It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scariest (I just made in my pants) movie moments!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
I also remember watching a film called 'the trilogy'? it was about some ancient statue that came to life and later it exploded in the oven?Can't remember much about it....

so many movies......
anyone know this one?

That would be a TV movie with Karen Black called Trilogy of Terror, which had three separate stories, all starring Karen Black. The one everyone remembers is with the Zuni fetish doll that comes to life when its necklace falls off.

It chases her around her apartmentment and terrorizes her until she flings it in the oven. I'll spare the ending so's not to ruin it for whoever hasn't seen it. The ending's pretty trippy.

Anyone who saw this one as a kid will probably remember it as scary.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

I have seen this.

Let us never speak of it again... ABOMINATION!

Scary Marylol

[edit on 3/12/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
Of course, one might have to watch the entire movie instead of clips. I haven't actually watched any of these movies. Except Jaws.

lol

Well, then I take it you don't like horror movies.. :shk:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yeah I remember that scene from Salems Lot, truly creepy...seems some of us here are products of the seventies.

For me some of the scariest are:

Carrie: The original with sissy spacek, the last scene when the hand jumps out of the grave and grabs her friend. That scared me silly.

Poltergeist: When the camera guy in the house with the little psychic lady starts peeling his face off in the bathroom.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Again the Original, pretty much the entire movie is traumatic.

And of course and to this day one of my all time favorites is any time "The Tall Man" was on screen in Phantasm.

Theres also some old home movies of my Uncle Frank in a speedo and loafers. It's horrific, but I don't think it applies here.

Spiderj

Fun Thread.

[edit on 12/3/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Nyorai
Of course, one might have to watch the entire movie instead of clips. I haven't actually watched any of these movies. Except Jaws.

lol

Well, then I take it you don't like horror movies.. :shk:

Mmm... I usually stick to documentaries. Today's scary movies have changed in comparison to the old days (of which I have seen few). But a good scary movie can be really (really) intense if you get into it. I remember watching Chucky when I was 5 and having the fear for years that some random doll was going to come into my room and stab me... thanks dad. But real life videos are the ones that I think really get people.

Theres also some old home movies of my Uncle Frank in a speedo and loafers. It's horrific, but I don't think it applies here.
That was great!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Heheh its funny how things change.. You make me feel old man
)
When I was but a wee lad we didnt have youtube.. the computers back when I was a kid was all apples and the comadore 64~
I didnt get to see online content until I was about 17 or 18 was when I got my first home PC !
Things change so fast... Now that to me is scary!!!

Peace
Tybo

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Nyorai, I like documentaries as well.. One of the problems with the horror film genre is that it's starting to run out of ideas and themes. I mean, in the 50s it was monsters, in the 60s it was the loning psycho, in the 70s it was the supernatural, in the 80s it was the slasher, in the 90s it was shock horror... Now they are starting to run out of ways to shock. They have went to gore, but it realy doesn't affect me much..

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You know, I would have to say that the true horror of film is that of plausible occurrence. Such as end times, nuclear war, etc.

A movie that I respect, and one that left me in shock for days, is Threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join