It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bishop in New Mexico sees ETs? Or was this a delusion? Police investigates a bizarre call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
DID A BISHOP IN GALLUP , NEW MEXICO SEE ETs?
OR WAS THIS A DELUSION? - Police investigating bizarre call

from KOAT-TV news (Albuquerque)
October 1, 2007:

GALLUP, N.M. -- Gallup police reported a bizarre set of circumstances following a recent emergency call to the home of Roman Catholic Bishop Donald Pelotte.

The most recent event happened Thursday when Gallup police reported receiving an emergency call from Pelotte, 62.

An incident report from the McKinley Metropolitan Dispatch Authority reported that Pelotte told operators "...gentle little people, about 3 to 4 feet tall, and wearing Halloween masks" were in the hall. The dispatch log reported that Pelotte said he hid in a closet while the people were in his home.

The report said Pelotte offered conflicting information about the people who he said were in his home.

At one point, he said one person came to visit and the others also came inside. He also described them as strangers and said they had been there three hours and didn't want to leave.

Police report they never found anyone inside Pelotte's home.

Pelotte recently returned to Gallup after being treated for injuries sustained in a fall at his home in July. Since then, he has been in and out of hospitals and recovery centers in New Mexico, Phoenix, Houston and Florida.

Police said at the time of his original fall that the initial report was that the bishop had been attacked by intruders who entered his home. Pelotte later confirmed that he had fallen.

The diocese told reporters in Gallup that priests who consult Pelotte will make decisions concerning his involvement in the church:

www.koat.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would think you would be sure if you were looking at an alien. Every living thing gives off a presence. Wether its an annoying fly, or a dog, or another human. We all notice these creatures in different ways. Certainly an alien would be more obvious than the vague description provided.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
I would think you would be sure if you were looking at an alien. Every living thing gives off a presence. Wether its an annoying fly, or a dog, or another human. We all notice these creatures in different ways. Certainly an alien would be more obvious than the vague description provided.

A delusion? An illusion? A temporary "psychological" phenomenon? Well, this brings us back to what really is "reality". Perhaps he did see "something".........maybe not in a physical sense......but again, he could have seen "something" in a physical sense......
it is difficult to state conclusively that the bishop had a temorary psychological disorder of some kind. By the way, I would lprobably not be so sure if I were looking at what appears to be an alien or not.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Perhaps he was merely taste testing the Sacramental wines ?......... Just kidding.
Stories like this are very difficult to explain logically.

[edit on 10/10/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I accessed this story via the C2C web site and, needless to say, found it intriguing. How tall are those grays supposed to be?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I dont know how old he is but it could be senile dementia. I worked with old folks once and they sometimes see all kinds of things.

OR...

It could be true. Who knows.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
He might have suffered a stroke. When my mom was wheelchair bound with a stroke she hallucinated my father having sex with the physical therapist who came several times a week to help her.

Drug interactions will sometimes do that as well. Doctors do not always keep track of all the medications elderly patients are taking.

[edit on 10-20-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Being that he is a Bishop of the Catholic Church I would think that he first would of thought what he was seeing were more likely little demons and not aliens and thus would have not been so afraid but yet brave enough to have stood his ground while holding out a crucifix and reciting scripture from the bible or something. Or at least learned some things about demonology during his years being a Catholic Bishop to know what to do instead of hiding when something unholy shows itself. Tho I have to admit if I saw anything like that Id probably be pretty scared myself and not know what to do at first. I wonder what the church has to say about this and what if anything they and the Bishop think they should do. Re-bless his house? Call the Pope?

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Bishop seeing ETs?

Nah, if he really did, police would've silenced him already, and probably lock him up in prison.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

I know what you mean about 'presence': there are some things out there which can look as ordinary as ordinary as can be, but noticing them gives you a terrific electric shock, and it's only then you get a clue what you thought was ordinary is anything but...and here I'm speaking from personal experience.

However, sometimes you get no such electric shock and it's only the reactions (or lack of them) from other people that alert you something's afoot: many times, like say when I've been visiting somewhere like London, (I'm from Liverpool, UK), I've noticed people who've seemed normal as normal can be except they've been dressed in periodic garb, (Elizabethan, a la 'The Prince & the Pauper' period's particularly common for some reason), but when I've pointed out to my mates what I've imagined to be extras from movies, they've sworn blind they couldn't see any such costumed person. Now the 'extras' who've wandered off into the distance and out of sight may actually've been genuine extras, but the ones who've vanished right in front of my eyes are obviously far less explicable.

Where this bishop guy's concerned though, I'd suggest his visitors must've had some kind of disturbing 'presence' simply because his behaviour, (locking himself in a cupboard for hours, etc., before calling for help), was more consistent with someone being freaked out rather than feeling threatened by hoodlums.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont know how old he is but it could be senile dementia.

I remember hearing about this 3 weeks back and the TV said that the Bishop has a physical condition that set this off. I can't remember the details but I think you are right dg .... or at least close.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It took all of two seconds to look it up and find out that he is only 63 years old now. He's not senile and there was no dementia.

This was either his cover-up of a sexual encounter gone violent or it was actually some sort of weird paranormal/alien event.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
According to the Gallup Police report, both Kolb and Maikowski deny they have had a homosexual relationship. Kolb admitted to police he was gay, but that he had been trying to live a celibate lifestyle. In a startling revelation to police, Maikowski admitted to having some homosexual experiences in his past. "Father Tom stated that when he was in high school he was involved with girls, but in the seventies he was in Fort Wayne (Indiana) in the seminary and he was involved in something gay back then one or twice," wrote Detective Billy Padavich.

However, the Gallup Police Report : On May 7, 2004, Padavich interviewed both Lujan and Pelotte about the situation. "Deacon Lujan had explained to me that Father Maikowski wasn't to have any contact with Mr. Kolb," Padavich wrote in the report. "Deacon Lujan said that he thought the relationship between Mr. Kolb and Father Maikowski wasn't appropriate and he told Mr. Kolb he needed to leave Cathaderal (sic) School.

Obviously Bishop Pelotte was pulling the strings and advising Lujan to do the dirty work to distance himself from the scandal. It has been rumored that perhaps a bizarre triangle existed. Kolb being marginalized took out vengeance against Pelotte (assaulting and beating him up). TO keep the incident under wraps...it was whitewashed with a cover story. There are other layers not mentioned herein. It could be mentioned that perhaps Pelotte was indeed poisoned by someone...could it have been Kolb? This would explain the mental confusion /haullcinations of little people in the house of Pelotte....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So did he lose his faith yet?
Seems the thing to do if you see aliens as a religious person.

top topics

join