It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Isn't the right date... (y2k all over again?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
First of all Wikipedia totes a 2012 page (who would've thought)...
en.wikipedia.org...

Here it describes the Mayan Long Count Calender (a.k.a. Mesoamerican Long Count Calender) and how December 21, 2012 will mark the end of the calender. Hopefully this much you already knew, but if not do some research it's a very popular subject.

The end of their calender marks the end of the 13th (thirteenth) b'ak'tun cycle. So let us add it up shall we?

The hypothetical starting point this all is based on is 3114 BC August 11.

b'ak'tun cycles go in periods of: 395 solar years.

1st number: Calender Begins 3114 B.C.
2nd number: Supposed End Day 2012 A.D.
3rd number: b'ak'tun cycles are in 395 years
4th number: b'ak'tun cycles in Mayan Calender - 13

Let's do this then!!

395 * 13 = 5,135 years
5,135 - 3114 = 2021

The calender ends in the year 2021? Wait a second let's do this again..

395 * 13 = 5,135 years
5,135 - 2012 = 3,123 B.C.

Well that's not right either, the calender would have begun in 3,123BC which is not historically true.

What are we to conclude? Have we been trailing a lie fed to us by disinformation?

2021 ladies and gentlemen is the year the calender ends. I don't know who has been shoving this 2012 crap down our throats but it's about time someone speaks up. I bought into it until I did the math myself, and now I realize I thought something was going to happen on Y2K as well.

The fact is, whether you want to believe it or not, our "years" mean nothing. 2007 is a representation of time since the death of Christ. It's almost like the "christian calender" although nobody will admit that for thousands of years down the road.

If our calender was true to the birth of cell formation it would be closer to 3.5 billion years.

If it were true to the universe it would be closer to 15 billion years.

History of the Universe:
www.historyoftheuniverse.com...

I think it is extremely ignorant of us to believe we can calculate the demise of civilization. We all know its going to happen at some point or another, but the only person that can predict the date is the man sitting behind the "Launch Worldwide Nuclear Attack" button (coughGeorgeB*shcough). Questions anyone?

[edit on 2-10-2007 by blowfishdl]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

lol and who would of thought that wikipedia is that credible of a source, lol

every calendar hs been fu**ed with over the years and to know what exact date to what civilization is and probably will never be found

but i agree, I think 2012 is another y2k fear ride

who knows though, we'll see.

it still is an interesting subject to read up on regardless, hence the website

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

so you think what z sechin and other scientists said was a joke?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by keops

Please use facts and quotes and documents to support your position on the subject. ATS Frowns upon posts that are pointing fingers, yet providing no evidence. Thanks for understanding

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Trouble with 2012 is that no one really knows what is going to happen. It is simply, according to the Mayans, an end of an age. All of this stuff about some terrible thing occurring is unsubstantiated. Honestly, I look forward to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Trouble with 2012 is that no one really knows what is going to happen. It is simply, according to the Mayans, an end of an age. All of this stuff about some terrible thing occurring is unsubstantiated. Honestly, I look forward to it.

I agree that nobody knows what will happen, but it is a matter of when the calender ends. Everyone is boasting 2012, but the numbers don't add up, and somehow 2021 is the correct number. Ironically 2021 is 2012 with the last 2 numbers reversed.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The WISE shall understand, YOU ARE WISE INDEED!! Nice work, I trust this. I have been questioning 2012 myself, hearing 2021, and other dates, but Im sold on 2021 now myself. What are our years? They are just that, and people who used 365 1/2 should feel like a tool. It does not make sense that the anti-christ NWO would last 7 years, and 2012 is 5 years away!! Where is the anti-christ rein? Not here in this time, it would have been setup 2 years ago. I think it will be setup in 2014, then in 7 more years christ will come back, either physical "out of the sky with light" or within ourselves. We might have more time than we think after all! This is very good news gentlemen, we have even more time to prepare. But in 2012, 2021, 2091.... don't know but SOMETIME, this civilization will fall. Counting on 2021 myself.

But, disinformation? Allot of 'disinformation' nuts exist. I have seen a cult, with much true knowledge, they thought it was 2012, so it might be disinformation. But it might just be a simple math mistake.

America... Failing in math since 1776!!

Scientist do believe that the sun cycle will be at its max in 2012, and I do think there WILL be a solar flare. In the bible code it state a solar flare in 2012, also a comet.

"2012 -comet-large-stone-stone like-stony-object-sped-tounge like-sun-whole earth, earth annihilated-smitten-stricken-smitten-planetary wanderer-fragmentary-sixty mile-blunderbus,scattergun-crater,canada,ultimate,terrifying,appalling,lethal,
modifier-mantel-axis-tilting-tipping-speeded-seismic-eradication-it will be crumbled/I will tear it to pieces."

We can argue the merrit of bible code all day, thats also not the topic, just know it has predicted assassinations down to the day! Also codes in the book "moby dick" (which has correctly predicted assassinations as well), so its possible the code isn't restricted to the bible, it might be gods hand at work through our own! If you believe a single word in the bible, regardless of it being altered by Constantine's evil hand, you must accept bible code for what it is. Furthermore, some predictions (code strings) did not happened, this tells us its phony, or malleable, I think its malleable and put as a warning so we could change. Too late for some of the strings though.

This string above is from revelations and Isaiah, its hard to determining if the comet will be crumbled, or if earth will. Some can argue that it will be the come, I hope so, and would not argue against it, but, no one can prove either way-earth or comet. Its apparent god dosen't lie, so I think now 2012 will be an important date, but not the LAST date. I don't have the strings but there is bible code that speaks of 2013, now wait a sec, if 2012 is end all days, then 2013? This puzzled me until now! blowfishdl, by the grace of god! you have done humanity a great deed with your simple math skills! Godspeed brother!!

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Honestly, I look forward to it.

I as well, evil mans time on this planet is now short thank god.

Hey, can someone do the calculations on the Egyptian calender? Since both 'end' on same dates it would be good exercise to make sure we mis calculated it as well. If so, it should also fall on 2021!
(keops, your avatar is freakin me out!!!)
[edit on 2-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"No one knows the day or the hour, not the angels in heaven, not even the Son - only the Father."

anyone who claims to know the end makes God out to be a liar. do not be deceived.

all we can do is watch and observe and stay alert to everything. but we should not be distracted from following the two golden rules: love God and love you neighbour. these should be our primary concern. and alas, i am the first to admit i'm not perfect in this regard.

also, just for information: constantine did not alter the bible, and if he did, he didn't do a good job. our modern Bibles are translated from manuscripts that were around long before Constantine and the council of nicea. there were other councils through the second and third centuries led by independent church leaders from around the mediterranean (because there was no 'universal' church back then), and the subject of their discussions was which 'gospels' and 'letters' were authentic and which were pagan adaptations/forgeries/gnosticisms. we can trust these Spirit led men who made sure the bible reached us in an unblemished way - how can we trust them? because the Spirit testifies with our spirit when we read it, which is the testamony of Jesus Christ.

"You do not need anyone to teach you. But as the anointing that remains in you teaches you of all things, and is real, not couterfeit - so also remain in him." 1john2:27.

You must believe that if you want the scripture to be opened to your heart and mind. do you really need bible codes then? just some things to ponder.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by sollie]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sollie
"You do not need anyone to teach you. But as the anointing that remains in you teaches you of all things, and is real, not couterfeit - so also remain in him." 1john2:27.

You must believe that if you want the scripture to be opened to your heart and mind. do you really need bible codes then? just some things to ponder.

You bring valid points. Constantine did alter it though. A simple google search sheds light. No he did not do a very good job, but it was changed none the less, and less than half of the people that went to the meeting to change it came back alive. Thats OT though.

Originally posted by sollie
"No one knows the day or the hour, not the angels in heaven, not even the Son - only the Father."

I can't determine if the string above is something change, more than likely NOT, it is a real statement I think. Its very true Jesus said 'the wise shall know', so Jesus knew some people will know, at least a time line, not necessarily events. If not 2012, 2021, and if not 2021, sometime soon. You are very correct saying all we can do is watch, these times and calenders might be all blander and useless information, but regardless, the time IS at hand. Gods statement here is not meant as a deterrent, but personally I think its true only for general public. Further more "day or hour", if you want to be that literal, what about year? Shall we know the year? I think so. This logic also dismisses dec 21 winter solstice, thats day and hour.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i've done a lot of scholarly research into biblical criticism and i'm close with many biblical scholars (including my parents), but what i'm saying is it doesn't matter - the Bible has come to us in the form that it is because God intended it.

i promise, the Spirit testifies to the fact that there is nothing out of place in the Bible. it is as God intended it. it doesnt matter who authored it, who altered it, who manipulated it etc. the Bible is perfect. if you have an issue with that assertion, don't take it up with me or anyone else. pray about it and meditate on the things that you find hard to understand or believe. some questions take years to be answered, but they will be. so patience is essential. seek and you'll find. that is a promise.

Jesus said we should read the signs of the times as a way of preparing our minds and souls for salvation and transformation. "When the fig tree sprouts it leaves, you know summer is near".

i would like to concern you that laying your faith on dates and times is hazardous. not because it will anger God, but because people can be led astray and their faith in God can be damaged. Jesus said to build your foundation of faith by doing what he does. what are his two primary teachings? the two commandments, love God and your neighbour. if we build our faith on anything other than love and life in the Spirit, we risk being overcome by the stoms and circumstances of life (including false prophecies).

the end times or last days began when Jesus ascended because His resurrection is the first evidence of the New Life which will be ours at the end of the age. this is why the epistle writers spoke of their time as the last days as well. so 2000 years of end times prophecies and the end is still to come...

i'm not sure where Jesus said 'the wise will know' regarding the end of the age. can you find that for me? Jesus said 'not even the Son knows, only the Father who is in heaven'.

i would urge you to be content with the truth that no one knows for sure.

here's my point - what if the end of the world was next week, but i died in a car crash tomorrow? would i be right with God? i question myself with this...we who focus on prohpecies should all think about this one seriously.

i dont want to discourage you from learning, but encourage you in your faith in Christ.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Check your math

baktun= 144000 days

solar year= 365.25 days

1 baktun= 394.25 years (144000/365.25)

13 baktuns= 5125.25 years (13*394.25)

-3114 + 5125 = 2011

Wait a second it's a year off how could this be!

There was no year 0 it went from 1BC to 1AD

Now I sense that the 12-21 date question is coming and I could spend some time putting strings of decimals in here but I think the rough calculation is sufficient.

Determined 0 date or start date was August 11 3114BC

August 11 is day 223 of the year which comes out to about .61 (223/365)

December 21 is day 355 of the year which comes to about .97 (355/365)

When you add the .25 (from 5125.25) you get .86 which is off by .11 (about 40 days), but if you keep the original decimals in from each equation you will get the approximate date that has been determined my most researchers.

We are talking 40 days out of 1,872,000 so it is easy for the rounded numbers to throw things off by a little bit.

So there is the basic explanation of how that date was determined.

OP.. I don't know where you got your numbers but I showed you how I got mine.

[edit on 113131p://upWednesday by Mushroom Fields Forever]

[edit on 123131p://upWednesday by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mushroom Fields Forever

Good job clarifying the date.

Those decimal places will be the death of us all!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sollie

I do as you say, I love god. I have forgiven the liars, secret govs, terrorist, everyone, and love them. I am not betting or trusting for anything to happen or not happen. I am aware of the signs. I do not base my faith on dates, for you to assume so is premature. With mushrooms post I now question the merrit of both dates. It is clear none the less, SOMETHING, will happen SOMETIME, SOON. Godspeed.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

Please use facts and quotes and documents to support your position on the subject. ATS Frowns upon posts that are pointing fingers, yet providing no evidence. Thanks for understanding

Could you use facts and quotes which provide evidence that the end of the Mayan calendar will signify the demise of civilization as you stated above?

Why would you associate demise with this date?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 20CosmicSpiral12

How little you know. Google it. Well, since I'm a good guy, I'll fill you in. Don't worry I planed to anyway.

Each end of a Mayan sun is brought with destruction and 'cleansing' of the planet. It has happened on the dates in the past, this is why there is no recorded history older than 5,000+- years. Humanity is older than mainstream science says. Artifacts have been found dating to 1.2 million years, yes, artifacts made by humans. There was a metal ball found with 3 lines, groves, on it going all the way around. The metal could not be scratched by the toughest steel. Its purpose is unknown. Anyway, the last time this happened is when Cro-Magnum man mysteriously disappeared and homo-sapien mysteriously appeared. I like to call homo sapien "intellectual bi-pedals", and the ninja (or anyone else enlightened) "superior beings".

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
There was a metal ball found with 3 lines, groves, on it going all the way around. The metal could not be scratched by the toughest steel. Its purpose is unknown.

Is this the artifact you are talking about?

I am not caught up to speed on ancient artifacts that appear to be a anomoly from the prescribed and main stream version of our history. However, I find this topic extremely interesting and I am currently reading everything I can find in a attempt to 'catch-up'.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

YES that is it. Brilliant find sir! If you have off topic questions u2u me.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I agree that nobody knows what will happen, but it is a matter of when the calender ends. Everyone is boasting 2012, but the numbers don't add up, and somehow 2021 is the correct number. Ironically 2021 is 2012 with the last 2 numbers reversed.

coud you provide some links to sustain yr theory?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
There was a metal ball found with 3 lines, groves, on it going all the way around. The metal could not be scratched by the toughest steel. Its purpose is unknown.

Is this the artifact you are talking about?

I am not caught up to speed on ancient artifacts that appear to be a anomoly from the prescribed and main stream version of our history. However, I find this topic extremely interesting and I am currently reading everything I can find in a attempt to 'catch-up'.

Incredible!!! Was that found on Mayan territory?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

coud you provide some links to sustain yr theory?

I simply did the math myself from the information on Wikipedia. The link to the Wikipedia reference is at the top of the forum. Any more questions please feel free to ask..

Also what is this z whatever thing someone mentioned?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join