It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Masons have such a bad name?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

I am curious if you could expound on what you term to be 'Luciferian' rituals. Are you refering to rituals that involve paying homage to Satan or are you refering to Venus, where in Latin we find the progenitor of the word Lucifer? I might also add the the word Lucifer is not mentioned in the Bible as a reference to Satan, this is merely a more recent inferal.
As neither takes place in lodge I am wondering if you could direct me to where you 'discovered' this information and possibly direct me to it?

[edit on 7-10-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi Redge777

Originally posted by Redge777
... I run into two stumbling blocks. The first is secrecy, I believe it to be inherently bad, if I could be shown that not to be true, I would reevaluate that idea. I have a strong bias against secrecy because of lessons of history. So I have to say that is an area I do not easily accept.

Second is questioning faith in Jesus Christ, in this I am narrowminded. Although many believe differently then me on Christianity, and I still learn many things that expand my knowledge, the core beliefs do not change.

I appreciate that you have noted an unwillingness to continue posting on this topic, but since many over complicate what is in essence a very simple thing, I am hopeful that your two stumbling blocks can be addressed by going back to basics.

With regard to secrecy, I am constantly bemused by this, and can only conclude that, as far as the freemasons are concerned, privacy and secrecy have become interchangeable terms. I do strongly support any individuals or groups right to legitimate privacy, but I don't observe any secrecy in freemasonry and I was keen to get a better understanding of what you mean by secrecy and why in this context it bothers you.

As far as the relationship between Christianity and Freemasonry is concerned, as a practicing Christian I have studied this carefully for many years and have failed to find a problem. However I'm always open to new perspectives (if indeed you do have a new perspective) and again would be interested in where, for you, the stumbling block lies.

God bless

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have a copy of the book written by Freemason Albert Pike. The book's title is Morals and Dogma. The book is the heart of US Freemasonry. However, Freemasonry has been associated with the occult since it stopped being a mason craft/artisian trade union. Albert Pike simply wrote a book detailing the rituals and degrees used by Freemasonry prior to Albert Pike. There are various groups of Freemasonry scattered all over the world. US Freemasonry is an extension of original Scottish, British and European Freemasonry.

The young man's granny is basically correct regarding Freemasonry being a cult. Every secret society has a cult nature, or there would be no need to be a secret society.

A link to Morals and Dogma. All 861 pages of the original text:

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Because no matter how many times it's pointed out just how much of Masonry is functionally available online, there will always be a braying few insisting that there's yet more 'secrets', that Masons haven't 'come clean' so to speak. These people need a group to demonise and despite their 'facts' having been often and thoroughly shown to be anything but, they insist that their unsubstantiable gut feeling tells them they're right.

Without their windmills, these latter-day Don Quixotes are nothing.

Agreed. I would point out however, the Masonry cause is not helped much by masons who fail to address the questions raised, as demonstrated by yourself.

I'll rephrase my question and your answer
Q: No matter that the secrets are already out, people still bag Masonry, so why not drop the secrecy?
A: No matter that the secrets are already out, people still bag Masonry.

Does that make it clearer?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
"Blue Lodge" Freemasons are merely a cover for the Illuminati "The Illuminated Ones", whom are the presumed handlers for the elite globalists of our world.

Adam Weishaupt, Manly P. Hall, and Albert Pike wrote and/or spoke extensively about Freemasonry and Illuminati and the "Mystery Religions".

The Freemason logo is in fact a sacred symbol of the true "Holy Trinity", replace the standing compass with a male, the laying square with a female, and the G represents the unity of the male, female, and the females womb with the males phallace (or the sacred feminine), you starting to get the picture now? Also, the G can represent the "sacred number seven" (7). (I will post more about the number seven below).

Freemasonry at its core is about deceit, sex, and power at any cost (a most certain and true greed), the crux of Luciferianism. Freemasonry is not a religion, it is religion, that is why they are to become the "enlightened" ones and we are the stupid idiots to be used by and unwittingly served unto their self-serving causes.

Freemasons (and their associations/subsidiaries) have been in charge of our government (and of our country) since our Declaration of Independence, look the condition our country is in, do Freemasons appear to be here serving in the best interests of the USA or for that matter charitable causes, or are they only all about only serving the needs and desires of their own "brotherhood"? These people run the IRS and Federal Reserve (the CFR, Trilateral Commission, WFM, PNAC, etc., etc., etc.), we are their bonded slaves! I hate them and I hate their members!

Why is Freemasonry (and The Bohemian Club) a male only organization? Guess they are exempted from "affirmative action laws", eh!

If Freemasonry is solely about a group of members from different religious backgrounds can get together for fun and excitement, then why does Freemasonry use a Christian Holy Bible in which they degrade by embroidering their own logo upon the cover, placing pages of their own choosing within it, and then to add final insult they lay their own "idol" upon its pages? Blasphemous!

Why do their high ranking members enjoy a ~3,000 acre forest (The Bohemian Club) all to themselves, that is ~3,000 acres that is only open to these chaps for 2-weeks out of they year and then shut down. Their own little wonderland to run around naked in along with gay male prostitutes, and do perform pagan rituals!

The Freemason initiation ceremony is identical to an ancient pagan ritual, (as it the Bohemian Club's annual "Cremation of Care" ritual is identical to an ancient Jewish sacrificial (Zionist/fanatical/extremist) Tophet ritual).

Albert Pike in his famous book entitled "Morales and Dogma" has clearly laid out what Freemasonry actually is about. I won't even bother going into Manly P. Hall.

From my research I truly believe that the KKK was merely devised as a recruiting tool to select worthy subjects into Freemasonry, that may or may not have gotten out of hand or was modified to take on its current cause of inciting hatred and resentment across the continent.

The Freemasons are very interconnected to the "Knights Templar", whom were "exorcised" upon orders of the papacy on October 13, 1307. Notice October 13, scary Friday, just another coincidence though right? Right. Also, this date holds significance 10+13=23, (The rule of 23), which means that either the Papacy also practices the Mystery Religions or at least has intimate knowledge of their beliefs and used this knowledge against the Templars.

Freemasons are still to this date not permitted to receive services, by order of the Pope.

Why has the US one dollar bill been turned into a "talisman", by being encoded full of Masonic symbology?

The Freemasons slogan is: "Ordo ab Chao" = "Order out of Chaos."
Yes, does this sound friendly to you? Coupled with their secrecy and their influence over executive government and big corp. syndrome things start to get scary.

1/2

[edit on 8-10-2007 by RexxCrow]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
What other "secret society" gets their own "House Resolution" (H.R.33) passed (again with the secret symbology)? Especially, a secret society that is loosing record numbers of its "Blue Lodge" members and one that has so many allegations against it for committing donations fraud and is unable to account for millions of millions profits from donations.

Freemasons claim they donate approximately 2-millions dollars in charity EVERY DAY, there are between 2-3 million members in America (5-million world wide). That means each MASON must bring in at the very least 1 dollar in donations (plus operating costs) seven days a week 365 days a year. This raises a few red flags: they claim to give 730 million dollars annually in charities and from my findings Red Cross pales in comparison by only able to donate 11 million annually themselves.

Many persons (in politics, Hollywood, music) whom are associated with other secret societies have either admitted or alluded to studying the "Kabbalah".

Expressed concern for these matters go way back, waaayy bacck...

"It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am." - George Washington - 1798

Really, secret handshakes, oaths, and passages ways? Grow up and get real!

To learn more about this subject you can select the "Kabbalistics" section within this link and scroll down to the Freemasonry or Illuminati sections: Streaming Video Player

2/2

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Further information regarding the "sacred number seven"…

"Revelation 1:20
As for the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven
lampstands are the seven churches.

"The seven days' march round the walls of Jericho, when, on the seventh day, the walls fell, before that mysterious God force symbolized in the number of seven. It is also remarkable that there are exactly seven generations from David to the birth of Christ.

In Revelation we read of the seven spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Ezekiel speaks of The seven angels of the Lord that go to and fro through the whole earth, (which is believed to be a reference to the magnetic influences of the seven creative planets which radiate through the earth.)
The seven Spirits referred to in the Egyptian religion.
The seven Devas of the Hindus' Bible.
The seven Angels of the Chaldeans.
The seven Amschaspands of Persian faith.
The seven Sephiroth of the Hebrew Cabala.
The seven Archangels of Revelation, etc. etc.

Let's take another look of this strange number. If we were to examine every class of occult teaching from the Hindu, Chinese, Egyptian, Greek, Hebrew, or modern school, whichever one may choose, in every case - and without a single exception - we will find that the quality of the number 7 stands for the expression of that mysterious God force in Nature that I referred to previously.

In the most ancient rules of occult philosophy we find the rule laid down that the number 7 is the only number capable of dividing the number the number of Eternity, and continuing in itself as long as the number representing Eternity lasts, and yet, at at every addition of itself producing the number 9, or in other words it produces the basic number on which all materialistic calculations are built and on which all human beings depend and the whole edifice of human thought finds expression.

EXAMPLE
The number 1 is the first number. It represents the First Cause, Creator, God or Spirit, call it as you like. A circle of the zero, 0, has always been take as the symbol of endlessness - otherwise Eternity. Place the 1 and the figure zero by its side, and you get the significant symbol of eternity such a figure as 1,000,000. Divide by the mystic number 7 and you get the number 142857.

7)1,000,000
-----------
Add as many zeros as you like, and keep on dividing by the 7, and you yourself may go on through all eternity and you can only get repetitions of the same 142857, which from time immemorial has been called the sacred number. Now add this number whenever you find it by natural addition, it will give you the figure 27, and as you have seen by the rule of natural addition described previously, you keep adding till only one number remains, to arrive at what is known as the root of the number. You add again 27 by natural addition, and a 2 plus 7 equals 9, or in other words, you get the full range of the first series of numbers on which all materialistic or human calculations can be built.

1/2

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Now let's return to the symbolism of seven for a moment. You know, of course, that Buddha is always represented as sitting in the center of a Lotus. Let us examine, then, the secret of such a selection. It is not perhaps generally known that the 7 is reproduced in many strange ways in Nature herself, and that flowers that have not been crossed by intermingling with other flowers have their outside petals in the number of seven, but as flowers are so easily crossed with other varieties, and it is so difficult to find a pure type, Buddha took the Lotus, which never becomes crossed or loses its individuality, as the emblem of the religion he taught, because, first, its seven foundation petals are always in evidence, and further, the religion he taught was that the creative Spirit was the foundation and origin of all things, and thus again bore silent but unmistakable testimony to the creative action of the seven planets from which all religions have had their origin.

Long before man made his creeds, or civilizations their laws, the influence of these seven planets had become known on the earth. Out of the dark night of antiquity their light became law, and as far as we can penetrate, even to the very confines of prehistoric days, in all races, in all countries, we find the influence of the seven planets through all and in all.
Days of the Week

The seven days of the week have been the outcome of the influence of the seven creative planets and gave the names of the days of the week, in every land or clime. Take any nation you may choose, this fact remains the same, and is so expressed in almost every language, Chinese, Assyrian, Hindu, Egyptian, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, French, German, or English. In modern languages Monday or Moonsday in English becomes Montag in German or Lundi (Lune) in French, Lunes in Spanish, and so on until one comes to Saturday or Saturn's day, the day on which God ordered the Hebrews that no work should be done, and in giving them this command He said, It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel for ever. And strange as it may seem, Saturday, year by year, in our modern civilization is becoming more and more a day of rest.

In connection with this thought, it is worthy of remark that Saturn, the last planet in the series of the seven creative planets of our solar system, in all religions, Hebrew or otherwise, represents cessation, or rest from labor in another sense. In this strange example one can see the connection between the seven days of the week and the seven creative planets, and it throws a new light on the verse, God made the sun, moon and stars and appointed them for signs and for seasons and for days and for years. Even Mr. Maunder, the eminent author of so many works on astronomy, calls attention to this strange division of the week into seven days when he says in his Astronomy of the Bible: "the period of seven days does not fit precisely into either months or seasons of the year. It is not a division of time that man would naturally adopt, it runs across all natural division of time," but this author, not seeing or perhaps knowing the great hidden truth contained in the number 7, worried only over the point, that it was not a division of time which man would naturally adopt.
But as everything on the earth and above the earth has its meaning, and especially its secret or soul meaning, its place, position, and number, in the order of things, which is the highest form of design, every day of the week, every hour of the day, and every minute of the hour, has both its meaning and number."

2/2

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by Redge777

I am curious if you could expound on what you term to be 'Luciferian' rituals. Are you refering to rituals that involve paying homage to Satan or are you refering to Venus, where in Latin we find the progenitor of the word Lucifer? I might also add the the word Lucifer is not mentioned in the Bible as a reference to Satan, this is merely a more recent inferal.
As neither takes place in lodge I am wondering if you could direct me to where you 'discovered' this information and possibly direct me to it?

To date my understanding is:

Lucifer represents to be near perfection, near complete (666) and God represents perfection, completion (777 and can also be 888). Lucifer was the serpent in the Garden of Eden he wanted to be God and thus betrayed God so he was banished and became Lucifer the Light Bearer or The Great Architect of The Universe, represented by the Sun (a thousand points of light, The Morning Star) and also as Venus (The Day Star, because at times the planet is visible in the daytime). All of this actually derives from ancient pagan believes and the need to not feel alone in this vast universe. The story of the Christian Bible is actually very similar to every the story of every other religion, only names and locations have been changed and the plot has been altered to an extent. The bible actually makes mention of a "Satan" directly at: 1 Chronicles 21:1.

Lucifer represents Satan before he was cast below, it was him at his best almost God-like, nearly perfect, and Satan represents Lucifer after fell to Earth as man, betrayed by God, deceived, not worthy. Hence, Luciferians believe they have rites to become godlike, they achieve this through deceit and manipulation of the others by concealing the true knowledge in history, sciences, arts, and mathematics for themselves, they are the "chosen ones", making those around them ignorant to the facts. Hence, they appears as magicians, or as Gods walking the Earth, they can tell what the weather will do, when it will rain, who will win a war, control a content, who will live, who will die, how to make tall magnificent buildings, etc., etc., But it is all a lie, a house of cards.

There is much evidence that they are involved in child sex abuse and child slavery, homosexual acts, and abuse drugs. Many reports have come out but are always covered up and denied. Then you get into the 13-bloodlines, those elite aristocrats, that are the Master of Puppets, Rothschild's, Rockefeller's, Dupont's, Morgan's, off the top of my head. But they work to use their gains to control us through movies, songs, and media, news, newpapers, commercials, public schools, etc., just look at all the hidden symbolism in Walt Disney cartoons. They are phallic war shippers as the Egyptians were. They have built their architecture all around Washington D.C. The use use for their sacrificial purposes, i.e. Aspartame, Fluoride, Splenda, Ruby Ridge, Don Smith Incident, Waco, USS Cole, USS Liberty, Pearl Harbor, Operation Highjump, Operation Paperclip, The Manhatttan Project, Project Artichoke, Project CHATTER, Project BLUEBIRD, Apollo Moonlanding, Operation Gladio, Operation Northwoods, JFK, MKDELTA, MK NAOMI, MKUltra, The Makestic-12, PNAC, Trilateral Commision, CFR, 9/11 The Sears Tower bombing attempts, and Patriot Acts 1 and 2. Ultimately their goal is to have a single Federation Counsel that is in charge of a one world government, in which they alone control every single aspect of. Sweet dreams!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RexxCrow

You hate them?
Really?
Hate is a pretty strong word.
Are you sure that you hate them?

It would seem that you are lumping all of these organizations into one massive group.
Are you absolutely positive that they are completely synonymous and totally interchangeable with one another?

(oh, and I just need to ask to make sure)...you are aware that there were many spiritual philosophies and religions that pre-date Christianity, right?
I mean, not to split hairs or anything, but have you ever heard of killing thousands upon thousands of people in the name of Buddhism or Taoism?
I understand that this is not a religious thread, but that seems to be the general tone of where you guys are leading it.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RexxCrow
In connection with this thought, it is worthy of remark that Saturn, the last planet in the series of the seven creative planets of our solar system, in all religions, Hebrew or otherwise, represents cessation, or rest from labor in another sense....

If you're going to quote blocks of text verbatim from other sources, please at least name your source:
afgen.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hence, Luciferians believe they have rites to become godlike, they achieve this through deceit and manipulation of the others by concealing the true knowledge in history, sciences, arts, and mathematics for themselves, they are the "chosen ones", making those around them ignorant to the facts.

Iggnorance is an elected stance. The Liberal Arts and Sciences are there for all to learn and comprehend.

Hence, they appears as magicians, or as Gods walking the Earth, they can tell what the weather will do, when it will rain,

Although it is an inexact science someone who is conversant in Meteorology will be able to predict the weather with some degree of accuracy. This however does not make them 'Godlike' in my opinion, it merely means they have invested enough time and resources into become fluent in its operation.

who will win a war,

As history has proven those who have strongest will shall eventually be triumphant. When the national will falters so too shall the endeavour.

who will live, who will die,

We all are and we all will. I make that observation without much in the way of esoteric or arcane prognosticating abilities.

...how to make tall magnificent buildings...

The results of an engineering degree may appear mystical to some but it is simply using the accumulated knowledge and experience of all of human history to construct an eddifce from the materials contemporaneously available.

There is nothing 'magical' or 'secret' regarding any of these feats. They are instead a testament of our ability to utilize what gifts our creator cunningly endued us with. Fear and iggnorance are sad and terrible things. The willingness to live with them when light and knowledge are so readily available is even sadder still.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This thread is getting hilarious. You people spend to much time worrying about a private club. I'm a new master mason and we're proud of our fraternity, new canidates are coming in left and right and we don't care what the anti masons think of us. They are a fringe group, the majority of people have a very positive attitude about masonry because of the charity work that is done. I'm a member of a gun club too and we don't talk about club business to outsiders, same thing goes with the Elks, Moose, Knights of Columbus, etc. They're private clubs who only have to answer to there members.

The biggest secret society in existence is the US Government, I was in the submarine service in the navy, more secrets there then in any masonic organization, but you guys don't worry about that. I'm going to assume that a lot of you ranting here our teenagers or in college, devote your time to finding a girlfriend, it will make you a lot more happy then writing stuff about an organization you really know nothing about.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
I appreciate that you have noted an unwillingness to continue posting on this topic, but since many over complicate what is in essence a very simple thing, I am hopeful that your two stumbling blocks can be addressed by going back to basics.

Not an unwillingness to post, just limitations and admissions of my frame of reference to easier refine the topic of discussion.

With regard to secrecy, I am constantly bemused by this, and can only conclude that, as far as the Freemasons are concerned, privacy and secrecy have become interchangeable terms. I do strongly support any individuals or groups right to legitimate privacy, but I don't observe any secrecy in freemasonry and I was keen to get a better understanding of what you mean by secrecy and why in this context it bothers you.

Privacy of the individual has gone down, secrecy of groups in power has gone up. Does this include the masons? who knows, they may, or they may not have an agenda that is negative. I umbrella organizations that use secrecy together and speak about that secrecy and how I feel it is dangerous. It is only privacy if it only effects individuals within the group.
There are currently a few active threads on freemasonry. I have a few post in each and had some very good conversations I enjoyed. Review them for my notions on the topic of secrecy.

As far as the relationship between Christianity and Freemasonry is concerned, as a practicing Christian I have studied this carefully for many years and have failed to find a problem. However I'm always open to new perspectives (if indeed you do have a new perspective) and again would be interested in where, for you, the stumbling block lies.

I do not know if my perspective is knew to you. I did not learn it from Church or others, but I assume some others have the same perspective. I doubt I am the first to have the thoughts I have.

As a mason I am sure you have heard many of the reasons for the views I have. Many Philosophical writings that teach natural law, and I know some(not all teachings of masons) goes against what I believe to be Following Jesus. When you believe in rational and teach people to move towards the rational, many times you leave the world of the spirit, for it is not based on worldly laws. It is basically spiritual, as in unseen forces of darkness and light without rational proof. I see the rational world as a 2d piece of paper, the spiritual is the third dimension of up and down.

My reasons come from personal experiences that require an acceptance of my views and experiences, something I can not prove with words on a forum. So what I do is state my bias, as I have, and then discuss other issues that bother me that are arguable. a person who is a mason is free to think of believe what they want, including different interpretations of masonry.

By discussing my views as you have asked me to. I am not trying to tell others what to believe, just what I believe. I do believe others should believe this, (does that make sense) but I have no right, nor attempt to make people believe as I do, furthermore I know only God knows all, and learn new things all the time.

('you' being you, me, or anybody, not specifically you)
If you act from love, and give glory to the lord, and serve as he teaches as a Freemason or any other person in an organization, then you are a fine fellow in my book. Never mind that it is not for me to judge, I have tried not to, and failed at times in previous posts. But check this out, if you do not believe it is occult then it is not to you. However if it goes against interpretations of teachings, or you have second thoughts that it might, or worship things of man, or make idols(put worldly matters or things above God), then, as we all do at times, you begin down the path away from God. Furthermore, if you learn the rituals, then are later given that request to deny Christ by some new knowledge of them being occult, some might turn from Christ.

TrintyMan-
"and again would be interested in where, for you, the stumbling block lies."

I believe my insight can be shown by looking at this statement. It segways nicely into my views on the issue.

As you know the term "stumbling block" is things in the way of our faith and pursuit of better understanding of God, his ways, and our path of glorify his name in the small things we might do that pleases him. Not by a demand to please, but because we love him, for he loved us regardless if we deserved it.

If I believe wearing a hat is disrespectful to God, then it is a sin for me to do it. If I believe it honors God, then it glorifies and honors God, although we must be careful to not lead others who believe wearing a hat is a sin into wearing one, but for us wearing the hat is not sin.

Many people believe many things are sin, because of lack of faith, they forget God will guide them and protect them so suddenly they find themselves straying because they then follow the wrong path. I believe the teaching of ridged belief is the same fault that led Jesus to teach it is a law of Love, this law stripped the power from Jews of the day, taking away many of their strict codes, some of which were for power not love. So I only comment on lack of light and truth, (secrecy) Not an overt act. And the possibility that rituals asking for spirit guidance may lead people to dark forces.

I have no stumbling block from masonry, although when asked to repeat anything in a ceremony, or assign another man a position of worship/authority over me, I would decline. And hopefully explain why as kindly as I could. I would not decline for fear of God, or fear of hell, I would because personally I would find it honoring God to explain I only give him that position. Although I am not a Jehovah Witness, and know little of there doctrine, I believe this is similar to their belief in not saying the pledge of allegiance for example.(I disagree with some JW doctrine I do know)

If I saw something going on like they show at the Bohemian Grove film. I would get "a feeling in my gut" I do not argue this in my posts, I consider it spiritual determination, and again would have to have you accept my spiritual encounters. My point is I would not be entertained by people asking for guidance from spirits of nature. I believe some know they are looking out of the 2d many others do not see it, but just look left and right.

Maybe this is a simpler example. If I was asked to knock on wood, knowing that it is asking for me to make noise so evil wood sprites do not hear me and attempt to interfere, then I am using a ritual to protect from evil, God does that for me. If I thought knocking on wood was because druids wore idols of wood for spiritual protection, I would be honoring those idols. If I just did it out of tradition with no knowledge, I would not be doing sin. But might still be opening doorways.

John 9:41Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, 'We see,' your sin remains.

I hope this explains my views understanding what you wanted to know about them.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I see a recurring theme here on this thread, as well as in the "real world". Nearly every masonic brother refers to masonry as a "fraternity". It almost makes it seem like a harmless little club... real cozy, like.
Almost anybody on here that has been to college in the US can tell you that the frat boys are typically the biggest d-bags on campus.

This thread has at least informed me on who some of the d-bags on this "campus" are.
Thanks guys.

I'll stick to the best brotherhood in the world, my beloved Marine Corps. Unfortunately, some of those brothers are certainly Masons as well... not everybody learns to make intelligent choices.

[edit on 8/10/07 by cbianchi513]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

I'll stick to the best brotherhood in the world, my beloved Marine Corps.

Wasn't the Marine Corps *founded* by Masons? Wasn't the first Commander-in-Chief, Worshipful Brother George Washington, a Mason and three term Past Master of his Lodge?

I'll stick the best - and oldest - brotherhood in the world: the Ancient and Honourable Fraternity of Free and Accepted Masons.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Word up brother!

Honestly, I'm beginning to tire of defending the craft we love in a reasonable fashion to those who refuse to listen to what I have to say.

I'm tired of being told that I'm saying something other than what I'm saying.
Perhaps by saying nothing, I'll really be saying "F You!"

Then again, if I say nothing, I'm sure someone will come forward and say "Your silence only confirms your guilt" or some other such nonsense.
It looks as though no matter what we say, we carry the burden of uh...whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
"I'm sure if analyzed completely, academically, we could explore the "why Freemasonry changed" notion from the 60's, 70's, and 80's, but let's save that for another time. What the numbers tell us is that in 10 year intervals, from 1960 to 2005, membership dropped by an average of 560,152 members. On the graph, you can see the decline to 2005. Now, I am not a mathematician (nor a journalist) but when I distilled the numbers, it came out to an average of a 20% decrease in membership per 10-year period. By the years it breaks out to:

1960 to 1970 a loss of 336,006 a decrease of 8.19%
1970 to 1980 a loss of 511,685 a decrease of 13.597%
1980 to 1990 a loss of 719,885 a decrease of 22.14%
1990 to 2000 a loss of 690,474 a decrease of 27.274%
And
2000 to 2010* a loss of 542,714 a decrease of 29.477%
(*calculated by doubling the loss from 2000 to 2005)

The average loss was 20% (20.2%, but we’ll drop the .2)

Again the question SO WHAT, we already know this, these numbers are not secret.

So I extrapolated, if we lost on average 560,152 members, per year for the next 10-year cycle, from 2010 to 2020, our national number of members would be 738,303. In ten more years 2020 to 2030 our national member base would be 178,151."

masonictraveler.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Masons have a bad name because there are some bad Masons. I went to a lodge meeting tonight, just to try to help a lodge that is having severe problems.
I have come to the conclusion, that this group, who are a total disaster to their community and Masons everywhere, can not be made into better men.
Sadly, I cant consider every Mason my brother without further very close examination.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RexxCrow

Have you, by any chance, even considered that many of the members who "left" the craft were old (and in some cases, very old) and probably passed on?
Last year alone, my lodge lost 3 or 4 guys to old age or sickness, and we're just one lodge.
I'm sure that some guys leave the craft because they find out that it's just not for them.
That's cool too, because it's not for everyone.

But I'm compelled to ask RexxCrow, why do you even care?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join