It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Site used for Fake Moonlanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSler,

Iam not sure if you know this website allready but I found it today and I thought its might be something that you find interesting.

This web page will show how, and where NASA faked the lunar approach, lunar landing, and lunar take off, for all the Apollo Moon landing video's. Contrary to what many believe, the sequences were not shot in a desert, Hollywood studio, or Area 51. There may have been the odd picture taken at Area 51, and a few Apollo pictures that were taken in some remote desert, but the majority of stills and video were performed at Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia. Scientist's at NASA knew in the early 60's that a manned mission to the Moon was impossible within 8 years, and a plan to fake the Moon landings was put into operation.

More text and pictures here:
apolloreality.bravehost.com...

[edit on 4-10-2007 by mallory-john]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I always wondered why that little boy in The Shinning was wearing an Apollo 11 sweater... Probably for the same reason there is a copy of 2001 in a Clockwork Orange.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I always wondered why that little boy in The Shinning was wearing an Apollo 11 sweater... Probably for the same reason there is a copy of 2001 in a Clockwork Orange.

i take it you are referring to stanley kubrick's alleged involvement in faking the moon landings there? well this thread is nothing to do with him at all and a lot of the information is very interesting and thought provoking.

i have found one flaw so far (the photo of the one-legged astronaut for example.... you can see his other leg) but this is all new information to me and a lot of it is pretty convincing.

as the author points out - why are they going to so much trouble to recreate in every aspect all the details of the approach and landing and time on the surface when they had already supposedly been to the moon?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This was a Publicly Known TRAINING AND TEST FACILTY. It was called the 'Lunar Lander Research Facility' (LLRF). It was no secret that it existed. The cable system was an attempt to simulate 1/6 gravity for the astronauts and the LEM. Newsman Walter Cronkite even went there as a guest (back in the 1960's) and tried out the astronaut-cable system.

Astronauts disagree on whether this truly served as a good training center for low-gravity training, but it was a good attempt.

As for proof...that ground looks nothing like the dust grey surface we saw in the Apollo photos, and that LEM is NOT the same design as the ones in the Apollo photos. The LEM looks different because it was for TRAINING ONLY.

This facility still exists today and is used to "crash test" airplanes. I think it was also used to test the airbag landing system of the new Orion space capsule. Here is a link (scroll down about halfway) It is also a museum of sorts with the LEM training vehicle on dislpay along with names of the astronauts who trained there:

www.nasa.gov...

EDIT: CORRECTION --
The LEM simulator used at the LLRF is on display at the Virginia Air and Space center, not at this facility as I first said.

[edit on 10/4/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

join