It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lincoln County Witch."

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

a "fathead"?? thats all it took?? dang, they don't play around here do they?
how long do you have to wear the scarlett letter? ad what happens if you sli and call someone else a fathead?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Okay, here goes.

here is a link to one of the genealogy sites posted by a jcatward. she turned out to be a distant cousin in Ga, on my dad's side, I think. I have had e-mail contact with her since I have begun researching some of my dad's ancestry. I was looking for my NA ancestry ties.
wc.rootsweb.com...:3119125&id=I635464354

[edit on 10/8/2007 by janasstar]

Also, don't know if you will need my username and password to login but if you do. I'll be happy to give it to you.

mod edit, personal information removed per member request

[edit on 9-10-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze

a "fathead"?? thats all it took?? dang, they don't play around here do they?
how long do you have to wear the scarlett letter? ad what happens if you sli and call someone else a fathead?

Seems I have to wear it 72 hours,
but i deserved it. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me. They weren't just attacking me, but my brother as well. And I was terribly worried about him at the time. I guess when we know ourselves and the ppl involved, it's harder to see it from other's viewpoints. But I shouldn't have done that, irregardless.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

i know what you mean, when i get angry i have to take a deep breath and count down from ten, meanwhile i get all red and sweaty, especially my thighs.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

This is Mom and Tampa, when Tampa was 2.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

if this image downloaded it is My mom (Helen Hoyle) in her hospital room in Charlotte, NC a few months before she passed.
Edit to add:
I obviously don't know how to do this properly. But if you could have seen the pic, you would have seen her name under it. Sorry, unless someone wants to tell me how to do this.

actually, d'loaded might not be the right word. I clicked the, 'insert image' block above text section; I copied and pasted the url from my documents and settings/my pictures folder because the pic itself would not copy and paste here. Any suggestions???

[edit on 9-10-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I hope an impression is a good thing. You seem much calmer and collected when replying to me than I thought. I wasnt trying to come off as rude although after re-reading my post i thought I might have done so unintentionally.

Life is brutal for alot of people. I feel that I live so that I may guard others from the pain I have felt and bring a horrible fate to those whom deserve it. Although that's just the way I choose to deal with things, perhaps because of the way I was brought up. If you cry when you're hit you will be hit again because men dont cry, dont complain, mind your manners. Failure is and never will be an option in my house hold. Unfortunately these tragic events shape our lives, some for the better some for the worse.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze

i know what you mean, when i get angry i have to take a deep breath and count down from ten, meanwhile i get all red and sweaty, especially my thighs.

I know what you mean my FRIEND, otherwise you
may get a dark heart, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is an excerpt taken from e-mail correspondence between myself and jcatward.

"B. WATSON" wrote: Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:10:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Nancy
To: *******************>

where did you here the story of the beautiful girl on the reservation and what were you told? I heard that from different relatives all my life. How my grandad got off the ship and saw my g-mom on the reservation and married her on the spot. Considering his family came to this country abt 1660 he must have been on the river. can help me with? I started this research in 1990 the only way to prove anything is through research Jonnie

Hey, Well according to the 1930 census your Nancy was 35 in 1930 which would make better sense. The Nancy in 1920 withh Thomas is the same age as your Nancy. It says that she's 20 but she was born in 1895. I know that we were both told the same story about the beautiful girl on the Indian reservation but I have never been able to find a reservation in central or sourthern Georgia. There was a holding station in northwest Ga during the trail of tears but that was in 1838-1850? My Edges came to Laurens Co. Ga from SC 1850-1860. If you know of any please let me know because it would probably help a lot. I live in Middle Ga and most of my Edges were here at one time.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Couldn't paste the one of mom, let's try 'Laura's. or Lorna's as you now know her. If you scroll back a few posts, you will see Mom and Tampa.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTDarkWoe
Oh yeah! That's what I'm doing...because I have nothing better to do with my life but pick on little girls who HAVE NO LIFE. I gave you my opinion. You will not sway me. Having been educated on stories like this in my belief system, I can honestly say this sounds like an afterschool special. Ooooooh Spoooky! And how convenient this story comes from you right in the "scariest" month of the year. Give me a break. Please, go get educated, and bring your argument back when you can talk like a civilized person.

CTDarkWoe,

If you don't think the story is true, then why do you feel the need to post anything at all in this thread? close your IE window and go look at something else.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

Oh yeah! That's what I'm doing...because I have nothing better to do with my life but pick on little girls who HAVE NO LIFE. I gave you my opinion. You will not sway me. Having been educated on stories like this in my belief system, I can honestly say this sounds like an afterschool special. Ooooooh Spoooky! And how convenient this story comes from you right in the "scariest" month of the year. Give me a break. Please, go get educated, and bring your argument back when you can talk like a civilized person.

CTDarkWoe,

If you don't think the story is true, then why do you feel the need to post anything at all in this thread? close your IE window and go look at something else.

Forums dont work that way, its free speech as much as I care or dont care how people respond to things you have to let them have an opinion its the only thing no one can take away from you.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenpachi

KP,
from what i heard on talk radio today, it's about to happen. they want to ban talk radio, the dems.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm not really trying to debate one way or the other whether your story is true or not, I've read a large part of it, I started from pg 1 and there was already 18 pages to wade through, so I may have missed some parts.

But your first few posts said you grew up on land owned by your grandpa since he built the log cabin you lived in, then your father built a house on the same property, so if your grandfather owned it, how could your father have sold it to anyone? This is from the very first page, your second post

In my last thread, I mentioned that I was the ninth child born into a family of ten. We were very poor. We lived in a hand-made log cabin, constructed by my maternal grandfather. Without it, we would have been homeless. My grandpa lived on the property, but not in the same house.

And this is also from the first page your fifth post

Anyway, preceding my dad's departure, he had been building a house for us on the lower part of grandpa's property.

How could this woman have gotten the property? Even if your mother might have been stupid enough to believe her husband sold the property, your grandfather knew full well he owned the property the house was built on and therefore your father could not have legally sold anything.

From your writings he does not sound like a stupid man, I don't understand how this woman gained access and ownership to a home that was built on your grandfather's property. When your grandfather died who got his property and did it not include the land and the house your father built?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

And this is also from the first page your fifth post

Anyway, preceding my dad's departure, he had been building a house for us on the lower part of grandpa's property.

How could this woman have gotten the property? Even if your mother might have been stupid enough to believe her husband sold the property, your grandfather knew full well he owned the property the house was built on and therefore your father could not have legally sold anything.

From your writings he does not sound like a stupid man, I don't understand how this woman gained access and ownership to a home that was built on your grandfather's property. When your grandfather died who got his property and did it not include the land and the house your father built?

I see that I left something out. No, my grandpa was not a stupid man. Maybe in some ways, when it came to my mom he was. Either that or just hoped that Dad really would straighten up, build the house, and get us off his property. Because neither was my dad a stupid man. The only reason that I know this, is that it has been talked about in front of me. G'pa deeded that section of property over to dad before dad ever started building. Dad wasn't about to build a house on property that did not belong to him.

I see that you didn't finish the story or that you missed something. When g'pa died. The property was already put in his son Theron's name. Theron did not want the property. Mom had re-married and was living in Shelby, so she didn't need the propert any more, so uncle Theron sold it to a Stamey family. This same family also bought Inez's place.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Maybe I need to make a few things a little clearer. It seems that mom told us in later years (when we felt hard at her brother Theron for selling g'pa's property), that the reason he put the property in Theron's name was because he (g'pa) had married a very greedy unsavory woman after mom's mother died. After that, he was afraid to have anything in his name for fear she would find out about it and take half. The agreement was that Theron would keep up the taxes on the property, and allow g'pa to live out his days there, and let mom live there as long as she had minor children, and needed to be there. Then upon g'pa's death Theron would inherit.
I can't say this for sure, but I don't think he trusted some of my mom's decisions, to make that agreement with her. And I know for sure that he didn't trust my dad. There was no love lost between those two.

[edit on 10/9/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi Janastar,

I was curious as to when you think your up to continuing your interesting story?

I understand you have been dealing with distractions (skeptics), but in reality makes your strory credible (as the proof is evident), I still see no reason for someone like yourself to make something like this up, I think this only makes you all the more stronger

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
Hi Janastar,

I was curious as to when you think your up to continuing your interesting story?

I understand you have been dealing with distractions (skeptics), but in reality makes your strory credible (as the proof is evident), I still see no reason for someone like yourself to make something like this up, I think this only makes you all the more stronger

I don't know what else I could write about at this point.
I don't care to continue with this story. It turned out to be harder than I thought. Too bad I don't have the imagination for fiction, then I wouldn't mind ppl calling me a liar or doubting me. I could just laugh it off.
All I am doing at this point is offering whatever proof I can, or answering questions. But if I ever decide to submit another true story. It won't be here. Or, it won't be this subject matter. But thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
Hi Janastar,

I don't know what else I could write about at this point.
I don't care to continue with this story. It turned out to be harder than I thought. Too bad I don't have the imagination for fiction, then I wouldn't mind ppl calling me a liar or doubting me. I could just laugh it off.
All I am doing at this point is offering whatever proof I can, or answering questions. But if I ever decide to submit another true story. It won't be here. Or, it won't be this subject matter. But thank you.

I would probably take seentoomuch's advice and write about some of the more carefree and comical things in my life. Bet I wouldn't have to prove those. Funny thing is, Evil exists all around us in the world, but I guess that we are not to speak of it.

[edit on 10/9/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think you need to understand that here everything is questioned. It is true that it is a conspiracy website, but no one automatically believes anything here.

We are used to dealing with conspiracies and though many think conspiracy theorists just jump to conclusions and believe what they want that is definitely not true here. To prove the way something happened if you don't believe the official story, one has to disprove all other possibilites. If you look at the 911 conspiracy threads here you will see that every statement or theory made must be backed up with documentation and facts.

So when you leave out something due to memory or just forget to add it, we are going to ask about it, that is just our nature. We are suspicious to a point about everything, that is why when we are told something and parts don't make sense we investigate and ask questions.

I don't recall anyone calling you an outright liar just questioning some of the facts and I can see nothing wrong with that. BTW if your father owned that property and sold it for 60.00, robbing his family of their home, then he was a very stupid man.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by goose]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenpachi

Originally posted by porky1981

CTDarkWoe,

Forums dont work that way, its free speech as much as I care or dont care how people respond to things you have to let them have an opinion its the only thing no one can take away from you.

At the risk of putting myself under vicious attack again, I just can't help but notice that when I am under attack and I am being accused of everything from a liar to a thief; that seems to be okay. But the minute that I couldn' take anymore, all of a sudden, I don't have free speech and I, I am slapped with a warn stick. Not saying I didn't deserve it. I did. But what about some of the other obtrocious behavior here. Where are they told to toe the line. Especially that guy in particular. He went on for several posts. Was he evr caled down. Was he asked to be respectful and show courtesy?
I was pretty much promised that if I ever told my story here, that I would be shown respect, and that I would not be disrespected and jeered at. But I see that only befalls CERTAIN ppl.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join