It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Breeze/Ed Walters discussion..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have been pondering the Gulf Breeze/Ed Walters case of late, and I am troubled by a couple of things. It’s been largely dismissed that Mr. Walters was a hoaxer and accomplished his famous stills by using a double exposure technique with a small model and a flashlight (although I realize that the Gulf Breeze UFO flap consisted of a lot more evidence than simply produced by Walters, it’s his photos that garnered the most attention). If he was perpetuating a hoax than wouldn’t Bruce Maccabee, one of the premier photo analysts in ufology realize this? But yet he continues to argue for the authenticity of the Walters photos. A gulf Breeze resident by the name of Tom Smith Jr. claims that he watched Walters fake pictures, and also charges that Walters wanted him to provide a corroborating eyewitness account. I am very interested in what others here have to say about this case. Has Maccabee changed his position on this case? What has become of Mr. Walters?

[edit on 2-10-2007 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You know, people really suck sometimes. Actually, more than just sometimes.

In this case... Either the witness is lying or the guy claiming that the witness is lying is lying. Either way someone is lying. It's just so completely retarded.

Of course, there could just be some misunderstanding... But there always seems to be a case of a person being a down right asdf.

People make up stuff, misinform, unnecessarily discredit, etc. All really to the detriment of our race.

Everyone is looking for personal gain. Yeah we're all guilty of it but it's something that we really need to get over.

Sorry, somewhat off topic. It's just that I've seen so many cases of BS lately. In almost every case there's always someone that "has proof" of disclosure along with someone that "has proof" that the claimee is fabricating. In most cases one of the two sides (or both) can't be trusted.

It just really sucks that we're stuck where we are because of things like this.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Granted, either the witness or Walters is lying, truthfully I don’t think there is any way around that. What bothers me is that a well respected man like Bruce Maccabee would argue for the authenticity of these photos for so long. The reality is; either Mr. Maccabee is not as credible as most of us have thought or these photos are real. Just think about the gravity of that latter part of that statement for a moment. There have been so many Ed Walters detractors out there, for so long that it’s almost a given that he was a fraud. It just makes me wonder what the motivation behind those who were so completely convinced that he was a hoaxer. If he wasn’t a hoaxer, and the photos are real as Mr. Maccabee claims, than someone had to go through an awful lot of trouble (like planting a scaled down model of a UFO in his old house only to be miraculously stumbled across inside of a wall by the new owner) to discredit him. And why then go through all of that trouble if there wasn’t something powerfully motivating behind your actions? Just doesn’t make sense.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well I live in Gulf Breeze and can tell you that the skies are full of military aircraft night and day. The town is literally sandwiched between two of the biggest military bases in the US. C130 gunships flying in circles at night tossing out flairs during exercises is not an uncommon thing to see. I'm not positive on this but if I'm not mistaken the word around town was that someone moved into his old house and found the models in the attic. I will try to find something that will collaborate this if possible.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is the information I was talking about.

Link
You can also find various other articles about it on Google by searching Ed Walters attic model.

I know you mentioned the possible planting of the model in the attic but from where I sit its pretty much a hoax thats just how I see it. You could dig it up and beat it up some more if you like but in the end it is still a hoax.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My opinion of Mr. Walters is :
Hoaxer.

If a person not only sees, but
photographs this many UFO's
in one area, and noone else
can....

Well, something ain't quite right.

This is where my analytical mind
comes into play, and no amount
of photo analysis is going to alter
it.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He was totally caught. I mean it doesn't get any plainer than that.
Model of UFO + Attic+Guy who photographs numerous UFOs alone = HOAX
The discussion of someone planting the model to discredit him is just bunk.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Indeed and I appreciate the input. It’s just one of those cases that seem to have a polarizing effect. Similar to the Paul Bennewitz story in a lot of respects, it’s another one of these cases sort of gnaw at me. Perhaps I need a hobby. Thanks again folks!

new topics

top topics

join