It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Pesticide-Resistant Fungus is Threatening Worldwide Wheat Crops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Massive Pesticide-Resistant Fungus is Threatening Worldwide

w3.newsmax.com

A massive pesticide-resistant fungus known as “wheat rust Ug99,” is threatening billions of dollars of wheat crops in Asia. This fungus, which is named for the place and date of its first discovery (Uganda in 1999), has spread across East Africa and the Middle East and is now threatening wheat crops in Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and India with chilling implications.

So far NO cure has been found to kill this fungus!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciencenews.org
environment.newscientist.com[/url ]
[url=http://deltafarmpress.com/wheat/070530-stem-rust/ ]deltafarmpress.com

www.ars.usda.gov

[edit on 2-10-2007 by BlueRidge]

[edit on 2-10-2007 by BlueRidge]

mod edit to fix link

[edit on 15-6-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I received this story via NewsMax. I have no knowledge of its validity. I will google some more and post what I know. I know the article is about profiting from this disaster....what a shame....if true.

Just updated, looks like this could be for real. I have supporting links for the story that are not about profiting from this disaster. Just think how our lives would change if food in the western world became scarce.

w3.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
For those of you who believe in the Bible, this could be one of the mechanisms for bringing about the massive famines mentioned in the book of revelation. If you aren't a believer, it still sucks when people die of starvation. Thats something both Christians and non Christians can agree on

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRidge

It's just so sad, this seem to be the way of the U.S. It's been said that as much as $80 on a barrel of oil is pure Wallstreet speculation and people all over the world are suffering because they can no longer pay for the basics goods. Now the street is buying up wheat futures and holding them untill a 1000% profit is realized..... like daddy said you wanna know who and what is causing a crises (any crises) in the world? Just follow the money, there is no such thing as TOO RICH !!

victorydave (michigan) retired

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Oh Gee. all those people on the other thread that said I was an idiot and there was no food shortage or potential food shortage.....I was dialed in on this back in February........in ya face.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have to ask why this is in breaking news? It's been known about for quite a while. I think i posted about it a little while back, just a little one liner in amongst a long post of mine.

new topics

top topics

join