It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guard survey hints at exodus - We're losing troops.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just as the Pentagon is increasingly relying on the National Guard and other part-time troops for duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, an internal Guard survey suggests that the demanding deployments could prompt a significant number of its soldiers to quit the military.

Full Story ...story.news.y... ahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=676&ncid=676&e=1&u=/usatoday/20040123/ts_usatoday/guardsurveyhintsatexodus

So, is this saying because of the US's involvement in Iraq that our troops are quitting ? Yes.

I appreciate each and every member of the armed forces that are fighting for us.

I think this is very sad, that because of the situation in Iraq our guys don't want to fight anymore.

I know that no one wants to fight in a war, but this just caught me off guard and is sort of surprising to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If I was in the military, and I had to go to Iraq for this BS war, I'd quit. Similarly, if I was drafted, I'd leave the country. It has nothing to do with being unpatriotic. It has everything to do with the fact that this war is complete propaganda. Given a reasonable cause, I'd fight for my freedom. I just happen to believe that our gov't is either incompetent, or corrupt. They won't get any support from me.

I think this is a good thing. It shows that they can't fool America forever. The military will shrink accordingly.

new topics

join