It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving an alternative energy machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
In this thread I would like to discuss ways to survive after successfully inventing an alternative energy source. This can include anything from extremely efficient batteries all the way to free energy.

So lets say you’re a garage tinkerer and you have just discovered the holy grail of physics, a machine that generates a continuos source of power for nothing.

The first thing that should come to mind is that if you go public you will be on a 100 different government and corporation hit lists. Your personal security should be your first concern.

But what is the best way to go about securing yourself and intellectual property? Do you hire bodyguards and find some good lawyers?

Feel free to list all ways you would go about securing yourself in the above situation. And please lets not get off topic on the whole laws of thermodynamics stuff, this is a theoretical situation.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's one guy who might have just such an answer:
www.post-gazette.com...
Wonder how long his projected life-span is?
If it worked though and could be replicated in an easy, efficient manner...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Very tough question. You have to find a way to get it patented so others can't claim it. But who would submit their patent blindly with such a world altering, powerful, dangerous thing. Lawyers I guess might be able to help. Then you would need to have enough people know so that if something happened to them and you it couldn't be played off as and 'accident'.

Staying hidden while your patent issue was worked out would be necessary. Then, getting the thing into as many private citizens hands as possible, so that they can't 'buy' the patent and make it disappear. A grassroots effort of sorts until the word gets out.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

OUTSIDE SOURCE "But researching its potential will take time and money, he said. One immediate question is energy efficiency: The energy the RF generator uses vs. the energy output from burning hydrogen.

Dr. Roy said he's scheduled to meet tomorrow with U.S. Department of Energy and Department of Defense officials in Washington to discuss the discovery and seek research funding"

There's good money in research grants. I might be tempted to exploit that. Sort of let them have it a little at a time while I got paid the same way. Would that be ethical?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ethical? Are you kidding? What the hell does that word even mean, really?
Word on the street from Carnegie Mellon University insiders (research them - BIG black box center) is that this is being looked into verryyyy deep.
Don't know what that fortells for this poor sap though. He will probably "fade to black" soon ----MUPPET NEWS FLASH: Scientist John Kanzius was killed in a freak toaster related accident...tomorrow sunny and high 75, sports next...

[edit on 2-10-2007 by passenger]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
First. be quite about it intil its totally tested and ready for production.
Second. Call all the newspapers radio tv everybody except fox cause thery were bought years ago. Tell them you want to have a press conference on an attempted terror plot. (so ya lie a little.)

third. Have the machine there and a machine for all the big media presidents to take home for themselves and use forever. that way they will not think you are just a crack pot.

fourth. Make machines for friends family and charities like mell trotter kitchens ands boys town. what this is doing is getting the info and tech into as meny hands as possible. once that genie is out not even the oil compinies can stop it.

fifth. change the design a little then patent it. that will give the energy company's something to buy for the highest bidder and your original invention is still helping safely in the hands of the publick and you some serious money to spend. plus because now every body in the world knows about it your safe to spend your money.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice twist on 'Corporate Survival'

I have a healthy distrust of patent offices...I'd make 10 copies of the schematics and all research notes and seal them in jiffy bags with the day's newspaper and mail them to myself friends and family...as long as the packages are never opened, it should be just as legally admissable in court as a patent claim if the design is ever pirated by corporate suits

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The supposed thousands of years the NWO has been planning to rule the Earth would go to waste in a flash as I used my unlimited energy resources to defeat every conventional army on earth by sheer attrition.

It's entirely possible that if I were to discover free energy, the antichrist would in fact be me.

Maybe it's better if one of you guys figures it out first, huh?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
After you invent your free energy device, I'd use it power the home and car but that's about all I'd do with it. You don't have to actual invent anything anymore to raise the ire of the PTB. You just have to openly criticize the status quo openly and loudly for a long enough period of time.

en.wikipedia.org...

He was silenced not for a breakthrough but because he openly called the energy research industry the lapdog of the major conventional energy corps who refused to follow up promising technologies that might upset the global energy infrastructure. Like JP Morgan told Tesla if he couldn't stick a power meter on it, he didn't want Tesla to invent it.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
After you invent your free energy device, I'd use it power the home and car but that's about all I'd do with it.

That's enough to get them on your back. I was away from home for awhile and therefore my energy consumption dropped dramatically. I received written notice that I would receive an "estimated" bill because my reported one seemed too low. Later, I received notice that there "may be a problem with my meter" and that technicians would be sent to replace it. The obvious inference is they thought I was cheating and had somehow "rigged" my meter, giving false data. Don't think you're not being watched every minute. So how long do you think it would be before they found you out? And for those of you that would say: "Why didn't you just tell the power company that you were out of town?” Answer: It's none of their %$%^&*@ business where I am!

Originally posted by crgintx
Like JP Morgan told Tesla if he couldn't stick a power meter on it, he didn't want Tesla to invent it.

Nothing has changed there, has it?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yes, but you left your meter on. If you had your own power source, you could have your electric shut off - or even stay on it, but sell power back to the company! That's what alot of people with solar panels and windmills do.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Yes, but you left your meter on. If you had your own power source, you could have your electric shut off - or even stay on it, but sell power back to the company! That's what alot of people with solar panels and windmills do.

Ok, that's true.
But the key here is they use Government approved rules and regulations to do so. You just can't say to the powers that be, " I have my own energy source now!" And even if the power source is legal in some circumstances - it may not be legal in all. That is, for example, where I live I can't set up a windmill.
The problem arises, as per the OP, when you have to reveal where you're energy is coming from. That lets the cat out of the bag and exposes you to whatever dangers may result from stepping on the toes of a monster.

P.S. I, for one, am keeping an eye out in the obituary section for the name of the inventor I posted earlier. If he dies in a "mysterious" accident, we'll know what the truth of the matter is here.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by passenger]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You could just shut the power off completely. You really *can* just tell the electric company you don't want their services anymore, there's nothing in the law that says you owe them an explanation why. The electric company isn't going to send a hit man to your house because you turned the power off.

top topics

join