It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it about the oil rich Nations of the World?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

It's all interrelated, Kronos, that's why it is exceedingly difficult to avoid mentioning the 'motivation' if you will.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

However, that wasnt what I wanted in this thread. All I wanted was some light hearted discussion on nothing more than Geography and Geology I guess..

So maybe you could have been more specific and said this in your OP

Someone can make a thread about Alien Invasion and someone, somewhere, would say, "it isnt aliens, its those DAMN Americans, dressed up as Aliens..

well, maybe it is

International borders are not overtly dictated by geology. Geography probably has more of an impact.
The geological resources of countries are determined by such things as tectonic activity, relative age of uplift, volcanism, amongst other things. It's pretty much a blind lottery as to why some countries have more resources than others.
Here in New Zealand, we may well be sitting on vast oil wealth in the Southern Ocean section of the New Zealand microcontinent

www.thebriefingroom.com...

but the technology at the moment makes it difficult (and expensive) to drill in such depths.

I'll do some more thinking and research before I reply again, so as to cogently put forward my thoughts rather than this off the cuff guff!

Hope this helps a bit

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ok, so here is something else to think about to.. It seems that I'm always thinking "against the grain" when it comes to what science says.
How many people really believe that oil is actually a result of decomposing dinosaur bones and is non-renewable? I mean it is just a theory, nobody really knows for sure what circumstances created oil.
Maybe oil is not non-renewable, maybe it renews very slowly and we are just using it faster than more can be made but if that is the case then I suppose that it may as well be non-renewable so I really dont know what my point is lol..
I wonder what the status is on the worlds scientists attempts at fully synthesizing oil? If that were possible, it would quickly put some countries out of business..
sorry, im rambling way off topic here, to much caffeine this morning

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

its no problem. normally i would be more reserved also, but the middle east is a place i feel very strongly about because i spent so long there. the people there arnt evil like the news makes them out to be.

yeah i cant stand bush. he is a disgrace to all real conservatives, then he does the most screwed up stuff and says he has conservative values. makes us all look horrible.

you say you are from the state as him. does that mean you are from maine or conneticut?
or are you from the state that bush likes to pretend hes from, texas?
what a fraud that clown is. he isnt a good old boy, hes a new england ninny.
it would be funny if he wasnt running our country.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I would love to have had the opportunity to have spent some time in the M.E.
I never meant to say that they were all evil, I know they are people just like me and want to just be left alone.
Every country and every religion have their zealots or fanatics.. I have no problem at all with Islam or any other religion as long as its presented to me in moderation.
What do you do that you were able to spend so much time there anyway?

And yea, I am from Texas. I know the Bush's claim my State as their home because we have no State Income Tax, at least that is one of the most likely reasons..
The only reason I said he was from "my" State is due to him being Governor here for 8 years..

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
How many people really believe that oil is actually a result of decomposing dinosaur bones and is non-renewable?

Whoever told you that... obviously hasn't a clue. It's actually decomposed and pressure cooked plankton, algae and other small, tiny, sea life. Their total biomass per season far outweighs everything else on the planet. Also, algae provides more than 70% of our oxygen, so don't knock the pond scum.

Here, have a read:

Petroleum: Biogenic Theory

Sure, it's Wiki and sure it's a theory. BUT, it's a scientific theory, not to be confused with normal regular Joe's such as you and I's definition of the word "theory".

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Interesting article beach, thanks..
But when I said "dinosaur bones" i was just generalizing, you know "fossil" fuels lol, i wasnt being serious..
sometimes I forget, on this board you have to be very careful with wording

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join