It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe goes on forever...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
...this post will not

In short this is something i have been thinking about for quite some time on diffrent levels. in some discussions on other threads about other topics it would come up so i wanted to lay this thought out in the most logical manner i could. i apologize if it sounds elementry or disjointed but i want to show the thought process...

i started thinking about this doing research on the bible. i found inconsitsancies and errors. i wondered why God would allow this to happen. i realized that religion is too powerful not to be corrupted by men. God would leave meanings in uncoruptable things, things that never die or end, things that cant be mistranslated because the meaning comes when you see them.

i notice symbols all around me, i study the history of the symbols. they point to something. the five pointed and six pointed star. fractals. infinate numbers.

i study fractals, they are mathmatical equations that replicate ad infinatum.
en.wikipedia.org...

even in crop circles fractals appear (someone is trying to tell us that the universe goes on forever)
www.greatdreams.com...

i study the ratio's found in nature, like the golden ratio and the silver ratio
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

so, who cares?

i belive the message is that the universe goes on forever. time also. reincarnation. matter changes but never ceases. it is all endless. there is no begining or end. even the biggest objects in space, stars never really disapeer, they either turn into dwarfs or black holes but there is always something there.

maybe im rambling but does anyone have a clue what i am trying to exspress?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If space is curved as is claimed, then it makes sense that it is curved in all directions and that ultimately an expanding universe will round that curve and collapse in on itself until that stasis prior to the big bang in reached and the cycle starts all over again.

If that is true then in essence the Hindu's are right.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

but why does it have to collapse? why cant it exspand forever? what limits are there on infinity?

recent scientific finds have shown the universe has a large amount of dark energy. If so then the expansion of the universe can continue forever.

but like i was saying earlier fractals continue on forever, there are no end to them. our universe is modled on fractals (mountains, patterns of tree branches, snowflakes, mineral deposits, blood vessles)

being the universe is modled on them dosnt it make sense that maybe the universe does go on forever?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
because as I understand it, space is curved.... and logic says that if space is curved it is curved in all directions and like all curves it eventually turns towards itself.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You are looking at the bible as it is wriiten today and you will see a text that has been translated, interpeted and edited at least 100 times before it got to you. It has lost all meaning and direction.

And to top it off, it's origin was started more than 300 years after the fact. There is probably no truth to it's foundation. They are just tall tales.

As for space. Whether it's curved or not, humans will never be able to reach it's end. It is too big with there is not enough comprehension that humans, in their current form of evolution, can fathom.

top topics

join