It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Masons have such a bad name?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The reason they have a bad name:

Because as always a few greedy, perverted or ruthless men abuse the power that comes with their position.

I'm not saying all Policemen are above the law.... but some abuse this.

I'm certainly not saying all masons are child abusers, but some are... and they get away with it due to 'who they know'...

That is why all masons are tarred with the same brush.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm certainly not saying all masons are child abusers, but some are... and they get away with it due to 'who they know'...

Really? Care to share an example?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Really? Care to share an example?

That's what I'd like to know.

I know the guy above meant well when he posted that. But everyday on here, there's somebody talking about a Mason committing a crime, and then getting away with it because the judge is supposed to be a Mason.

But, oddly, nobody can tell us exactly who this supposed Masonic "criminal" is, nor the name of this judge.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JelloFaust

So Jello, has this helped you at all? Any more questions?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Really? Why don't you Google Paul Bernardo?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

But EVERYONE knows that Bernardo was just a sacrificial lamb, Intrepid. I nobody but Masons really know how much of the really bad stuff goes unreported.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This certainly does not count for all Christians but the large bulk of mason misinformation and hatred was started and is still carried on by Christian denominations and their leaders. Christianity has never been fond of rivals even amongst their own denominations. Whether the reason is fear, animosity or honest concern most Christian groups still consider the Masons a cult in-line with the Devil. I suppose this is because anything or anyone that does not fit the exact values of a particular Church belief system is seen as evil, which has never made any sense to me. There are bad Masons in the world, because all groups have bad people in them. But the people who hate the Masons like to hold up these few malevolent examples and made the distorted conclusion that masonry is itself responsible and evil. Of course judging any group of people by its worst member is ridiculous and irresponsible and the ironic thing is that it is mostly done by a person claiming to be a Christian. Has mankind created more pain and misery under the false flag of Christianity or Masonry?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
of course it's all satanic and evil to fundamentalist christians. then again, what isn't?

If you told a christian you worship allah, then allah is evil.

tell them you worship the sun, then sun worship is evil

in fact, anything other than being another christian is "evil."

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Simple. Because they're rich, influential, and exclusive.

Think of anyone having these three qualities and chances are, people say all kinds of bad stuff about them as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
1. By religious people, for numerous reasons. Christians may hate them because they see them as blasphemous, and while freemasonry says all you need to do is believe in a higher power to be a mason, therefore allowing members of any religion in the world, the religions may not hold the same beliefs in return towards masonry. In the Islamic world, anti-masonry goes hand-in-hand with anti-Zionism; many Muslims believe masonry supports Zionism, since masons believe in something having to do with the ancient Jewish temple; I forget the exact details.

2. The fact that they are secretive. People naturally tend to find secretive groups suspicious, and attribute conspiracy theories to them; and of course rumors spread. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The solution to the Free Mason reputation is simple. Get rid of the secrets. Only two reasons to keep a secret. To hide something or cover something up. There is I guess a third reason. Its fun to keep secrets if your a child or a childish adult.

It is clear that either the Masons are hiding something or covering something up. So tell us what you are hiding or covering up and all the hype ends.

I personally think what they are hiding is that they are a discriminatory club who considers themselves to be superior to others. Can't let that get out can we? I think they are also covering up the fact that they use the club as a way to gain unfair and bordering on illegal advantage in business and politics.

I do not think there is anything Mystical or Otherworldly about them. They are just a group of Elitists who consider themselves above the masses.

I've noticed a large contingent of Mason here on ATS. I often wonder if it is a Policing action looking for fellow or former Masons spilling the beans. If the rumors are to be believed the punishment could be death

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This might be interesting and relevant to this thread.

Source
There have been a couple of well-publicized 'incidents' involving Masons - and we're not going to sweep them under the rug!

This is a list of infamous Masons from one of their own sites.

I don't think these people are doing the Masons wishes but rather that being a member of any secretive group is attractive to these types of people, the same way as being a Priest is attractive to a Pedophile.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I agree, but somehow others around them are snowed from knowing certain aspects of truth that relate to that or of..

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The masons that are 'christians' are merely described as wolves in sheep skin..

This doesnt speak for the whole group of God's children as one. They arent the entirety just waiting to be exposed like the others. God says in the end all secrets and lies will be exposed of every man.

That sounds great!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Yes, it has helped.

And, now, I have an idea of what I can tell her.

I want to know where her counselor heard about these 'vows' et cetera.

And the whole 'curse' thing sounds like a crock of...

Thanks guys
Argument was interesting, as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Fitzgibbon
Originally posted by Researcher
Read the drivel written by 33d degree Freemasons. I don't have time to explain that or provide examples.

I suppose you'll direct him to an enlightened and 'knowledgeable' site like freemasonry watch?

No. I would suggest that he reads the drivel written by 33d degree Freemasons.

No, wait - I already did.

Bottom line: It IS a cult. They pretend it's not, but if you read the drivel written by 33d degree Freemasons, it becomes obvious.

Because, of course, you are a 'researcher' who knows more than Masons themselves. Yee gads, people like you are a pain. That would be like me telling an airline pilot that I know more about what flying than he does.

No. Its because I read the drivel written by 33d degree Freemasons. Obviously, you have not.

They claim to be a religion older than all other religions.

Some "researcher". Freemasonry's a fraternity not a religion. The only people that call it a religion are non-masons with an agenda.

And 33d degree Freemasons. In the drivel they wrote, I read, and you didn't.

All other religions are subsets of The Ancient Wisdom. Ergo, all Gods are equally valid. All gods are allegedly different aspects of The Great Architect of the Universe.

And kindly refresh my memory. What degree did you rise to?

Having read the drivel written by 33d degree Freemasons, I elected to not join a religion masquerading as a fraternity that requires its members to swear blood oaths to not reveal their secrets, just like the Mafia, the KKK and the Hells Angels.

My advice to you is to work on your obvious reading comprehension problem. When you have conquered that, I recommend that you...

Read the drivel written by 33d degree Freemasons.

I don't have time to explain that or provide examples.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Researcher]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Researcher

Can you post some of these writings from the 33rd Degree to enlighten us, please?

I would think, if they're so horrible, that it would be popularized by now.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JelloFaust

Can you post some of these writings from the 33rd Degree to enlighten us, please?

I would think, if they're so horrible, that it would be popularized by now.

He probably will not because, if this so-called "drivel" is actually read by non-Masons, it would almost certainly make them pro-Masonry. I myself decided to request admission into Masonry after reading a Masonic book by a 33rd degree Mason, namely, "Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike. It can be read online here.

Here are few excerpts:

Masonry has its decalogue, which is a law to its Initiates. These are its Ten Commandments:

I. God is the Eternal, Omnipotent, Immutable WISDOM and Supreme INTELLIGENCE and Exhaustless LOVE.
Thou shalt adore, revere, and love Him!
Thou shalt honor Him by practising the virtues!

II. Thy religion shall be, to do good because it is a pleasure to thee, and not merely because it is a duty.
That thou mayest become the friend of the wise man, thou shalt obey his precepts!
Thy soul is immortal! Thou shalt do nothing to degrade it!

III. Thou shalt unceasingly war against vice!
Thou shalt not do unto others that which thou wouldst not wish them to do unto thee!
Thou shalt be submissive to thy fortunes, and keep burning the light of wisdom!

IV. Thou shalt honor thy parents!
Thou shalt pay respect and homage to the aged!
Thou shalt instruct the young!
Thou shalt protect and defend infancy and innocence!

V. Thou shalt cherish thy wife and thy children!
Thou shalt love thy country, and obey its laws! p. 18

VI. Thy friend shall be to thee a second self!
Misfortune shall not estrange thee from him!
Thou shalt do for his memory whatever thou wouldst do for him, if he were living!

VII. Thou shalt avoid and flee from insincere friendships!
Thou shalt in everything refrain from excess.
Thou shalt fear to be the cause of a stain on thy memory!

VIII. Thou shalt allow no passions to become thy master!
Thou shalt make the passions of others profitable lessons to thyself!
Thou shalt be indulgent to error!

IX. Thou shalt hear much: Thou shalt speak little: Thou shalt act well!
Thou shalt forget injuries!
Thou shalt render good for evil!
Thou shalt not misuse either thy strength or thy superiority!

X. Thou shalt study to know men; that thereby thou mayest learn to know thyself!
Thou shalt ever seek after virtue!
Thou shalt be just!
Thou shalt avoid idleness!

But the great commandment of Masonry is this: "A new commandment give I unto you: that ye love one another! He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, remaineth still in the darkness."
- p. 18

When a nation becomes possessed with a spirit of commercial greed, beyond those just and fair limits set by a due regard to a moderate and reasonable degree of general and individual prosperity, it is a nation possessed by the devil of commercial avarice, a passion as ignoble and demoralizing as avarice in the individual; and as this sordid passion is baser and more unscrupulous than ambition, so it is more hateful, and at last makes the infected nation to be regarded as the enemy of the human race. To grasp at the lion's share of commerce, has always at last proven the ruin of States, because it invariably leads to injustices that make a State detestable; to a selfishness and crooked policy that forbid other nations to be the friends of a State that cares only for itself. - p. 69

Masonry has in all times religiously preserved that enlightened faith from which flow sublime Devotedness, the sentiment of Fraternity fruitful of good works, the spirit of indulgence and peace,
of sweet hopes and effectual consolations; and inflexibility in the accomplishment of the most painful and arduous duties. It has always propagated it with ardor and perseverance; and therefore it labors at the present day more zealously than ever. Scarcely a Masonic discourse is pronounced, that does not demonstrate the necessity and advantages of this faith, and especially recall the two constitutive principles of religion, that make all religion,--love of God, and love of neighbor. Masons carry these principles into the bosoms of their families and of society. While the Sectarians of former times enfeebled the religious spirit, Masonry, forming one great People over the whole globe, and march under the great banner of Charity and Benevolence, preserves feeling, strengthens it, extends it in its purity and simplicity, as it has always existed in the depths of the human heart, as it existed even under the dominion of the most ancient forms of worship, but where gross and debasing superstitions forbade its recognition.
- p. 137-138

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm a Master Mason, was actually just raised to the 3rd degree a couple weeks ago. The majority of the anti-mason stuff you read online is from Christian Fundamentalist who I personally consider to be the American version of the Taliban. They consider anybody who does not follow there own very narrow interpretation of the bible to be evil. I was raised Catholic and most of them consider that to be a cult also. I've been in Masonry for a little less then a year now and I have to say it's been a very positive experience. I've met a lot of good friends from my involvement in it.

If you're trying to get information to form your own objective opinion of Freemasonry and you're only relying on religious sites, you're going to get a very skewed opinion. It's like asking a Islamic terrorist his view of Christianity. Go to the Grand Lodge websites, google "Grand Lodge Of " and you'll be able to find some very good information on the fraternity. After reading some of the anti masonry websites, a lot of fundamentalist consider all fraternal organizations to be evil because they don't mention Jesus in there prayers, as not to offend non Christian members. Believe me when I say most of the stuff that goes on at a lodge meeting can be kind of boring, talking about building maintenance and stuff like that, to busy doing that to control the world.

One last point and I'll step down from my soap box, I consider some of these fundamentalist churches to be more like a cult then freemasonry. Because if you don't do what the pastor says, you're dammed to hell. Think about it for a second if they're right then all the really fun and cool people are in hell
LOL

Fraternally yours,

Michael
Hagerstown, MD

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
The masons that are 'christians' are merely described as wolves in sheep skin...

Actually, that was a reference to the *Anti*-Masons, most of whom pretend to be Christians, but are easily found out to be hypocrites by their words and actions.

God says in the end all secrets and lies will be exposed

The lies of the anti-Masons are being exposed every day, and the general public is not fooled by them. As for secrets, it is written:

A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. - Proverbs 11:13

He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips. - Proverbs 20:19

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join