, I would have made sure that they would never be able to do it again, or to tell anyone of their deeds; no matter what had to be done.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
We began to suffer badly in our schoolwork because of her late-night tirades at Hugh. I felt sorry for him.
In my haste I skipped over something; this was before we left(residence of) Lincoln County for good. One day when Laura was off somewhere with Inez's daughter, Inez pulled up in front of the log cabin with no one in the car with her except T (have to mention her here). She asked if I would like to ride to Charlotte with her. I think I was about 11 or 12 by then. I told her, "No Thank you." very politely. I just didn't feel comfortable around her, especially without Laura. But she didn't give up. She began telling me about this man that she was going to see. She told me that he wanted to give me a horse. I might have been dumber than stump water, but I wasn't that dumb! So I asked why he would want to give me a horse. She explained that since he moved to Charlotte, that he had nowhere to keep it, and she had told him all about me and how much I loved horses, and that I had always dreamed of owning one. That worked for me!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

It is people like you
who make life
bearable, thank you for caring!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Forgive me folks, I won't be able to write about this, quite like I had planned.
I'll just state facts and leave it at that. Hurts too bad. Man was black witch doctor. no horse. don't care. had nervous break down. don't remember everything that happened in there. have flashbacks. T was crying. don't know what they did to her.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You know you are a strong person to be able to make it this far. That takes a whole lot of inner strength and the fact that you've made it this far shows that you have that. You are stronger than you realize.... please continue with the story if you can. We would all love to hear how this story ends.

By The Way, having a strong will like that and a strong heart will protect you from people like Inez and forces like those that were influencing things. Just as there are people like her there are also opposite types of people that dabble in the same things and would like to see people like Inez and demonseed get the bad karma they deserve. Whether they have passed on or not by now.... things can always get worse for their eternal soul. I hope they do in fact. Still I believe you and I feel bad that you had to go through all of that. It is sad that people like Inez and demonseed still walk this earth. They'll get theirs though ( a million fold ) No matter how bad their luck became there are entities in hell that will devour their eternal souls and they will pay for what they did.

I know I probably sounds like I'm wishing ill will on Inez and demonseed ( and I am ) but I just want it to be known that what goes around comes around so no matter how powerful of a witch she was / is she cannot run from what she did. Her karma will get her and her son.

Please if possible try not to let this stuff feed upon your emotions, because there were most likely evil influences behind Inez and demonseed and even though they are not in the picture now, evil is always lurking somewhere.

The best thing you can do is be strong, and pray, know that you have tons of people on your side and we are all praying for your protection and strength and praying for good will, and prosperity to enter your life.

Continue the story if you can. I certainly believe in you.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I have enjoyed reading this immensely. I understand that a lot of personal things are very hard to write or talk about, but I understand if you feel the need to stop here (that's the drift I get from your last post, anyway). I have my fair share of stories, but I could never see fit to put them on paper or print. I hope you haven't / don't have any additional relapses from telling your story (which I can only say HAS to be real because you're WAY too (is the term "human" correct in this situation, I don't know of a better word off the tip of my tongue) for it not to be). I hope life finds you well, and maybe after an emotional purge you can sleep today. Thank you.

PS: I won't nag for the last bit of the story, but if you are feeling better later, I'd like to hear the end of it. If not, that's fine too. Endeavor On. (yes, that has 2 meanings based on how you pronounce it...
)

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread. I first I was skeptic, but I must say you have me believing your story. Nothing personal at being skeptic, I just am very cautious about who I believe on these forums.

Stuff like this does interest me most because a lot of people downplay the "witch" aspect that does exist out there. It's interesting to read about it from someone who dealt with it first hand. You also amaze me that you are as sane as you are today after dealing with all that. Many
to you my friend.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by poltergeist

Thank you, I appreciate that, I know that I need to continue. This is causing me actual chest pains. I promised T when I stood over her grave, that I would tell the world what they did to her. I know that I need to. It's just causing me a lot of emotional upset.
I don't think I've suffered this much since we lost her. It's like re-living it all over again.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Okay, I promised, so I will go ahead. Give me a sec to
go back and
see where I left off.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Wow, five pages of story and assorted posts.

How many more until the Inez's ''witchness'' comes out? All I see now is a horrible person.

Waiting with baited breath.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join