It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Story About...

page: 1

join
share:
cj6

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I would like to share a story about something I've experienced when I was younger.

The other day I watched the new version of The Amityville Horror for the first time, the concept of "spirits" causing the father to go crazy and try to murder his family made me think of this apartment my family and I once lived in for a few months. My family consists of my sister and I, and of course my mother and step-father, who is a very kind person who would never hurt anyone or anything. The four of us got along very well, but after moving in to this apartment everything fell apart. To make it short, while living in this apartment we all became very violent towards each other! Though it never came to murder, like in the movie (thank god!) it got pretty damn close!

At the time I was about 10 years old, and my sister was 11. We had always been close, never arguing or fighting, but after moving in to this apartment, a lot of "hatred" grew between us. It eventually got to a point where we would fist fight all the time, and not little "scuffles", REAL fist fights!!! Something that always stayed in my mind was the time when she chased me around the apartment with a kitchen knife, like the one Michael Myers uses. I quickly ran into my room and slammed the door just before watching the edge of the knife cut through the door! Now what 11 year old girl has the strength to put a kitchen knife through a bedroom door?!?! I couldnt believe it, it scared the hell outta me!

Now to my parents, who always got along perfectly since the day they met. Soon after moving in, the same thing happened to them, they started arguing more and more each day until it eventually broke out into loud fights. My step-father started drinking....a lot! Which he never did before moving in to this apartment. After a while he started distancing himself from all of us, not saying a word most of the time, and staying out late at night...none of us had any idea where he was half the time. My mum was the one who realized something strange was happening to us, she knew my step-father was not himself at all, none of us were. She talked a lot with the apartment manager, he was a nice man, very friendly to all of us. Out of curiosity, she asked him if anything strange ever happened in the apartment. She said he was reluctant to tell her but eventually told her that 2 little girls died in the room my sister and I were in, and that the mother supposedly committed suicide not long after in the room my parents were in. She never told me how they died, but she knew, till this day she will not tell me how they died.

She decided that we needed to move out immediately, so she searched and found another apartment. The last few days at the apartment we spent packing everything we had, but my step-father took off somewhere and didnt tell us where he was going. On the last night, I was sleeping in my bed, on my side facing the wall (as I always sleep) when all of a sudden I felt someone breath loudly on my ear, I remember feeling the heat on my ear so I knew I wasnt imagining it. I quickly turned over but no one was there, I looked over at my sister who was sound asleep. At that point I started to freak out and I ran to my parents room and noticed the door was slightly open, it was usually shut all the time so it was very odd. I remember it being very dark when I opened the door and found my step-father standing at the foot of the bed, just staring down at my mother...

[edit on 3-10-2007 by cj6]

Mod edit: title

[edit on 10/3/2007 by kinglizard]

cj6

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sorry about the title, to anyone who actually reads this, I cant change it!!! Any help would be appreciated!

cj6

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Anyways, to end what I was saying: my step-father was just staring at my mother...in the dark, just standing there. I couldnt believe it, I called out his name and he turned towards me and the look on his face scared the hell outta me!!! Its hard to describe but he didnt look normal at all, he looked insane. I remember him rushing towards me and then he quickly stopped and sort of "jerked" himself back a little, as if trying to resist something. At that point my mum woke up and turned the lights on, and my step-father fell to his knees and began to cry. She asked him what was wrong and tried to touch his shoulder but he shrugged her away before storming out of the room, pushing me aside, and he left the apartment. My mum grabbed me and asked what happened but I was speechless, I couldnt get the image of his face out of my head.

The next morning my uncle came to help us move out, since my step-father had not returned. After moving to our new apartment he returned, and he looked normal, as he did before moving to that apartment. None of us really discussed what happened that night, I think we were all too afraid to even think about it, we never really spoke about anything that happened in that apartment. But I do know that everything returned to normal, no more fights or arguements, we were fine again.

To this day I believe something in that apartment caused everything that happened between us, and I believe that my step-father had the strength to resist whatever it was.

Or maybe it was nothing at all, but I would really like to hear someone else's opinion on this!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That's an interesting story, glad y'all made it out allright. Since you don't live there now, did you find any history on the land or the appartment itself? There could have been a history of violence there, death, murder, rape, what have you, and maybe an evil spirit or two stuck around. If you still lived there now, I'd of told you to record what happened, when it happeed, and who experienced it; also to do some EVP's and maybe even some recording. Did you ever talk to the appartment manager or anyone else around there that could have shed some light on the issue?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow, that story definitely gave me the chills!

While I am far from an expert on the subject (my only 'experience' comes from my HS senior term paper, when I wrote on debunking paranormal phenomena), I remember reading something about certain conditions being able to mess with peoples' moods and such. One of them was completely natural, and had to do with sound frequencies called infrasound (the same sounds that elephants use to communicate) that can trigger anger or depression in people. And please don't quote me on this, it's been over 2 years since I wrote that paper!

(I found a little more information on the subject here. You have to scroll down a bit - I suggest using ctrl+f)

Anyway, I don't think that can account for your stepfather's behavior. Not to discredit you or anything, but were he and your mother possibly having problems at that time? Did you ever ask her about his behavior when you and your sister weren't around?

Again, I'm not trying to say you were imagining it all. Just trying to get a little clearer picture.

cj6

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

My mum was the only one who spoke to the apartment manager about it, which is when he informed her about the 2 girls who died there and the mother committing suicide. Like I said, to this day she will not tell me how they died, but she does know. I do believe there was a father involved in it too, but my mum and the apartment manager are the only ones that know everything, I think my step-father knows as well....as far as I know.

cj6

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zyanith

My step-father has been around since I was just a few months old, basically my whole life. I've never seen him act violent or harmful in any way towards anyone or anything. He's always been a very kind person, and if he were different when my sister and I weren't around...my mum most certainly would have told me about it.

But like I said, maybe it was nothing at all, but I can tell you my family and I have always gotten along perfectly before...and after living in that apartment.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Weird, my ex-husband and I were living way out in the country in GA. We had a double wide trailer put on some land that used to be an old saw mill. We had a lot of acres, a pond in the front yard, one neighbor a fair piece behind us and the other was a couple miles away.

We'd lived there for several months when we mentioned to each other that we often felt someone standing behind us. We kind of laughed it off, thinking it was odd that we had both experienced the same thing.

Although that marriage was probably doomed for failure from the beginning, things got very strange while we lived there. One day while sitting at the kitchen table I saw a figure walk across the living room with a sack on it's back, at first I thought it was my son home from the neighbors, but then realized I didn't hear the sliding glass door open and my son was at his father's house.

Distance began growing between my husband and I and I woke several times to find him standing over me, it freaked me out. He was a psychologist working with trouble youth and was trained in how to restrain a violent patient and one night during an argument, he restrained me, later he had no memory of it. He had never laid a hand on me before and it scared the crap out of me. All I could think of was the water in the front yard and how easily he could kill me.

I noticed my son lingering outside of our bedroom door often during this period and after we left my husband, I asked him why and he said he was afraid I was dead, he'd been having bad dreams that I was going to be killed.

Six months before I left my husband, I had a dream, not much to it, but I saw my husband's car pull up and was struck by overwelming fear. Things were pretty odd for a while, far too much to go into here, but one day my husband's car pulled up and it was just like that dream, I was terrified, I called my brother and left that day, leaving everything behind, my instincts were screaming to get out.

I still have nightmares about that place and it's been over 8 years since I left.

cj6

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Im not sure if this has any relevance to my story, which is why I left it out. But the entire time I was in the apartment, I was constantly having dreams about aliens, and the dreams always took place inside the apartment....exactly how it was in real life HD! Anyways, a few I can remember, in one dream I was standing at the sliding-glass door that led to the balcony, it was at night and I looked up into the sky and there was bright colored circles forming a huge oval shape. I then took my attention from the sky to the balcony and in front of the sliding-glass door a "grey" was standing there looking directly at me.

In another dream, I woke in the middle of the night cuz I heard voices coming from the stairwell outside the front door. I still remember the way the voice sounded, it was very deep, and "robotic". It was telling me to open the door. Anyways I went and opened the front door and looked down the stairwell and saw two "greys" just sort of gliding up the stairs towards me, their feet never touched the stairs at all!

I dont remember much after that, but I always had dreams of aliens while living in that apartment. Not sure if it means anything, but after moving out of the apartment I never had dreams about them again!

new topics

top topics

join