It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans losing their right to vote on October 12th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

by Perry Kundert — last modified 2007-10-03 09:06
American citizens will be losing their right to vote in the Republican Primaries in several states on October 12th. So, what are they going to do about it?
Urgent News for Citizens of the United States!Free people of every political stripe -- liberals, conservatives, libertarians, independents -- are awakening to the fact that Ron Paul may be the last hope for America. The Republican party has realized this, and have decided that you need to be prevented from voting for Ron Paul in the Republican Primaries.

Of course, it is fine (and normal) to require that voters in the Republican Primary are... registered Republicans. The problem is, if you happen to register as a Republican after October 12th, you may not get to vote in the Republican Primaries in your state! Are you OK with that? No new Republican party members registered in the last 3 months before the Primaries are allowed to vote, because the might -- just might -- be Ronbots?

Follow the link for more information. This is CRAZY.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zakd619

i thought we lost our right to vote a long time ago. well, they still let us go fill out a form, but our votes dont REALLY count. remember how most of us "voted" for Gore but he didnt win?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by evo80

oh yea but it should mean something now that theyre actually telling us rules and stuff. AND no one is doing anything about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well, this is the same thing I posted about in my Ron Paul thread just yesterday I think... without it getting much attention.

Anyway, here is the news story from prison planet.

Cant everyone see what is happening to America? When you have not only the news media but also government officials making it difficult to vote for a specific man who makes some real sense, what does it say about the country?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

i just noticed not that many people were in his party. which sucks man because now he REALLY can win...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They cant do that, if they do theyll have riots.. literal riots, with fire, and screaming, tasers going off left and right, it will be chaos.. which is what they want to see. It lets them make stricter laws making americans out to be criminal, when they are merely defending freedom from bad cops, evil politicians and corporate rogues, oh dont forget the cults.!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Using Diebold machines which produce no tangible proof of who you voted for effectively took away our right to vote, or should I say, the right to have our vote counted.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Okay, I don't know any of the rules about registering to vote, but I always thought there was a deadline to register to vote for any election, based on what my mom told me back in the 70's. I guess you're saying this isn't or hasn't been normal procedure.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

They ARE doing it. And there wont be riots, people are too drugged up on the comfort drug to even speak their mind in public.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by mastermind77

They ARE doing it. And there wont be riots, people are too drugged up on the comfort drug to even speak their mind in public.
\

Well I don't think its just the "happy pill". Please no one get too mad at me for what I am about to say: People have become so lazy with the internet and forum/blog sites that no one feels that they need to stand up and speak up. Now don't get me wrong im here voicing my opinion but don't you think we need to get out of our computer chairs and really do something? What ever happend to the MASSIVE protests of old
?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
come on when is everyonegoing to for once wake up and listen!!!!!

Bush is the dictator- there will be no elections of any kind. i've been saying this for years and i get brushed off as some lunatic.

There is no more freedom- we are all prisoners.

Forget the shapeshifters and reptilians.

We are still free to come and go, to own homes, to eat, to be entertained, that will all come to a screeching halt. and no one will be ab le to do anything, nothing.

If this doesnt give you a little taste of the future, my friends, i dont know what will.

So what do we do? Do we wait until everything we've always enjoyed is gone?? I guess so....and there will be NO turning around.

One more crazy post.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We are still free to come and go, to own homes,

What? We don't own our homes! Don't pay your property taxes and you lose "your" property. You get evicted. See "Allodial Title":
en.wikipedia.org...
Then read the first Plank of the Communist Manifesto:
www.criminalgovernment.com...

On the thread topic, a similar measure is being taken preventing Florida Democrat's from voting in the Primary, but it doens't compare to this new GOP sham. Are there any petitions going around about this?

[edit on 4-10-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo80
reply to post by zakd619

i thought we lost our right to vote a long time ago. well, they still let us go fill out a form, but our votes dont REALLY count. remember how most of us "voted" for Gore but he didnt win?

all gore had to do to win was carry his home state of tenn. It's pretty bad when you can't carry your own home state

with that said, it's a crime the electoral college still exists. It was put in place originally to make sure the stupid public didn't elect anyone the elite wouldn't approve of. This country really needs to go to a simple majority vote

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

So what do we do? Do we wait until everything we've always enjoyed is gone?? I guess so....and there will be NO turning around.

As the roman emperors said, "give them bread and circuses, and they will not care who leads them"

these days, it's pizza and TV

when the pizza runs out, and the TV goes black, people may wake up, but if this strategy has been working since roman times, I say just enjoy your life while you're here

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is an outrage !!! Americans losing ther rights to vote !!! We need to take up arms against our oppressors !!! Viva le Revo....oh wait.

This is just an article about needing to register as a republican to vote in republican primaries. my bad

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We'll I was never registered anyway *Shrugs*

As well why couldn't this be on CNN and such...? (I know some people will say N.W.O) but, somewhere it has to have a leak...Everything doesn't have a strong foundation, their is a crack somewhere in the mold...

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliza è Angelo
We'll I was never registered anyway *Shrugs*

As well why couldn't this be on CNN and such...? (I know some people will say N.W.O) but, somewhere it has to have a leak...Everything doesn't have a strong foundation, their is a crack somewhere in the mold...

what is there to be said ? You have to register to vote in a primary ?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The electoral college was implemented to give the smaller states more power. That's what our whole government is based on. When back when, Rhode Island wouldn't ratify the Constitution because they were afraid that they wouldn't be equally represented in the national government. That is where the Senate came from and each state having two senators regardless of population. Getting rid of the electoral college would do this on the campaign trail: Go to NYC, LA, SF, MIA, Chicago, and a couple other large cities in the US, woo those voters over and bam, you can easily have a majority regardless of what smaller states like Wyoming or the Dakotas would say. Then liberals would always control the government and the US would eventually devolve into communism. True communism, not pseudo-communism that some may think that we're living under now or will live under.

As far as Bush being the 'dictator', I remember when Clinton's term was running out, people were saying that he was going to declare marshal law so that he could stay as President. I would bet my bottom dollar (or Amero) that people have been saying that about every president since our Constitutional system was erected. Probably happened during the AoC days too.

Before I forget, it's common practice to have to be registered in a certain party or registered period to vote in an election. That's common practice here where I'm from anyway.

Tom

[edit on 10/6/2007 by octotom]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As far as I have ever experienced, if you want to vote in the Democratic primary, you have to be registered democrat. Like wise for the Republican primary. I really don't understand anyone's outrage on this.

If it wasn't that way all the republicans would vote for someone who couldn't win in the demcratic primary and vis a versa. Come to think of it, the Democrats will probably all vote for someone who can't win as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I think the electoral college should just vote in the same proportion as the voters of their respective states. If Florida votes 50.1 % for Hillary then she should get 50.1% of the electoral votes, fractions and all. You could still win the total vote and lose, but the process would be much more fair.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join