It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Masons have such a bad name?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Bottom line: It IS a cult.

I’m just wondering.....on this ATS website and all, what is the general acceptance of a cult to a religion?

What makes a cult differ from a religion? Or are they the same thing?
What makes scientology lesser a religion than Christianity?
Is it something to do with how old the religion is?

[edit on 13-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Good question friend.
I'm gonna guess that the main difference is how the group is accepted by the general public.

Cults generally are considered more "fringe" than anything mainstream, however, as soon as that fringe group has enough members it transitions to mainstream.

That's kind of a lame answer, but I hope it helps.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
There will never be a topic on such a Pandoras SH** box such as Freemasonry. Anything thas done in secret will make the Public truely believe its secret for the sole purpose of Vile acts.

And yet the general public doesn't believe that at all. In the USA, the general public is friendly toward Masonry and Masonic institutions. So I guess you're just SH** outta luck.

Actually the trend of researching Freemasonry seems to be on the rise Masonic.

The movie industry is just one of the numerous examples. What youre saying is basically everything JFK claims about secret societies and secret oaths is bull****. We all know, JFK is one of the best presidents this corrupt country has to offer. Its people and support like you that stops these wonderful people from making this country into a loving one.

Continue snowing people, cults will loose.

Whats with all this say about Jesus not being able to be mentioned in a Lodge? If you guys arent a religion, whats the big deal about mentioning Gods son? Isnt he born on the same day and ressurrected like one of your many Gods Horus?

The sh**hawks are swoopin on in..

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Its people and support like you that stops these wonderful people from making this country into a loving one.

So in other words, you're saying that if he's not part of the solution, he's part of the problem?
How very absolute of you.

Continue snowing people, cults will loose.

Huh?

Whats with all this say about Jesus not being able to be mentioned in a Lodge? If you guys arent a religion, whats the big deal about mentioning Gods son? Isnt he born on the same day and ressurrected like one of your many Gods Horus?

Wow, Horus is one of our gods?
So, you're telling me that I worship Horus?
Really?
Well, thanx for clearing that up for me, as I was so completely unable to decide for myself which spiritual path to take, but since you have decided for me, it makes my life easier.

At any rate, we don't discuss religion in the lodge because it tends to be a barrier between people.
Most often because many people seem to think that because a certain religious viewpoint works for themselves, it must work for everyone else, or else.
Honestly, have you ever heard of invading a country and countless people being killed in the name of Masonry?
I've noticed, that a vast amount of people who are anti-Masons are usually so incredibly religiously narrow-minded that they refuse to (or are perhaps unable to) accept an organization that promotes freedom of religion (which, as my young brother earlier stated, was a very radical idea in the dark days of the Catholic church's violent supremacy).

In Masonry, we don't worship anything, and if we did, it would have to be the human spirit and our ability to grow and better ourselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Actually the trend of researching Freemasonry seems to be on the rise Masonic.

Which is always a good thing. Honestly researching Freemasonry dispels the ludicrous myths of the anti-Masons, and leads researchers to pro-Masonic positions.

The movie industry is just one of the numerous examples.

Indeed. "National Treasure", for example, was a big hit, and was very friendly toward Freemasonry. The sequel is already in production.

What youre saying is basically everything JFK claims about secret societies and secret oaths is bull****.

JFK had friendly words toward Freemasonry, and to the Shriners Childrens Hospital in particular.

We all know, JFK is one of the best presidents this corrupt country has to offer.

You obvious don't know much history. Ever heard of the Kennedy-Mafia connection? The Bay of Pigs? The murder of Marilyn Monroe?

Its people and support like you that stops these wonderful people from making this country into a loving one.

Don't give us that "love" crap/ You don't have any "love", as is painfully obvious from every word you write. You are a spiritual fascist, and most of your posts have contained any number of verifiable lies. As the old saying goes, we are not impressed.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
One lodge I belong to has men of different faiths. The beauty of this is, Masonry is a place we can communicate on level ground so to speak. Or, respect each other regardless to faith.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The solution to the Free Mason reputation is simple. Get rid of the secrets. Only two reasons to keep a secret. To hide something or cover something up. There is I guess a third reason. Its fun to keep secrets if your a child or a childish adult.

It is clear that either the Masons are hiding something or covering something up. So tell us what you are hiding or covering up and all the hype ends.
Why are you so quick to dismiss the third reason? I mean, have you seen the Shriners wearing funny hats and driving tiny cars? Sounds like a bunch of childish adults to me! And guess what? All Shriners are also Master Masons by definition!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The solution to the Free Mason reputation is simple. Get rid of the secrets. Only two reasons to keep a secret. To hide something or cover something up. There is I guess a third reason. Its fun to keep secrets if your a child or a childish adult.

Or a fourth reason: you wouldn't understand unless you participated in the ceremonies (and you may still not understand it even then). The words aren't important and have obviously led to a lot of misunderstandings, which is probably why the talking about it is discouraged.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You know, I honestly don't see any reason as to why people must feel that the Masons are some evil organization. Then only real reason I think that people think this is because they themselves are not Masons and wish they could be.

I feel that the Masons symbolize what is right and pure in our world. Past Presidents of our Country and leaders from around the world have become apart of this brotherhood and though the identity of all Masons is not know the public, the Masons known have contributed more than their fair share to the greater good.

THE MASONS ARE NOT A RELIGION! Honestly, I'm sick of people thinking that they are. Think about it, if everyone in the world knew everything that was happening in the world, we would perish. If people would just open their eyes and see the world in a less ethnocentric way, then we would all be in a better place.

So people, stop being jelous and suspicious because honestly, there's nothing to be suspicious of.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Did anyone get attacked by a demon which stung them with their tail like a scorpion?
During the Gulf war when oil wells were lit ablaze I was attacked by a demon on three separate occasions all at night. This is what happened. While I slept this demon would fly through the window and attack me. The spirit inside me fought this demon briefly until I awoke. Then it let me take over. It was horrid and spun circles around me then left. This happened on three occasions as I have stated. The third time however was different from the rest. As before it attacked me but this time I had enough sense to command it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. What happened next is even more amazing. After commanding this demon to leave in the name of Jesus, the Holy Spirit delivered me outside my room into the Hallway. The Demon followed. It stood to my left and grabbed my hand with his placing his tail on top of it. It sent waves of fire through my soul. I couldn't scream. I looked straight up and said Father please help me. The Demon left. This was after being seduced into trying Transcendental meditation and falling into spiritual bondage to witchcraft/demonic forces. Then I was forced to go through the secret ceremony of Transcendental meditation assisted with witchcraft/demonic forces were I was forced to except the worship of one of their many "Demon Gods". This is one method Satan's secret society uses to distribute the spiritual mark of the Beast. They use mind control / witchcraft, which I believe to be the powers of Demons, torturing and forcing people to receive the spiritual mark. Have you received your spiritual mark yet? If anyone is to go into captivity into captivity they will go. They overcame by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony. This may sound crazy but it is a true story and these are just some scriptures giving insight. By their fear of death they are held in spiritual captivity. The mafia/ Illuminate 666! Have they been terrorizing your neighbor hood?”Free” masonry, is it “FREE”?
Were the Nazi in Germany held in spiritual captivity to witchcraft/demonic forces like the New World Order?
After discovering a underworld "Satanic" government which is spreading like a cancer throughout society I have experienced how they force and seduce, or should I say seduce then force, people into spiritual captivity to witchcraft demonic forces. Is this the way the Nazi enslaved the Germans to commit genocide? This organization, the Mafia 666 with its many other names, seduces, trick, and forces people to participate in occult practices. These so called games and practices have been distributed throughout society to cause spiritual bondage. These practices enable witchcraft/demonic forces to be manifested against the victims. I was forced with witchcraft/demonic forces to go through a transcendental meditation ceremony. The way it is done is quite amazing and almost unbelievable, but by this spiritual bondage I was forced to go through three T.M. ceremonies. I was torcherd with mind control sleep deprivation and in many other ways. The three ceremonies I was forced to go through were performed in what appeared to be three different sections of the brain. I was taken through the ceremonies and instructed to except the worship of one of their many "Gods" these were no gods but demonic entities one including Satan another they named Jesus. What better way to join all religions of the world. "The powerful delusion"'/ New World Order. When they said Jesus name I was so tired scared and confused I just said "yes Jesus". After said ceremony they knew my faith was strong and that they wouldn't control me and take me captive because I no Jesus Christ is God. They tortured me with witchcraft and continue to this day. They try to stop me from informing people how this new world order is distributing the spiritual mark of the beast. Yes this is the spiritual mark. I had delivered a warning to these people prior to the Gulf war. A

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join