It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

voting for ron paul? better take a look!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ron Paul lost all respect from me in tonight's debate.

He said the U.S. hadn't been attacked in over 200 years! Yes, there is 9/11 but there's also Pearl Harbor! :shk:

Oh man, ouch, thats a little mistake, im sure it was just a little slip of the tounge, but as a man that prides himself on haveing a great knowledge of history... and the US civil war also happen within his 200 years... im sure he will clarify what he meant to say... people make mistakes all the time when they speak, like yearlier this year, Obama made a mistake, saying 10's of thoses died in an horrible tornado, while only 10 died, this little overexageration, while bad, is not the end of the world.

Oh, and that little hitler clip, HIlarious, that was one of the funniest things ever, i laugheed so hard.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
While trying to fall asleep last night, i came to the realisation of what Ron paul might have meant when he said that.

Mabye he was refering to the last time an invasionary force from a enemy nation was on the american soil...??? ANd that woould have been the French-Indian War... which was almost 200 years ago...

We were attacked on peral harbor, and 9/11 but it was just one act of acctack, and did not have an invasion force behind them.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
infowars.net...

Here is the full context of what he said.

He was arguing against a strike against Iran without congressional approval.

he slammed the candidates who willingly accepted the idea of striking Iran from the air without the authorization of Congress:

"Why don't we just open up the Constitution and read it? You're not allowed to go to war without a declaration of war. Now, as far as fleeting enemies goes, yes-- if there's an imminent attack on us. We've never had that happen to us in 220 years. The idea that Iran could pose an imminent attack on the United States is preposterous. There's no way."

"This is just war propaganda preparing this nation to go to war and spread this war not only into Iraq but into Iran unconstitutionally. It is a road to disaster for us as a nation. It is the road to our financial disaster if we don't read the Constitution once in a while."

He was talking about Preemptive strikes. I'm sure if the US was on the ball during Pearl Harbor they would have attacked before they were attacked. Context is everything.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by sardion2000]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join