It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Ten is a Joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Once again and it seems year in year out the Big Ten teams are once again over-rated. This weeks latest poll have Wisconsin and Ohio State hovering around 4-5...This is a Joke! You could line up any of those teams with an SEC 2nd tier team like Ga. or Tenn. and they would get blasted. Ohio State was run into the ground last year by a less than power house Florida. Michigan was highly rated going into this season and look what happened they were punched right in the mouth by an division IIA school. I have for years screamed the Big Ten commisioner was behind the stalling of the playoff system and from the looks of the polls and some of the sports writers he has been lobbying for his teams to be ranked higher going into the middle of the season for fear of a Big Ten Network lack luster going into the bowl season...shame...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Both the Badgers and Buckeyes are undefeated. Are you saying that Florida, Texas, West Virginia, and Oklahoma should have kept a higher ranking than these two after they all lost on Saturday? That wouldn't make sense to me. You're not implying that Kentucky should be considered their equal are you?

As for your comment about 2nd tier SEC teams, it does not stand up in the case of the Badgers. In their last four bowl games they have played Auburn, Georgia, Auburn, and Arkansas. They lost the first two, and won the second two. Seems they stand up to second tier SEC teams just fine. Right now, dating back to last year, they have the longest winning streak in Division I.

All that being said, I would agree that top to bottom, the SEC is a stronger conference. They seem to always have more speed. That's what destroyed Ohio State last year.

The Badgers have not been dominant this year, but they keep finding a way to win. If they happen to run the table this year, I would love to see them get a chance to prove you wrong. Chances are though, that the Championship game will include USC. If LSU loses, the SEC could and should be left out if OSU or WI are undefeated.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
Both the Badgers and Buckeyes are undefeated. Are you saying that Florida, Texas, West Virginia, and Oklahoma should have kept a higher ranking than these two after they all lost on Saturday? That wouldn't make sense to me. You're not implying that Kentucky should be considered their equal are you?

As for your comment about 2nd tier SEC teams, it does not stand up in the case of the Badgers. In their last four bowl games they have played Auburn, Georgia, Auburn, and Arkansas. They lost the first two, and won the second two. Seems they stand up to second tier SEC teams just fine. Right now, dating back to last year, they have the longest winning streak in Division I.

All that being said, I would agree that top to bottom, the SEC is a stronger conference. They seem to always have more speed. That's what destroyed Ohio State last year.

The Badgers have not been dominant this year, but they keep finding a way to win. If they happen to run the table this year, I would love to see them get a chance to prove you wrong. Chances are though, that the Championship game will include USC. If LSU loses, the SEC could and should be left out if OSU or WI are undefeated.

Just like Ohio State was overrated last year. Wis and OS are the same this year. I'm telling you both of those teams might go 6-6 in the SEC. The Big Ten has always been over rated. They have fallen behind the SEC PAC 10 and Big East and ACC for the last 4 years. Line any team in the Big Ten up against Fla. LSU or USC or B.C. for that matter Oh lets not forget...W.V. and they would get smoked.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well, thanks for telling me. I guess I have to agree since you're telling me. Actually, I'll wait until the bowl games roll around. Since WI has beaten SEC teams two years in a row, I won't completely buy into your 6-6 scenario. It's pretty pointless anyway, since I'm pretty sure no Big Ten teams are moving into the SEC in the near future.

Oh, and B.C.? You're not serious? Middle of the Big Ten at best.

A playoff system is needed.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Down goes KY. Looks like the SEC is down to one undefeated team.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Musky

I couldnt agree more.
There NEEDS to be a playoff system in Division 1-A.
Every other college sport,on every level,has a playoff system,except Div 1-A football.
And thats because of money,plain and simple.
The BCS is a joke.
They should just make the bowl games playoff locations,and include the top 4 teams.
Until then,there will never be a definative champion.
Heres to hoping people get their heads outta their a$$es!

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That is bound to happen when the two undefeated SEC teams play each other...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

That is bound to happen when the two undefeated SEC teams play each other...

South Carolina has one loss. I wasn't speaking to just their conference records. Consequently, even if both teams were to win out, their chance to play in the BCS Championship game is now almost nil.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Florida at LSU tonight. I'll admit the SEC really has to beat up on each other. I'm going to try and watch that one.

First, WI at IL. 10 minutes until kick off. "When you say Wiiiiissssconsin, you've said it all."

Go Badgers! Should be a good one, even if it's only the Big Ten. LOL.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Looks like the Badgers weren't what I was hoping they would be. Bummer.

new topics

top topics

join