It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah! My New Gig!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yesterday I started my new job, and MAN! Major league cool company! The owners 'Get It'. I'll be in NYC, and Philly mostly, but will travel to Chicago, California, and Michigan several times a year. Yeah!
In a semi-related field, it's as different as can be. I've been in the graphic arts industry for a LOOOOONG time - (more than 20 years). However there was a 5 year hiatus where I opened 2 bakeries (one which was Kosher Dairy) and a deli from 1998 to 2002. When my son was born, I had a decision to make. Continue doing what I loved and never see him awake, or go back into a business where schedules are flexible. Not a hard decision to make actually.
Anyway in my career I've been a Graphic Designer (Won several Gold Medal Neos), Scheduler, Technical Engineer, then finally Sales. I am lucky that I 'grew up through the shop'. When presenting to a prospect, I can feel a 'point of pain' and devise an effective solution on the spot.
Anyway, my new gig involves alot of technical details I've never been involved with previously. For the last 48 hours, I've been getting a crash course in CAD, and engineering which must be accurate to 1/256th of an inch. Awesome!
I'm chomping at the bit to start picking up the phone and making appointments, but I need to get to the end of my learning curve. When I signed up to come aboard, the owners figured that it would take me 60 days to get to the point that I might start making presentations on their behalf. Today after day two, I drafted a document on what I've learned to date. I gave it to the CEO, CFO, and President of my new company. Looks like I'll be unleashed on the corporate world next week! Yeah! Got my new laptop, and Blackberry. So I'll be back on ATS much more in another week or so! Geeeeee, aren't you all so lucky.........

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sounds cool, congratulations!

Let me know when you have some free time in the city,maybe we can get a drink or something.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
California?!? Bay Area California? That'd be cool!

I'm glad you're so jazzed about the new job. It'll also be nice to have you back around here, thinkin' and stuff.

The thinkin' around here has been not up to your usual excellent standards.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Way Ta Go Big Man!

I was wondering where you had disappeared to! Sounds Suh-Weet!

Make up some projects that require a trip to Hong Kong, go on ya know ya want too!!

Best of luck.

MonKey

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Congratulations man, I couldn't be happier for you. I hope it all works out for the bettter.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Lombozo..Iam so happy for you and I truly mean that buddy...good luck to you and we will try not to miss you too much while you get settled into your new job.
Hope you find some time to do some thinkin' and stuff....

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A quick thank you my friends for the encouragement!
It really is great to have friends like you!
lombozo

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
best of luck on the new gig.

djohnsto77, make plans to meet up with him at Wolfgang's. He's dying to go there.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Oh man, that is so low! Touche`. I'd be disappointed if you replied any other way!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Congrats! Hearing someone so excited about their job gives me hope :-)

top topics

join