It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conscience dream followed by sleep paralysis and a possible oobe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My Dream

I picked up a huge yellow toad in the (bathroom?),went to the back door to release it outside, it was dark outside. I stood at the top of the steps out there and let it go. I thought I felt something soft at the bottom of my left foot , I lifted it out and saw it was another toad, this one was average and normal looking it hopped down the steps and I was relieved that it wasn’t hurt. The huge yellow toad didn’t jump down the steps, instead it just jumped off the patio.
I then opened the door to go back in the house and thought I saw my cat run out, I turned around and watched it vanish into a shadow, at this point I thought that wasn’t right and I realized this was a dream. I thought “what a weird ass dream”. As I was going back to my bedroom I began thinking how I was going to wake up anytime now, I knew I was sleeping. I saw my cat by my bedroom and I thought well he wasn’t supposed to be out so I went after him trying to catch him I grabbed him but he managed to get away. I went up the stairs to go get him. I was stopped halfway by my dog, I think he was my dog, he jumped up on me and grabbed me from behind, I think the cat was in front of me.

The Sleep Paralysis

I was still standing there even though I couldn’t move so since I knew this was a dream I thought I would try to fly but it didn’t work so I kept trying to go straight up and then I heard loud heavy breathing then it was followed by fatigued panting then I woke up by I couldn’t open my eyes I felt them fluttering by I couldn’t control it, I tried moving my legs, arms, fingers, but nothing. I then for some strange reason felt fear almost intense fear. I tried moving my tongue and I tried making any sound wit my throat and voice but nothing.

The Out of Body Experience

At this point I could open my eyes , not physically though I knew they were still closed, I was in my bed and I mentally rolled over on my back and I heard purring I looked over and a cat was sitting there purring over me. I looked around and could see my room around me I saw the computer monitor; everything had a fuzzy look about it. I was still on my back even though I was physically on my side. Then I heard this loud ass sound which I never heard before, it sounded like a airplane engine. It was soft at first then it got louder and louder this lasted for about 15 seconds it got so loud I was kind of scared it sounded like it was behind me and then I woke up.

• During the oobe part I felt fear it became intense; it was like a thrill especially when I heard the engine.
• That cat was like a shadow and when I woke up my real cat was at my feet.
• I felt intense fear also when I couldn’t move in my bed from the sleep paralysis.
• I was thinking independently in my dream almost the whole time, I knew what I was dreaming.

I just wanted to share that with you guys, what do you think of it?Do you think I had a Oobe? I think I did.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
That sounds almost identical to my ventures with sleep paralysis.
I've heard the exact engine noise that gets louder, but I've also heard a roar ot scream from a very deep voiced man.

What it is, is during sleep paralysis you're only half awake. I mean you're eyes are open and what not, but you're mind is still in dreamland...which leads to hallucinations, both auditory and visual.

Like you, I get these when I wake up from a lucid dream. The OOBE that you thought you experienced is a common feeling in Sleep paralysis, I found. RIght before I officially wake up, the feeling of floating and being lowered down into my body is felt. Though, I know what I felt wasn't an OOBE. I don't think yours was, either.

It's good to know that someone has experienced the EXACT same things that I have! Well, instead of the cat, I see a target or a face.

I have a question, though. When you heard the engine sound, which is insanely frightening because it really does sound like it's right behind you, did you close you eyes? If so, did it make matters worse? That's how it is for me...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I cant remember, I know the sound lasted for a good 7 to 8 seconds getting louder and louder as it went on. Then I woke up startled and excited and I went to write it all down.

new topics

join