It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interaction with the Spirit World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Religion is faith and faith is the definition of ignorance. Ideas need to be respected on their merit and anything faith-based has no merit to be respected.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hi Grey, first of all thank you for making this thread. Since I'm relatively new to this understanding of the way things are, I was hoping you could clear a few things up for me. You mention getting in contact with other spirits, or the energies of rocks, etc. My question is this; if this world is an illusion and the rock and I and everything else are connected, or even further, I am the rock... why would I try to communicate with it as if it were a separate entity? It would seem that I'd be trying to engage in a conversation with myself. If it's all in my head so to speak, do I really need physical representations in order to get in touch with my true self?

Thanks man, I'm still learning

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEdge

That's an interesting point I'd like to hear what grey has to say as well. I have my own opinions that are very similar to his but he tends to be a little more eloquent in his delivery. Thanks for posting though, I know that it is appreciated.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEdge
My question is this; if this world is an illusion and the rock and I and everything else are connected, or even further, I am the rock... why would I try to communicate with it as if it were a separate entity? It would seem that I'd be trying to engage in a conversation with myself. If it's all in my head so to speak, do I really need physical representations in order to get in touch with my true self?

Thanks man, I'm still learning

Good question.

Where we are at now, you, and I, we don't yet fully realize that everything is connected. We understand it well enough, but it's not "fact" in our psyche. Furthermore, thing of this connection as the internet. If you go to ATS, you're not going to end up on myspace unless you go there. That is what talking to the rock would be like.

Think of yourself as ATS. You can talk to yourself, and probe all you like. Though ATS is on the same internet myspace is, you're not going to find out that what's on myspace by going to ATS, does this make sense?

It will take quite a bit more understanding and connectivity before you can treat yourself as the rock. Also, understand, that we are just a part of this interconnection. Though we are all attached, it doesn't mean, we are the whole thing. In time, our minds can expand, and our conciousness will be able to access others more readily.

But until we're at the point where we can be everywhere at once, it's best to make friends.

Let me use the Matrix as an example. Neo realized that there is no spoon, it is himself, so he can bend it. However, you and I can say there is no spoon, no there is no spoon, but that damn thing aint going anywhere. We're not at that level where we can interact as if it were part of ourselves, hence why we can still die, get sick, why our knowledge and transportation are still so limited.

Again, you may try to think of it this way. If you meditate and talk to yourself, in this lifetime, you may never...ever know what I am thinking. OR, you could just ask me, and I'd tell you in a second.

Making connections with other entities automatically starts giving you more access to their energy/conciousness. It's a much faster method of mind expansion that personal reflection and observation, though that is still vitally important.

I hope this answers your question, if not, lemme know.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks Grey, I think that does clear it up for the most part.

Speaking of the Matrix, I had always thought those guys that made it were in the know. It seemed a little too deep for them to just be purely making it up. I have a new question for you now that you bring it up. If I befriend this spoon, will it bend for me? Secondly, if this is possible, what is the extent of this power if you want to call it that? Surely it can't be restricted to small objects?

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEdge
Thanks Grey, I think that does clear it up for the most part.

Speaking of the Matrix, I had always thought those guys that made it were in the know. It seemed a little too deep for them to just be purely making it up. I have a new question for you now that you bring it up. If I befriend this spoon, will it bend for me? Secondly, if this is possible, what is the extent of this power if you want to call it that? Surely it can't be restricted to small objects?

Thanks again!

A spoon's abilities are limited to those of a spoon. They do not have any mechanism with which to bend themselves. A spoon has certain manifest attributes, as do we. These will not change. That's sort of like saying, if I befriend a dog, will he grow wings and fly? No.

Again, your interactions are mainly in the spiritual world, where things are more fluid. In this physical world, things and animals are not going to change their physical attributes. You would need a far wider arrangement of friends simply to accomplish a spoon bending.

For example, people who have befriended fire, and have a high level of faith are able to hold a light match in their palm without being burnt. If you befriend the elements, the rain from a storm may take longer to start wearing down your immune system, and at high levels, may not effect you at all.

I won't attempt to guess at what abilities the upper levels of connectivity can grant you, but I will take a stab, saying that no superhero could ever compare, at those levels.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman

Let me expand on that.

In order to bend a spoon, the easiest way(not involving you hands or physical manipulation) would be the following.

Get in touch with the resonance on the spoon. Feel it, probe it with your mind. Get in contact with it. At an energetic level, use strong intention (vivid mental pictures+strong desire) to cause a change. Doing this, it is more possible. You are not trying to will a spoon to bend, really, you're focusing on manipulation and direction of energy.

Qigong experts should be good at this, as they are adept with the direction and maipulation of various energy forms.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
hi grey
i want to ask you a straight forward question,
can I learn how to interact with the spirit world
i had a ghost come visit me once and i scared her away
i have tried and tried to get her too come back but so far she hasnt.

i am being very honest here, i would really like her to finish what she had come too do that morning and i believe it was to say goodbye.

i know it sounds crazy and far out
but
i would be very grateful for any advice you can give me. U2U me if need be.....

thank you friend

btw
great posts
chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenfeet

I wish I could give you a more direct answer. It depends on her. If you truely scared her, she may avoid you, and she is certainly more adept in navigating the spirit world than you. Besides, she may well have been reborn, taking a new form by now.

If she is still maintaining that identity in the spirit world, it is posisble to search for it.

Also, if you intently feel sincerity in you heart, you may communicate with her subconciously. Lock onto her feeling, and no matter where she is, or what form she takes, subconciously, she will get your message. It may not be as good as walking up to her, saying hi, and having a conversation, but sometimes, the time has passed for that opportunity to take place, and you won't be able to have the same exchange you may once have had.

For example, I am on the verge of putting my dog to sleep. Just haven't scheduled it. Though I will still be able to contact him, I won't be able to play and cuddle with him like I have been able to do with him in the past.

I wish you luck contacting her.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
thank you for your answer

it was not what i was hoping for but thats life.lol

it happened a long time ago
but i will always think about that morning and her as well.

i will let you know if i ever succeed.

thank you friend

i appreciate your reply

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenfeet
thank you for your answer

it was not what i was hoping for but thats life.lol

it happened a long time ago
but i will always think about that morning and her as well.

i will let you know if i ever succeed.

thank you friend

i appreciate your reply

chickenfeet

I'm glad I could be of service. Please let me know if I can be of use again.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Thanks again Grey, you've been much help.

I've been told numerous times that meditation is the key to developing this heightened consciousness. I'm not too sure on how to meditate properly though. Do you have any suggestions?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEdge

Here are some of the easier to understand techniques.

basic instructions:
Sit in a comfortable manner with loose clothing, in a fashion that your spine is straight. Make sure the temperature, sound, etc is all comfortable. Have 10 deep controlled breaths before you start.

#1 As you meditate, focus on your breathing. Keep it fluid, and steady, nice and deep. If a stray thoguht pops up, just dismiss it and go back to the breath.

#2 As you meditate this time focus on a concept. Perhaps universal love. Contemplate this concept, just focus on the words, and try to feel the meaning in your heart.

#3 As you meditate just observe. Any thoughts or sensations that occur, just notice, and move on. Try not to add too uch thinking to it. Just notice where the thoughts lead.

#4 Focus on a body part or energy center. By focusing here you are expanding your conciousness to allow higher energies to flow through, and grant you access to deeper portions of yourself.

#5 Feel your own energy vibration. Focus on the feeling of your energy. Focus on it, though, like any meditative practice don't force it. Now, conciously try to feel your energy in something outside of you. Feels as your energy subtly extends beyond yourself, and flows through other objects. Feel as you become more aware of your energy and conciousness. Gradually, you want to work up to feeling the resonance of your own vibration flowing through all of life. This one you should do after you are fairly practiced with the above methods.

There are many higher levels of meditation that it wouldn't be prudent to mention right now.

Eventually, you want to be at the point where you are meditating, no matter what you are doing. You'll have single-pointed focus on whatever you are doing. At this level, your intention starts to soar, you'll have more freedom of movement and thought, you'll feel very open to nature. However, it's always a work in progress. You're never THERE. You connection can always deepen.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
@ TheGreySwordsman

Excellent thread, please don't stop, your ideas have much value and truth in them. The ones who read this and ask for proof should look in their heart and see what they feel when reading it. If you don't like the feeling then this is not for you.

There is so much beyond this world that we "see", it's unimaginable. Each of us choose how much to actually see.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hey Grey !!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if you have had any messages from the Sprirt world that you could pass on on about the year 2012.
Everyone has a different slant on the year so have you heard or have anything to say about it?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyber_Wasp

I've not asked about 2012. I have a personal bias that something will occur on 2012, and since spirit messages require interpretation, I fear I may improperly interpret any messages to agree with my opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

I'm glad that you like the thread. btw is that your real picture? If so, you're quite pretty. If it's a celebrity picture, I wouldn't know, I'm pretty disconnected from the mainstream.

This thread has been my most successful yet. It must have struck a cord. Everyone's looking for something.

It does not concern me when people don't agree. In fact, I'm surpised that this many people recieved this message in a positive light.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
This reminds me of native american teaching.

Sorry I've taken so long to get back in here.

I've had people tell me that before, but I mainly just follow what seems right to me. I guess in some ways it could coincide with Native American teaching, however, I am not a Native, and am not highly knowledgable about those kinds of teachings. I know a little bit, sure, but not a lot. So... really, I just do what I do. And that's what I end up with.

Grey, it's no problem. It's something I am deeply interested in, myself.
And I am not so sure I'd have the courage to post a thread like this here.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hello Grey !!!!

Thanks for your reply.
I would still be interested on what you think will happen in 2012 anyways. Even if it is opinion based and not from spirit messages.

It is funny that that you say you are a little surprised about the amount of positive support. There is definitely a shift occurring right now. People are becoming much more open to new ideas and ways of thinking. The internet is like a pre cursor to the collective conscious mind. If you use it and search with knowingness you are guided to wonderful things. Just like some of the people on this thread have discovered.

It is not about being able to prove things anymore by being able to hold something in your hands and say there it is. It is about awareness and what you can personally experience. If we follow what you say we will have our own experience and proof. I have found that with my experiences with connecting with the higher self, that I get some kind of validation with in days of receiving a message. It is really amazing.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyber_Wasp

Well, because so many sources seem to agree that something is happening in 2012, or that general timeframe, this is the conclusion I've reached.

#1 The closing years of this dark age will be bleak indeed.
#2 There will be a climatic end to the dark age
#3 A new more positive age will begin.

For example many have told me we are in the Kali-Yuga period of a 4 period cycle. Basically, it's the age of death and ignorance. Hopefully, we are all correct in feeling this dark age will be over.

However, I think that it is also possible that if we as a people fail a final test before the birth of a new age, we will lose out, and this particular form of like may not exist, or we'll continue to exist in the "shallows" so to speak for an ever longer frame of time.

My beliefs are not solid on this all however, I am still open to adapting and changing my point of view. However, I have seen too many sources, mystical, scientific, and otherwise to NOT believe something of some importance will happen.

What that change will be, you have my current guesses...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join