It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns of arms war in space: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Russia warns of arms war in space: report

www.reuters.com

Russia's military space commander vowed to retaliate with an arms race if any country started putting weapon systems into orbit, he said in remarks published on Wednesday.

"We need to have strong rules about space, to avoid its militarization and if any country will place a weapon in space, then our response will be the same," Space Forces Commander Colonel-General Vladimir Popovkin told the newspaper Trud.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Arms war in space? Sometimes you can learn whats really going on by what 'the other side' says and does...

Russia has become increasingly more closed off, harking back to the old ways recently under Putin. Is this a starting of a new cold war? Or is it just another smoke screen 'collaboration' between the US and Russia as an excuse to spend more on mega budget hardware?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
oh man, isn't our foreign policies Great.

First we need to attack the Evil Muslims, the 4th Crusade.

Now we might be entering into the Cold War 2.

Good find OP

The Russians must respond to our actions, if we continue to act like we own the Earth, I'm sure they will disagree, and step up.

Why Would you make moves in the world or in space that would awaken the Big Red Menace?? Why militarize Everything, our police force, space, just don't do it!!

[edit on 3-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 3-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The russians would just launch there FOBS which are in storage and et voila one counter weapon.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow, Reuters are late... these news were reported a week ago in other sources such as this one and many others.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
...Russia has become increasingly more closed off, harking back to the old ways recently under Putin. Is this a starting of a new cold war? Or is it just another smoke screen 'collaboration' between the US and Russia as an excuse to spend more on mega budget hardware?

I do not have the sense that Russia is becoming more closed off, but if you have some evidence of that, would you mind posting sources or elaborating more? I'm interested to hear what/why you think about this.

Weapons in space, how idiotic. Why don't we go explore it more, before we end up destroying whatever it is that's out there.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

if any country will place a weapon in space, then our response will be the same

So assuming that they want weapons in space, they just need to have another country collaborate, by putting weapons in space first. This could be China or the US.

Speculation: They're basically wanting to do something without looking like the bad guy. The US already looks bad, so it wouldn't come as a shock if the US weaponized space first (to protect us against the evil terrorists of course).

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Weapons in space, how idiotic. Why don't we go explore it more, before we end up destroying whatever it is that's out there.

I believe we should, since America has been lacking any objectives to do anything with space since pursuing the moon in response to the Soviet launch of Sputnik. This helped remind Americans at the time that we were behind especially with education. Maybe its time the U.S. govt. start concentrating on that topic if they realized we are behind again as other countries like China and India also pursue their ambitions in space.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I believe without a doubt that we are in Cold War 2.

I lived through CW!. It was a terrible time for a child. I remember so well the duck and cover drills at school. And the phrase , "Better dead than red" will forever be in my mind. My thoughts as a child were better red than dead as even then I was thinking of ways to overthrow a communist government by getting into the system and working to bring it down.

My father was in local governmet at the time so I heard many stories of bomb shelters being built in out city and of people storing food for a disaster.

This new cold war brings a chill to my very soul. To have to live through it again is not a good feeling.

Peace,
Dizzie

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Originally posted by forestlady
I do not have the sense that Russia is becoming more closed off, but if you have some evidence of that, would you mind posting sources or elaborating more? I'm interested to hear what/why you think about this.

There have been many many reports leading one to the conclusion that its (russia) becoming more closed off in the recent years under Putin (Russia) and under Bush (USA).

Some chosen at random...

news.bbc.co.uk...
Russia restarts Cold War patrols

www.spiegel.de...
Using Russian Energy as a Political Weapon

www.cnn.com...
Friction intensifies between U.S. and Russia

www.bu.edu...
RAF scares off Russian Bear Bombers, 2007

www.cdi.org...
Cold War Speech...

Telegraph.co.uk...
Vladimir Putin rearms his Cold War military

Many many other signs and symptoms...just do a google search.

[edit on 10/3/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As alluded to in my OP, is the seeming cold war II just another 'dog and pony show' meant for gods knows what purpose...?

• Expansion of more military spending by the US (and russia)...?
  • Expansion of unconstitutional legislation (US and more)...?
  • Formation conclusion of the NAU (lets form a 'union' to combat soviet territorialism)

You really have to think chess game here...think several moves ahead, the more moves ahead one can think, the better...

...and much more coming to a theatre near YOU!!!???

[edit on 10/3/2007 by greatlakes]

• new topics

top topics

join