It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Terror, US Involvement in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We wish to please continue the discussion in order to state our views as far as how we feel to being members of the US military, and being deployed currently to Iraq, we feel as though we have a right to voice our opinions as well as anyone else does.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
well said soldier medic. well said. Yes this would mark the firsttime since i've been in iraq thatwas able to vent on anti war people. Feels good.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Im not one to flame, But me thinks that Soldiermedic, and medic are one and the same.

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Also, how do you have such easy access to a computer in Iraq? Curious, not questioning.

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Sorry guy. we are not the same person. We are two different people. The name medic was already taken by, well, Medic. :-D

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have my laptop over here. I am hooked into a satellite internet network.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
it called......."the wireless internet"....... and no we are not the same. BUT we do know each other, as we are in the same unit. actually he is about 100 feet down the hall. if your so curious

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There ya go!! What he said!!! We work together, actually. We are here to simply add our views to the discussion and to reply to those views by other people.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Fine. I play along for a bit....but I caution and warn that if one 'flame' or insult OR one that even remotely comes close to insinuation, the thread is dead in the water....no 'and', 'ifs', or 'buts'....period. This thread will NOT be a carry-over or a platform for or of a/the flame(ing) 'war' done in another thread. If it ends up becoming such....locked.

I still see no constructive or objective purpose of this thread but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, temporarily, anyhow.

So...begin. The discussion is:
"War On Terror, US Involvement in Iraq".

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'll discuss this with you guys, if we don't start with the personal insults again. I'd love to tell you why I don't think you should be there, but I really don't want a flame war. I really don't like wars, especially preemptive wars.
We can leave you two out of it, and just discuss reasons for being in Iraq, if that's what you mean.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
yeah basically i felt like i was getting out gunned so i called him in as support. Hmm....sounds like military action...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
loosen up seekerof

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
fine fine no name calling, but i do fell like we are cathing unneeded flak over here from the people at home. if you don't support it fine, but that doesn't mean we don't belong here, and as much dumb crap thathappens we have made progress here

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think that it kind of bothered us when we were in the middle of a lively discussion, then everyone ducked out the back door. I guess this is a chance for people to talk to other people who are in the middle of it, who are here, so that they can have the perspective that we have when it pertains to the current conflict in Iraq. We wish no harm, we wish no threats to be passed. We only wish intelligent and thought-based comments to be posted. We also ask that people post comments to the discussion that have basis, not blind emotion. It keeps the water hot without boiling over.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
loosen up? i meant lighten up.

sounds like something ud say to..

never mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't think we belong in Iraq at all. The main reasons being, Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, nor were they a threat to the US. We had enough on our plate already, without starting another war. We should concentrate on finding Bin Laden, if that's who is indeed responsible. There is no connection between them, and there was no evidence of WMD in Iraq, period. You're fighting an unnecessary war, at the moment. Military is for defense, not offense.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Everyone that has a opinion on what the Military should and shouldn't do should basically voice it to the ones that count. Dogging out a soldier isn't right...he is doing a JOB. Do you do a job everyday? I bet everyone don't like it either.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Has anyone come up to you two and screamed,

KAFIR pronounced , Ka-Faar.

Or, Inshallah?

The first being, Non-Believer, and the second, Allah Bless.

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hows the Food?

Most of my freinds are Arabs, So im used to it. Lovely stuff it is.

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Of course we do not like being over here. But if we are to be ver here at the orders of our Commander-in-Chief, then we will do the best job that we can. We act honorably and try to make the best of what we have to work with. Nobody wants to go to war. We joined the military because so many other chose not to. For whatever reason that others have not, it is thir own choice. We made the choice to enter the military, and to take with it all the duties that it requires. That all that we can do. But if we are to do them, we do them to the best of our abilities. There are times when we do not wish to fulfill a certain job's requirements, but we look at it in the best light possible. If we have to do it, then we do it well. Just like any other job. Being in the military is a fine and honored resposibility, that we undertake with the highest of respect and fortitude

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join