It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Cure For Mind Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
A video that should be shown in every american home to be honest. TV is the most lethal form of mind control on the planet.

Stop believing the illusion and find out the facts about things! Than again, I guess most people who are even on this site are well on their way to doing so. The rest sit at home, unable to be reached by messages like this one.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
^^

note characteristic lack of replies

As far as i can tell, the willingness to unplug the TV or, more accurately, the increasing disgust with TV go hand in hand with a willingness to consider alternate viewpoints. Iow, you can't really talk to people before they're ready, unfortunately, Youtube's format is all too reminiscent of TV itself, which means that funny background music, flashy animations and overall visual appeal may easily trump content.

ie. Introducing MC to the web. don't get me wrong, video is great for relaying tangible evidence, but it is not a substitute for a web page. More and more sites have a collection of videos, which may be good at times, but you can't skim a video, or skip a few chapters, but you can do that very well in the case of text, which is why the latter is preferrable to visuals for conveying concepts and even data, as long as you use visuals complementarily.

Videos force their creators' rythm on you, text does not, text has to remain the web's prmary language for now.

PS: thanx for bashing TV, it's exactly how i feel, dozens of channels are useless, because crap^120 is still crap.

edit for tags

[edit on 9.10.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I got rid of my TV about 2 months ago. I have noticed how much better I can concentrate, and how much love I see in the world, instead of the 'be afraid be afraid' messages constantly spewing from the boob tube.

I now CHOOSE how to brainwash myself. I just grab documentaries that add to my overall knowledge about the universe, and about myself.

Besides, I can't tell you how great it is not having watched any commercials for 8 weeks

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So this thread bashes TV by selling it's own brand of "place-the-blame" using the "lighted idiot box" that it is telling the world is the cause of the problem?

OK. You've convinced me you're taking the high road on this one.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Control your thoughts, not many people do that today. As exampled by the best of our society like law enforcement, who typically are x-military, love to drink randomly and scream at the tv on football day. These irrational behaviors are more acceptable than say, relaxing with a nice ***** and reading some intelligent book or blog, or learning. No its all tasers, control, beatings, fear, respect for idiots who protect people who laugh at us at the tfact they have a wall of stupid people protecting there paychecks and so called security, ive seen more dr-whos and star treks than you, I know how these societies turn out. Obliterated.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Copernicus

Good Video, I wholeheartedly agree. I disconnected the Boob tube stream 2 years ago, although my friends and family have not. It has made me question a lot of things. The fact that I am thinking independently and not by the design of rupert murdoch, amongst others is a constructive thing. People need to know that they are fed lies in all media forms on a daily basis, this is coming from a former student in the art of semiotics.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more. Wonderful find, and well produced on the matter at hand.

I've been so senstive to propaganda this past week, it took all my concentration to even watch this video, but I must say - it hit the nail on the head.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Except for a brief six-month period in 2003 when it wasn't altogether up to me, I haven't had a TV set in the house for ten years.

I find I am missing... nothing of value.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I love this guy. TV sucks. If you calculate the amount of time you spend watching commercials, its just dumb! Hes right, thats why most people believe in 9/11, they rather sit there and suck up the lies because its the easiest thing to do. The truth seekers, like us, question and deny the obvious, until we get to the damn bottom of things. It sucks like shi# that we have to do the thinking for everyone else, to one day, hopefully, reveal the truth.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
down-right brilliant and oh so true!

who is the guy in the middle of the clip who is preaching about the evils of TV? anybody know?

Great thread great clip

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If there's one thing that turns me off about any discussion is any persons of religion, ignorantly degrading another one. When it comes to this jew hate rhetoric I completely shut off. If you wanted to prove a point, there's better ways of doing it than implying that a whole religion behind a world wide conspiracy.

There's greater, proven, and more immediate concerns that should be addressed like AIPAC and the detrimental effects it has had on public opinion in regards to American foreign policy. They're by far more dangerous than these "unseen" forces that are so wildly popular amongst conspiracy theorists. It's a little more intricate than "It's them jews."

[edit on 12-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Just for the record, I do not care much for the jewish comments being made in the video and I do not agree with them. But I liked the general message of the video. We are indeed being told what to think by the tube.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I usually use mine for pbs specials. Love pbs.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I whole heartedly agree. Television is a dangerous thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
It's a little more intricate than "It's them jews."

Very true. "Two jews walk into a bar.... THEY BUY IT", Well yes jews own everything and are great with money. Nothing to really bash them about, if anything, good for them. As you said, its far more complex than "crazum jewbies trying to rule the earth....", how mad!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think I'd like the video a lot better if it wasn't laced with "Blame the Jews" rhetoric. The "turn off the TV" message gets a
, but the Jew-bashing gets a major

It's also (as someone above mentioned) ironic that we're being urged to give up television via the internet.

More food for thought, even if it's just a snack. Why is TV being singled out? Radio has been playing "mind control" games with people since the 30's...remember Orson Wells and the Mercury Theater radio broadcast of the War of the Worlds? Before that, we had newspapers that slanted, spun, and twisted news stories (look up the term "yellow journalism"). TV is just the newest generation from a long 'bloodline' of controlled information.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Things to really end this "mind control."

Clean up your diet. Stop eating worthless, nutrionless foods.

Trade your 3 hours of TV a day to 3 hours of physical activity.

Don't play into the status quo everyone is so eager to be a part of.

It's amazing what just those 3 things will do for your quality of life.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Lately I've been seeing advertisements for BabyFirstTV and this is really scary stuff because it's obvious they are wanting to start brainwashing the kids as early as possible.

For a long time, I've heard that it's best to keep small children away from the TV and keep them active with more productive toys to mentally stimulate them.

We already know that the TV places people into an alpha state so the messages are delivered to the brain easier. What devestating effects will this have on babies? The poor things don't stand a chance right outta the gate now.

new topics

top topics

join