It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Road Experience (New Jersey)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Before I begin, this post is about the truly frightening experience me and my friends shared about 2 years ago in Clinton Road in New Jersey. (look here for more: www.weirdnj.com...)

I just recently discovered ATS but have been lurking in the Alternative News section. I just found out that there is a Paranormal section here and so I decided to share my experiences with all of you.

For those who don't know about Clinton Rd, it is a "haunted road" in West Milford, NJ. It is basically a 5-7 mile stretch of road that goes through thick dense forest with no civilization or living person in the immediate surroundings. It's one lane wide in both directions, and is very renowned for its ghost stories and other strange events.

The most known and talked about story is the one of a family that in the 50s drove through one day and went over the side, plunging their car into the reservoir that runs through the middle of the forest. This area where they went over is a very sharp turn called "dead man's curve" and at the time there was no barrier at the edge of the road preventing cars from going over. The couple and their young son were killed, and since then, a concrete barrier has been erected at this curve to prevent this from happening again.

The legend goes that the spirit of their young son now inhabits the reservoir, and if someone throws something small over the side dead man's curve, his ghost will appear and throw it back, because he doesn't want anything else falling in there.

So anyways, me and some friends decided one night 2 years ago to go out and try to debunk some of these local NJ myths. We went to several places, including Demon's Alley, but didn't really find much. Then we came to Clinton Rd, and although I didn't believe in spirits / ghosts before then, I am more unsure now.

We got to Clinton Rd around 2:30AM and had some fun turning off our lights (absolute pitch black) and so on. This road is very secluded and we never saw any other cars / people. Finally we arrived at dead man's curve and saw the concrete barrier.

Me and my friend Jeremy were the only ones that got out of the car, because my other 3 friends felt something strange and didn't want to leave the car. The two of us simply laughed at them and ran up to the barrier at the edge of the road. We looked out, but couldn't see anything even 3 feet in front of us because of the deep dark. The only light was from the car's headlights and it only illuminated a 20-30 foot patch around the car.

We called out a few times, teasing the "ghost", and finally took a quarter from my pocket. I held the quarter out for a second, and then finally tossed it over the edge. The reservoir is only 10-20 feet below, but strangely I didn't hear it splash in. About 2-3 seconds passed, and all of a sudden, we heard a sharp DING on the OPPOSITE side of the barrier, almost at the very top of it. It was as if something had thrown the quarter back, but didn't make it all the way over the edge. The sound was very metallic and sounded exactly like a quarter hitting concrete should sound - it was also very loud in the quiet forest. Then, almost immediately after the DING, we heard a small splash in the water. Me and Jeremy looked at each other, eyes wide, and just said "No way that just happened."

(continued in reply)

[edit on 3-10-2007 by Amberite]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We were still in a bit of a state of shock, when all of a sudden, as the saying goes, "all hell broke loose". The wind picked up very noticeably. It was a completely calm night, no clouds, no wind, but all of a sudden the trees were rustling and making lots of noise. Within 5 seconds, objects started falling from the trees, and things started hitting the car. There were object falling all around us, and we heard WHISPERS. Not actual whispers of someone telling me something, but very faint sounds of movement / voices that were at the very edge of auditory perception. The scene was just very chaotic, and you could feel that the forest had somehow just become alive. A sense of real dread filled both me and my friend, and I can tell you right now that is the most scared I've ever been in my life.

My friends in the car had had enough - they scarted screaming at us to come back, and the driver yelled that he was leaving with or without us. We ran back as hard as we could to the car, and actually had to jump in because the car was already moving - my friend couldn't wait.

We drove out of Clinton Rd as fast as we could without crashing, and have never went back there. To this day I'm not entirely sure what happened. The night is clear as can be in my mind, and in my friends' minds. We all have the same experience and same memories.

I wish I could put into better words the chaos that happened when objects started falling from the trees. I'm not talking about 5 or 10 things. I'm talking about all around. The worst part was the whispers, and we all just FELT that if we stay there, something very bad was about to happen. It felt like something was coming through the forest.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my experience, and wonder if anyone ever experienced something similar?

[edit on 3-10-2007 by Amberite]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Noone has ever been to Clinton road / had an experience like this?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If I lived in NJ I would check it out.

top topics

join