It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Rover Sending Data Again, Status Unclear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

NASA's Spirit rover communicated with ground controllers early this morning, sending back some data and giving hope that normal operations might resume.

www.space.com...

"Scientists said Spirit's flight software or computer memory might have become corrupted. Either glitch could leave the robot's power supply healthy and allow adequate time for recovering control of the rover."

I could take this and run with it, but I won't just yet, something strange is going on.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I could take this and run with it, but I won't just yet, something strange is going on

(quote lysergic)

what do you mean lysergic? throw your theory out there, why not?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Strange indeed as all other probes(the British and the Japannese one that never even made it there) due to reach Mars have been lost. Just that this one managed to land.

This could all be a conicidence, bad luck, perhaps something is going on. Now is this from a natural cause or is someone or something causing this to happen?

Could someone be trying to cover up something on Mars?

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Ranger]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Let's hear it Lysergic? No point in reposting information without new input....so let's have it.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I agree lysergic. Let's have it. Something is definitely up with all of this.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think the aliens on mars dont want us to find out about their planet..... or not...
maybe it's something to do with travelling millions of kilometers through solar flares, solar winds, intense radiation bombardment, etc, and then trying to send back an uncorrupted signal through all that.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hmm, I was just thinking, let say there was a past civilization on Mars, was just thinking funny how probes gone missing, and how that Russian probe supposedly caught a glimpse of something massive, like a 15km long non-natural object.

Not sure what really went wrong, maybe it's some sort of alien jammer buried underground, maybe it didn't destroy this one, just happened to corrupt it and take it offline for a few days, but it still kept beeping letting NASA know it was alive.

I dunno, I think NASA is all a front anyways.

top topics

join