It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachelor's Grove Ghost photo: real or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

www.springfieldghostsociety.com...

This photo was taken during an investigation of Bachelor’s Grove cemetery near Chicago by the Ghost Research Society. On August 10, 1991, several members of the GRS were at the cemetery, a small, abandoned graveyard on the edge of the Rubio Woods Forest Preserve, near the suburb of Midlothian, Illinois. Reputed to be one of the most haunted cemeteries in the U.S., Bachelor’s Grove has been the site of well over100 different reports of strange phenomena, including apparitions, unexplained sights and sounds, and even glowing balls of light.
GRS member Mari Huff was taking black and white photos with a high-speed infrared camera in an area where the group had experienced some anomalies with their ghost-hunting equipment. The cemetery was empty, except for the GRS members. When developed, this image emerged: what looks like a lonely-looking young woman dressed in white sitting on a tombstone. Parts of her body are partially transparent and the style of the dress seems to be out of date.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can't really comment one way or the other on this, just not my personal cup of tea. One thing I alway do find odd is that I never recall seeing any modern dressed ghosts in photos. It just seems weird, wouldn't recently deceased "ghosts' wear clothes of their own era as seems to be the case for the other ghosts?

One thing I do notice about the picture is that depending on the time of year, I don't notice an great increase in the IR signiture of the "person" but it would depend of the air temp at the time the photo was shot too I guess. But again I don't know enough about IR photography either.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'd love to go there, but I live in Midlothian, Texas, instead of Illinois. Zane have you been there?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
I'd love to go there, but I live in Midlothian, Texas, instead of Illinois. Zane have you been there?

Nope. Too far away. I live in New Mexico.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nice idea, but seems like she is too this dimensional if you know what I mean... Also the rest of the scene is the same, made to look like an oldie.
I just do not think it is authentic but without the proper ability to determine how can I prove my theory. Fake.

top topics

join