It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Isn't the right date... (y2k all over again?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Also what is this z whatever thing someone mentioned?

Zecheria Sitchin predicted the coming of planet X and its consequences in 2012

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If we make it past 2021 then we always have this to look forward too

Apophis 2029-2036

Last month was significant for the asteroid formerly known as 2004 MN4. On July 19, it lost its provisional designation and acquired its permanent number and name. The number, 99942, is the largest yet assigned to an asteroid. The name, which will delight Egyptologists and science-fiction fans alike, is Apophis.

Apophis info source

NASA sets schedule for handling asteroid threat

It Hits Mainstream media NASA source

Apophis remains at level one on the Torino scale because of a very low but non-zero probability of impact in 2036. However, the approach in 2029 will substantially alter the object's orbit, making predictions uncertain without more data. "If we get radar ranging in 2013 [the next good opportunity], we should be able to predict the location of 2004 MN4 out to at least 2070." said Jon Giorgini of JPL

Source link Armageddon/Gehena

During the early morning hours of April 13, 2029, observers in Asia and North Africa will have a chance to witness a rare celestial event as an asteroid, Apophis, passes within 20,000 miles of Earth.

Certainly won't be the brightest object in the sky, but it'll be easily observable with the naked eye, so I have heard...

[edit on 4-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Incredible!!! Was that found on Mayan territory?

HERE is a link that explains about this artifact and plenty of other anomalous artifacts.

If you like spheres, take a look at these:

Apparently these spheres range from a few inches to 8 feet in diameter.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
If we make it past 2021 then we always have this to look forward too

Apophis 2029-2036

Last month was significant for the asteroid formerly known as 2004 MN4. On July 19, it lost its provisional designation and acquired its permanent number and name. The number, 99942, is the largest yet assigned to an asteroid. The name, which will delight Egyptologists and science-fiction fans alike, is Apophis.

Apophis info source

NASA sets schedule for handling asteroid threat

It Hits Mainstream media NASA source

Apophis remains at level one on the Torino scale because of a very low but non-zero probability of impact in 2036. However, the approach in 2029 will substantially alter the object's orbit, making predictions uncertain without more data. "If we get radar ranging in 2013 [the next good opportunity], we should be able to predict the location of 2004 MN4 out to at least 2070." said Jon Giorgini of JPL

Source link Armageddon/Gehena

During the early morning hours of April 13, 2029, observers in Asia and North Africa will have a chance to witness a rare celestial event as an asteroid, Apophis, passes within 20,000 miles of Earth.

Certainly won't be the brightest object in the sky, but it'll be easily observable with the naked eye, so I have heard...

[edit on 4-10-2007 by zysin5]

Humanity wont see after these dates. If so and we all "evolve" to enlightenment then we can solve it other ways. Furthermore NASA won't exist after 2012/2021, which ever is really right.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
For clarity in this argument and answers to whatever question you might have, mail this fella: Carl Johan Calleman

I have been studying and following this subject for a long, long time now (fighting back the temptation of making it an obsession) and above all sources this is the most credible of them all. He gladly answers all questions.

Please contact him, I am too lazy. But if he says 2012, I guess that is the time.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

They were found in a mine in South Africa

Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres. Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator. Two types of spheres have been found: one is composed of a solid bluish metal with flecks of white; the other is hollowed out and filled with a spongy white substance. The kicker is that the rock in which they where found is Precambrian - and dated to 2.8 billion years old! Who made them and for what purpose is unknown.

They are a pretty amazing find. I wonder if they were formed naturally somehow. . . Spinning as they cooled & that's how they got round & etched? Just a wild guess.

2PacSade-

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

No 'human' has 100% credit unless they get their info from the bible, and the bible only. Further, it must be decoded using scripture and scripture only, NOTHING MORE. Now thats just me, but I'm sure others will agree.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I think it is extremely ignorant of us to believe we can calculate the demise of civilization. We all know its going to happen at some point or another, but the only person that can predict the date is the man sitting behind the "Launch Worldwide Nuclear Attack" button (coughGeorgeB*shcough). Questions anyone?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Please disregard above post.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Wow thanks for sharing those spheres!! I never knew about them.. But I did know about them.. Its incrypted in messages in movies..

I will give you one such hint.. Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom..

The stones of that movie where sphere stones, with 3 marks etched into them...

Thus movies have been telling us about many things, but just in a way where we have to do our homework to connect the dots!
Thanks for sharing all this info with us here guys!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well as you can see, decimals throw things off quite a bit. The exact date may not be as important as the idea that they picked a date during the galactic alignment along with other strange coincidences. This happens once every 26000 years and they seemed to pick the date where our sun is going to be just passing into the other side.

When it comes to space and time, the mayans seemed to know more than an average person knows today...thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever

Well as you can see, decimals throw things off quite a bit. The exact date may not be as important as the idea that they picked a date during the galactic alignment along with other strange coincidences. This happens once every 26000 years and they seemed to pick the date where our sun is going to be just passing into the other side.

When it comes to space and time, the mayans seemed to know more than an average person knows today...thats for sure.

Ya, they had internal wars to settle debates about their star map and calender. I have been thinking 2012 is indeed the galactic alignment, this is there for a reason I think.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1337cshacker

Eh. Ok...

Forget it then. He has a PhD but nowadays those are pretty easy to come across... He has been studying this subject for many, many years now and he is one of the worlds leading reseachers in the field, but hey, he didn't mention ANYTHING about the bible so why give him any credit? I guess I will listen to you instead...not.

If you put your cursor over his name (in my previous post) it is a link to his e-mail adress. Mail him if anyone has any questions.
Please do (if you intend to get some answers that is).

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Raud]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Don't roll your eyes at me sir, and I won't disrespect you.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I think it is extremely ignorant of us to believe we can calculate the demise of civilization.

The theory is that the earth will live great changes because of an astronomical(as in astronomy, the study of space and planets) event at the end of the Mayan age/cycle. It isn't some wild guess that society will know it's demise at that precise date.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantix

I think it is extremely ignorant of us to believe we can calculate the demise of civilization.

The theory is that the earth will live great changes because of an astronomical(as in astronomy, the study of space and planets) event at the end of the Mayan age/cycle. It isn't some wild guess that society will know it's demise at that precise date.

Indeed.

They were (and are) right about seasons, eclipses, astronomical events, star observations, and many other things including the END of an era. More accurate than our current "know-how".

Still, we are not familiarized with this concept (Era cycles), and our science is not in agreement (even in understanding) of these maians discoveries.

As it has always been, the human science thinks that NOW we are on our pinnacle of knowledge. Witch is completely false.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think I have to say that 2012 is actually the real beginning of the 21th centurty.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
someone explain to me quick how christian ideology of the end of the world fits in with the mayan calender a civilization deemed barbaric by christians of that time.

so much so in fact that alot of the mayan history culture and artifacts were destroyed by christians. which is why we will never actually know rather or not if the mayan calender ends in 2012 or if there was more to it. because the christians raped pillaged and destroyed as much of the culture and people as they possibly could.

and ill answer my own question.

you cant because it doesnt the christian popular end date was 2000 your blind faith failed you. stop trying to leach onto other peoples beliefs as a back up for the lie you were fed.

the apocolypse the end times repent repent repent is all crap its fear mongering. it keeps you questioning your safety always looking for that blanket to hide ur head under so the serial killer monster wont get you. keeping you oppressed and hidden from the real joys of life. keeping you in the rat race. keeping you raising the family with 4 kids and going to work to provide for them and trying to acheive the american dream. its all busy work. to stop you from realizing we are in control of our own destiny's and life. we our a capsule for the most powerful complex thing known to man to date the human mind. to keep you from thinking to keep you from realizing your own abilitys capabilitys if you would just turn off the tv and tune out the rules fed to you from birth and focus listen to what is going on inside you.

WAKE UP

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think this whole Mayan calender business is a farce. The real truth IMO is 2012 is the date when the entire earth is under UN control.

2010 will be the date when all unions will be finally formalized:

European Union
American Union
Pacific Union

2012 - All three unions are now under full control of the UN which will further breakdown those borders and institute a cashless society, chipping, etc.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by keops

Also what is this z whatever thing someone mentioned?

Zecheria Sitchin predicted the coming of planet X and its consequences in 2012

the actual prediction wasnt 2012 unless he revised it. the actual prediction has came and went already i remember because i follow stichens work and believe very much of what the man has uncovered.

i even believe his work is the reason were in iraq. that the catholic church the most powerful entity on the planet has theyr hand in keeping the anceint lie going to keep us mundane and therefore the artifacts that disprove the lie must be destroyed from what remains of the sumerian/mesopotamian culture.

thats my theory. but anyway i was called out and laughed at for boasting his prediction i believe it was may 2003 was the earlier prediction by stitchen i refer too. i could be wrong tho as this is all from my horribly faded memory

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join