It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove Global Warming and win $125,000!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
www.junkscience.com...

If you think it's a no-brainer that humans are causing catastrophic global warming, here's your opportunity to earn an easy US $125,000.00!
That's right, the prize money has increased as we seek warming advocates' price threshold!

The prize has gone unclaimed for 57 days!

I guess Global Warming Scientists prefer getting "grants" for their "research" than actually getting paid for proof that it actually exists?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I posted this elsewhere in response to this junk challenge:

...someone must falsify both of these hypotheses.

UGWC Hypothesis 1
Manmade emissions of greenhouse gases do not discernibly, significantly and predictably cause increases in global surface and tropospheric temperatures along with associated stratospheric cooling.

UGWC Hypothesis 2
The benefits equal or exceed the costs of any increases in global temperature caused by manmade greenhouse gas emissions between the present time and the year 2100, when all global social, economic and environmental effects are considered.

In essence, any entrant must support catastrophic climate change. And this just kills any honesty the challenge might have:

Entrants acknowledge that the concepts and terms mentioned and referred to in the UGWC hypotheses are inherently and necessarily vague, and involve subjective judgment. JunkScience.com reserves the exclusive right to determine the meaning and application of such concepts and terms in order to facilitate the purpose of the contest.

www.ultimateglobalwarmingchallenge.com...

I think that hypothesis 1 could be supported at a scientific level.

Hypothesis 2 is a joke. Moreover, it is assessed solely at the discretion of junkscience dudes. I'd rather give $15 to oxfam.

I think this is comparable to Kent Hovind's evolution challenge - a pure BS publicity stunt. There are people taking bets on future climate, if they were that keen on putting money against the science, Milloy can do so without such crap challenges.

join