It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear tesing in space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There is a site i found about nuclear testing in space in the 50's and 60's. It seems like Russia and the U.S. were in a race to see effects of The nukes. If you look at the graph you see that the US had blew up the highest nuke @ 60km. I wonder if this radiation from these tests indangred any of us on earth. I couldn't find any new info on nuke testing so i guess this has stopped, unless Nasa and the US govt. are testing nukes in space far enough away to avoid any detection.
Does any one thik this is possible?

Here is the link: www.johnstonsarchive.net...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
No, it's not possible to test a nuke far enough away that it isn't detectable. Massive balls of fire, immense amounts of radiated heat, as well as all sorts of electromagnetic pulses and powerful gamma ray bursts make a nuke explosion one damn hard thing to hide.
Also, space officially begins at 100km, at the Kármán line, so anything below that altitude is an atmospheric test.

The only real use of high-altitude nuclear explosions is to provide a massive EMP to disrupt pretty much all non-hardened electronics at ground level. The EMP that is released from a ground level nuke explosion is negligible compared to the same weapon being detonated at, say, 80km ASL.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What if we did this inthe sea where no one could see?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Need I say more?

top topics

join