It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lincoln County Witch."

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi JStar! i just have a few things to say. First of all thank you for sharing, your past journey seems tumultuous. I hope that you have found peace in your life, though it seems that not far back you said that you may be sinking into a bit of depression. All I have to say about this is, forgiveness helps. Truly, forgive yourself, I know I always felt so guilty, and forgive the people who have violated you and your siblings. Remember they are sick sick perveted people.
Then I would have to agree with others about your tatics to writing, if you do not want to be intrupted by comments, try to post larger segments. This should decrease the number of comments between the breaks in your stories. It might help you feel better venting as you wouldn't have to go back and answer questions and rehash so many memories.
I never used to believe that I was ever worth anything, but I truly believe keep a postive mind and good things will happen...
Miss Terious

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've got a short one for you, that comes to mind.
My grandpa took sick, and became what he called, "bedfast." He stayed in his bed for several weeks and wouldn't come out, It was very unlike him. He was always active and doing something around the property. We rarely saw him sit. He was so sick, that he moved into the house with us.
During this time, my mom bought a pet nanny goat for my brother Kenny. For the first few days, he loved that goat like, 'nobody's business.' He spent hours building a little shed for it to live in. He kept us in awe telling us funny stories about it. He couldn't do enough for it. Then, I guess he got the devil in him. I don't know. But he burned the goats house down, then became remorseful, because Nanny had nowhere to live. So he turned her loose in the house.
The first place she ran, was Grandpa's bedroom. During this time, he knew nothing about the goat. Kenny became alarmed and went and rushed Nanny out of the house. A few minutes later, Grandpa came crawling into the living room on his hands and knees, with a terrified look on his face, inquiring, "What was that thing that came and looked me in my face!!"
We explained that it was Kenny's goat. He looked instantly relieved, got to his feet and said, "Good! I thought the dan' devil came for me!" With that he went outside and started his chores as usual.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Greetings Janasstar!

It has come to my attention that members on this website have accused Janasstar of soliciting money. I will now post in response to this.

This is a post I made a few days ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

With the relevant quote here:

Originally posted by sobolwolf
...I can see you relaxing in a big beautiful house sometime soon (lets hope this one isn't haunted LOL) and I have a feeling that good things are coming to you, Janasstar

Janasstar posted this to the same thread in response.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by janasstar
reply to post by sobolwolf

Thankk you dear friend
(right now I'd settle for a pack of smokes LOL!)

I immediately pm her with an offer of assistance. And know that I don't run around giving money to everyone on the net that has a sad story. Janasstar touched me deeply with her story, in fact I have trouble expressing my emotions sometimes, the get bottled up inside - and her story allowed me to express them in a way other than one big explosion of anger, this time the release was sadness, tears and I am better for it.

Thank you Janasstar.

Now back on track. The pm I sent her was this:

You mentioned that you would just like a packet of Cigs... I too am a smoker and I know that I hate to be without them, especially when slaving on the computer... I am not rich but I could spare a few bucks for you if you are going bad. Do you have a Paypal account, would you mind if I sent you some money?

This is the exact response I received.

no thanx adm,
i got someone to go to store. car has been down.

I formally extend ,my invitation to those with authority to access my account and verify this fact. If Janasstar was trying to solicit money, don't you think she would have took this opportunity? Remember, she never asked for anything, It was me that offered.

On reading though this thread I can see much reconciliation between the conflicting parties, this is such a good thing

- Adam

[edit on 8-10-2007 by sobolwolf]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sobolwolf

Thank you
and God bless you
for coming forward
my friend. I am grateful. Jana

Edit to add: Just so no one thinks that I was trying to solicit sympathy, when I made the statement about my car being broken down. It was not a serious matter. Just a dead battery. All better now! Am riding high! Life is a bed of roses. Am happier than a pig eating slop, as they say. Okay?

[edit on 10/8/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
btw,
I will not be posting my oldest sister's name for verification purposes or any other reasons. She has full-blood siblings still living, as well as grown children, and grandchildren. I don't believe that I would have their blessing on this. She had no crimes of public record.
Her death was not a direct suicide, but came as a result of an attempted suicide. Her life was saved at the time. But she later died of a brain hemmorrhage, because of what the overdose did. She also suffered severe migraine headaches.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Read almost all the pages here.

First off i agree with the people that say its quite hard to read. Would be nice if you broke it into sections instead of posting a bit every 10 minutes for a half an hour sometimes.

Also my problem with this story is that i could have posted this story and given references online too! I could be anyone online posting anything i want with my evidence on google for anyone to verify.

Someone said something about everyone buying this story so easily, this is ats i thought its about denying ignorance and finding if things are true or not.

Personally i think your post style is to get as many posts as possible within this thread. Your own multitude of replies will keep it being bumped up to the top and making it seem there are more posts than there should be.

You sure do take critisism pretty badly also. Im sure youll blow up after reading this one.

I didnt read much about a witch at all. What witchly activities did she really do other than things that you just though were witch-like? Most of it was blending her demon son along with your family tradgedies instead of describing the witch herself.

Interesting story but not interesting enough for people to keep clicking over 15 pages searching for updates.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

btw,
I will not be posting my oldest sister's name for verification purposes or any other reasons. She has full-blood siblings still living, as well as grown children, and grandchildren. I don't believe that I would have their blessing on this. She had no crimes of public record.
Her death was not a direct suicide, but came as a result of an attempted suicide. Her life was saved at the time. But she later died of a brain hemmorrhage, because of what the overdose did. She also suffered severe migraine headaches.

I cant shake that you are searching for sympathy for everything because you keep posting sob stories about extra things. Its almost as if you like the attn youre getting due to your lack of attention in real life. Posting things online makes you feel better when strangers feel bad for you and give you a pat on the back for being a good person. lol

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

just wondering, why did they slap that warning sticker on ya?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jana,

Thanks for sharing. Like many others, I enjoyed reading the story. And like many others, I have taken it in with a level of skepticism. That's not to say I don't believe you, because I have no doubt whatsoever that such traumatic experiences would be forever etched in one's mind. My point is that what you wrote about happened a long time ago, and some of the details, as they exist in your mind, could have shed some of their complete accuracy. Not that there is anything wrong with that since we all experience some form of memory deterioration as time passes. But you were able to give enough information that people were able to dig up some things on the internet, which I think deserves some recognition.

On the other hand, you have to realize also that many, many people have pulled the wool over the eyes of others with equally interesting stories only to be exposed as hoaxes. All one needs to concoct such a believable tale is a knack for finding the right evidence on the internet and then being able to weave it together to form what appears to be a legitimate work. Don't think I'm accusing you of this, because I'm not. I'm just pointing out that someone with the right savvy could have found some obscure names from some a little town in the boondocks, mixed in some bits about a hellish childhood that they could have read or heard somewhere, and wound up with a story like yours.

I encourage you to continue sharing! Just mind the folks who refuse to take what you share at face value.
In return, see if you can dredge up some evidence from the internet that shows that you are being truthful! And lastly, let go of that aggression! Kill them (or, perhaps more appropriately, their suspicions) with kindness instead.

One last thing. I found this when I did a search for Inez Sutton: www.mlswa.org...

It sounds like it might be the same woman. Does the geographic location mentioned sound familiar, or is it not the same place you lived at the time you were her neighbor?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by j stuff

Personally i think your post style is to get as many posts as possible within this thread. Your own multitude of replies will keep it being bumped up to the top and making it seem there are more posts than there should be.

You sure do take critisism pretty badly also. Im sure youll blow up after reading this one.

I didnt read much about a witch at all. What witchly activities did she really do other than things that you just though were witch-like? Most of it was blending her demon son along with your family tradgedies instead of describing the witch herself.

Sorry my story is not up to your standards. And I have apologized for my outbursts as much as I intend to. Was your post here intended to set me off again? Too bad! I'm drained. Maybe you should take some spelling lessons or get spell check. Criticism is spelled as I have just written it. Tit for tat.
You actually read quite a bit about a witch; but you were looking for a flying being on a broomstick, perhaps? I said from the beginning that she was a self-proclaimed witch and that her charges were, 'false pretenses.' I don't think even Wicca or any relating categories of REAL witches would claim this woman.
After I was grown. I saw nothing 'witchy about her either. Just EVIL. Anything else I can help you with?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze

just wondering, why did they slap that warning sticker on ya?

In the heat of the moment, I called someone
a fathead. I think I was also hoping it would
bring forth a mod. but it didn't until the next day.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

I will allow for that conclusion. But what would I have to gain from it. People keep mentioning the ATS points. In the beginning of my membership here, they were important, because, I needed 20, I think, to be able to u2u. Then I think I needed 250 to be able to post in Jim Marrs forum. I have long since exceeded that. So again I ask, what is the big deal about the points? Are they supposed to buy me a rubber ducky? Do I win the sweepstakes? Please somebody tell me!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

sorry
double

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Also, I pulled up the link, I don't think this has anything to do with the Inez I am referring to. I have never heard of Baldwin Lake. The only Lake in our vicinity that I recall at the time, was a man-made lake, called Lake Norman. Inez had a boat and took us there sometimes. It was closer to Charlotte.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh well. I can't imagine there are many Inez Suttons around, so I thought I would fly it by ya. The reason I thought might be her is because of some of the dates that were mentioned.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I will allow for that conclusion. But what would I have to gain from it. People keep mentioning the ATS points. In the beginning of my membership here, they were important, because, I needed 20, I think, to be able to u2u. Then I think I needed 250 to be able to post in Jim Marrs forum. I have long since exceeded that. So again I ask, what is the big deal about the points? Are they supposed to buy me a rubber ducky? Do I win the sweepstakes? Please somebody tell me!

Hell, I just passed the 10,000 points mark today and I STILL don't know what it really means. I suppose I could use them in the ATS Store, but, what the heck do I need there? I don't do PodCasts and I've heard that Really Above Top Secret isn't really all that much, so, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
Points-schmoints!

Janasstar, hang in there! Don't worry too much about those members who seem obliged to trash on ya. To me, it just tells me what kind of people they are. I would say, just young. I'll tell ya what. Every time someone make ya mad, U2U me and call ME a fathead. I'll know it's not because of me and you'll feel a little better getting it out of your system!

Stay cool!
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My purpose in writing this story was to keep a promise to Tampa, even though she was deceased when I made it. Contrary to what some of you think; It was not about soliciting money or sympathy. I don't see that either would do me or my family any good. It will not change anything. We had plenty of sympathy at the time of her death. That didn't change anything. It didn't heal us. It didn't bring her back. It didn't undo the damage.
What more kind of evidence do you people feel that you need? I don't know if it's possible. My genealogy has been listed on the web for quite some time. But those that want to scoff and disbelieve would just continue doing so. So, I don't think your doubts and disbelief can be satisfied. So, call me a liar, and if you think I am such a miserable sniveling whiney a*** brat; go read something else.

Edit to add: If you will notice, I can't even mention the child rapist's name other than to call him, C. Molestor. He was a pillar of the community. But no charges were brought against him. He has no criminal record. He is deceased now, but he does have innocent surviving family members, and out of respect for them, I will keep my peace on that.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just to clarify, Jana, in case my post came off the wrong way, I wasn't stating that you were being deceptive. My point was that it's possible for anyone to gather up the info to create a story like yours. I believe your story, and also accept that some of it may not be 100% accurate due to the time that has passed since it happened to you and your family. I hope you feel compelled to continue sharing, especially if there is a therapeutic reward for doing so, regardless of the negativity that you may be met with.

EDIT: By not all of it being accurate, I mean that sometimes dates and times and finer details like colors or words or things like that can become a blur.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying.
and I can see already that some of my dates were
kind of off. But the ones that really mattered were not. Tampa's birthday and date of death.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I take great offense at being called a liar and would jump through hoops to prove myself. I am willing to break anonymity to allow anyone who wants to, to research genealogy records on the web. I am not the only poster of the genealogy records. There are many. I believe that some Housers, as well as Watson's have posted records there. Oh, and a Peeler too, I think. She was one of our teachers in Lincolnton, that was somehow related to us. Don't remeber how, exactly. But if it would help satisfy everyone, I will give the mods or whoever, permission to reveal my real identity.
Will THIS satisfy everyone? I don't know what else I can do. You tell me.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join